Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FleetingWishes. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: SakZ

@bold - abhimanyu during the one year of with Ak , knew her, her childhood, her trauma, her dynamic with arohi and the family, how she prioritise her family over everything, how she run away from problems etc. basically he knew about her life of 25-26 years.

abhinav knew nothing about her that matters to understand her. He knew her for 6-7 years only in which pretty much nothing happened except for a complicated birth.

IMO, if you don’t know your partner’s childhood and family dynamics, then you know nothing about them and you will never know what causes them pain. Then you will never be able to understand them.

I think you are overrating this just given the amount of time. Your premise is because he knew her past he 'knew' her. My premise is to really really know someone you have to spend day in and day out with someone that Abhinav did for over 7 years. Abhimanyu saw Akshara a certain way -- in fact everything he knew about her was colored through a certain lens. This is where most of the conflict arose in their marriage, either times. Because he expected her to act one way, she acted another, and they hardly ever were able to resolve their conflicts in a just understandable manner. Knowing your partner means being able to create a sort of synergy where you're also able to handle one another, each picking up the slack when the other fails. From the way I look at it, Abhimanyu had built up an image of her in his head based on the information he had and that image came crashing down many times during the period their marriage lasted. Which hardly amounted to anything.

Abhinav on the other hand was able to manage Akshara, intuitively understand and adjust to her needs, handle her stress and her far better. They both had the kind of synergy Abhira lacked which shows in how long the relationships lasted. And like I said somebody who lives with you for 7 years will always 'know' you more than somebody who hasn't. Every single second spent with someone is a second of knowing something about them through the choices they make. It's all active primary information over secondary sources. This is especially the case in a partnership like Abhinav/Akshara's.

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I don't think he ever called her a murderer. He blamed her carelessness for the deaths of his brother, their babies and then flippantly said maybe she was responsible for Seerat's death too. No one ever justified that as being the right thing to say. But to claim that means he called her a murderer? I don't think that's accurate. Murderer is what she called him - explicitly and many times over for Nav's death. And if we want to talk about abuse......emotional, verbal, mental, physical - that is what Akshara has done to Abhimanyu relentlessly for the past 8 months. So yes, maybe our perspectives are very different in measuring one day of failing in terrible grief v/s 8 months of relentless abuse in blind anger.

Re: ITV changing....lol yeah I don't think so....the current #1 show where second chance Anuj was hailed as the ideal man - that Anuj also blamed Anupama and walked out on her, then tried to divorce her flippantly too.....but he is still being hailed 😆. Emotional abuse labels are only assigned selectively based on when a miscarriage happens I guess.....all other times you can say anything and get a free pass. I'm not asking for any free pass for Abhimanyu's mistakes....I'm calling out the double standards of Abhimanyu alone being vilified and many others who have done the same or much worse getting a free pass.

It is ok if you don't want to forgive Abhimanyu. Everyone has different parameters for what constitutes "crossing a line". For me, emotional volatility is not something that crosses a line and makes a person unpalatable. Especially if the person has capacity for self-introspection and shows genuine remorse/atonement. Even the words Abhimanyu used that day are hardly the harshest I've ever heard....people have said soooo many worse things on ITV even in current shows - assassinating someone's character, using way more vulgar language for accusations etc. etc....but that is still not somehow held up as some all purpose irredeemable thing like it is in Abhimanyu's case for blaming her for deaths in a moment of emotional failing when he was in terrible grief. It is the way all this is viewed out of context that amazes me.

Ultimately I guess you are viewing this purely from the lens of whether Abhira getting back together makes sense cuz Abhimanyu has shown he can be emotionally volatile in the past.....lol but I'm not viewing this in such binary terms. To me, Abhi has shown a long journey as a human being and it is unfair to only reduce him to whether he can be an apt husband/partner. Let the time come for that again before passing judgement already on what may/may not happen. I see him as a person who has immense capacity for love, is genuine in his intentions, wants to genuinely help/support everyone in his life.....he has faced misfortunes in his life over his impulsive actions - it doesn't make him an unpalatable person in my eyes.

If we start applying such parameters, then Abhir should also be written off as a person today only cuz he is also showing emotional volatility, no? Will Akshara already presume he is also not worthy of being anyone's husband/partner abhi se? 😆

Anyways, I'm happy to stop the debate here if you're feeling tired. Only responded cuz you wrote out some stuff about WD again and that topic anyways feels beaten to death😆

Wouldn't connotations matter though? 9 people are dead. Maybe you had something to do with Sirat's death. I don't even remember all of it. But Abhimanyu was quite malevolent in that entire speech. And how is it a single failure when he knew she'd walked away from anything and everything for a lifetime after losing her babies and being divorced and didn't even try and find her? He did what he did. And didn't do a thing to correct it in that time span. She told them all she'd married someone else after Abhir was born. That wasn't a failing. You don't really go from one extreme to another like that. He had months and months to settle down, realize what he'd done. He'd literally divorced her and said some of the worst things he could've said to her, and knew she was missing because the Goenkas and Birlas were meeting up every other day and didn't even try and find out on his own if she's fine wherever she is. So I really don't buy that 'failed once'. Even the Anisha fiasco, it took all the evidence for him to even want to sit Akshara down and ask what had happened, why she'd left him. And then to be able to trust what she said. That's emotional volatility that is self-destructive. And he has self-destructed quite a lot.

As far as the entire itv debate is concerned -- I don't really see things like that. I judge things as I see them as I'm sure everyone does. So I'm going to hold Abhimanyu accountable for the things he did not based on a scale of how much abuse should get a pass cos it's itv. And honestly I've never been in the cancel camp. I'm not someone who thinks people cannot come back from the worst of things. I wouldn't be a Manik fan from the get go otherwise.😆 I don't mind people going to the worst of ends. As long as the arcs and redemptions are worth it. And I get your point regarding Akshara constantly emotionally abusing Abhimanyu. She owes him an apology as well. But the lens I was looking at it from was an abhira lens. And it's not because I'm discounting Abhimanyu as a person. I'm definitely not. Abhimanyu the person, the father, the son, he has his character and journey in all of its facets. I just think they've not done justice to the abhi of abhira as such and the cameo and those 7-8 months of storytelling and storytelling choices make no sense to me in terms of the abhira story. So to me right now abhira are the weakest link of the story because their story feels very disjointed to me. That's just how I see it.

AHH YES I actually did post that this will be my last repl cos ab main boorhi hogayi hoon aur thak jaati hoon going back and forth on IF but then i was like what if people don't see it so this should definitely be the last last one.😆

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: FleetingWishes.

Wouldn't connotations matter though? 9 people are dead. Maybe you had something to do with Sirat's death. I don't even remember all of it. But Abhimanyu was quite malevolent in that entire speech. And how is it a single failure when he knew she'd walked away from anything and everything for a lifetime after losing her babies and being divorced and didn't even try and find her? He did what he did. And didn't do a thing to correct it in that time span. She told them all she'd married someone else after Abhir was born. That wasn't a failing. You don't really go from one extreme to another like that. He had months and months to settle down, realize what he'd done. He'd literally divorced her and said some of the worst things he could've said to her, and knew she was missing because the Goenkas and Birlas were meeting up every other day and didn't even try and find out on his own if she's fine wherever she is. So I really don't buy that 'failed once'. Even the Anisha fiasco, it took all the evidence for him to even want to sit Akshara down and ask what had happened, why she'd left him. And then to be able to trust what she said. That's emotional volatility that is self-destructive. And he has self-destructed quite a lot.

No, he didn't have months and months to settle down after she left the house. His mother instantly fell critically ill if you might recall. He wasn't chilling away on a beach after she left - he was fighting to save his mother's life and gather the pieces of whatever was left in his family. He was a broken man that day too - not sure why that keeps getting discounted as if he threw Ak out on a whim and then moved on easily in life. He was trying to stabilize his family in the months afterwards. He did go to Goenka house to find out where Ak was - he was informed that she has chosen to stay with someone else in Pathankot and he accepted that.....why? Cuz he was also a broken man that day. When people are broken themselves, they can fail as human beings to fight harder for their relationships.

Then few months later, Ak just INFORMED everyone that she had married someone else....lol what exactly was Abhi supposed to do after that? Run to Kasauli to see who she married? What rights did he have left by then to ask her anything? Timing also matters in the events that played out - not sure why they are being viewed in isolation as if only Abhimanyu's actions led to every event in that phase....it was a chain of action/reactions on both sides.

I'm not sure why we can't let it all go as a tragedy even now....it's still being relitigated over and over again only to point fingers at Abhimanyu....but mistakes were made on both sides to lead to the events that unfolded. It wasn't Abhimanyu's fault alone that the months that followed also didn't repair these things. Now it's 6 years later, he has clearly been punished for what he failed on and still we are just going in cycles over it.

Yes, he did self-destructive things, but again - life is about growing....he has shown acute realization for what he destroyed in his impulse and anger.....what more can he do at this point? The past can't be undone....you can only realize and move forward from it. These past 8 months which you are saying he didn't have anything to do - I personally felt he got a lot of time and space to grow and realize/atone....the narrative gave him that space even in what you feel was all about showing only Abhinav as hero😆. So that is my takeaway from the past 8 months, that's all.

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Team Critics

🤗To a fellow manik fan 😆

Manik had an arc which can't be compared to any ml ..

Anyhow..no idea you've seen katha ankahee..there also the ml did something irredeemable with his indecent proposal to his employee / fl...but after 100+ epis , they're getting engaged ..he realized his mistake soon after the blunder...he had to work really hard to get to the fl , she was a tough nut..but here they are ...audience have a short memory , the moment the ml feels guilty, they start shipping the couple ..same cud be the case with abhira but here we had "abhinav"🤣 That's where all the hatred comes from..

It's just how that particular character is written....this story was never in favour of abhimanyu..he was butchered and he wasn't redeemed up until him giving up on custody ..

Originally posted by: AreYaar

No, he didn't have months and months to settle down after she left the house. His mother instantly fell critically ill if you might recall. He wasn't chilling away on a beach after she left - he was fighting to save his mother's life and gather the pieces of whatever was left in his family. He was a broken man that day too - not sure why that keeps getting discounted as if he threw Ak out on a whim and then moved on easily in life. He was trying to stabilize his family in the months afterwards. He did go to Goenka house to find out where Ak was - he was informed that she has chosen to stay with someone else in Pathankot and he accepted that.....why? Cuz he was also a broken man that day. When people are broken themselves, they can fail as human beings to fight harder for their relationships.

Then few months later, Ak just INFORMED everyone that she had married someone else....lol what exactly was Abhi supposed to do after that? Run to Kasauli to see who she married? What rights did he have left by then to ask her anything? Timing also matters in the events that played out - not sure why they are being viewed in isolation as if only Abhimanyu's actions led to every event in that phase....it was a chain of action/reactions on both sides.

I'm not sure why we can't let it all go as a tragedy even now....it's still being relitigated over and over again only to point fingers at Abhimanyu....but mistakes were made on both sides to lead to the events that unfolded. It wasn't Abhimanyu's fault alone that the months that followed also didn't repair these things. Now it's 6 years later, he has clearly been punished for what he failed on and still we are just going in cycles over it.

Yes, he did self-destructive things, but again - life is about growing....he has shown acute realization for what he destroyed in his impulse and anger.....what more can he do at this point? The past can't be undone....you can only realize and move forward from it. These past 8 months which you are saying he didn't have anything to do - I personally felt he got a lot of time and space to grow and realize/atone....the narrative gave him that space even in what you feel was all about showing only Abhinav as hero😆. So that is my takeaway from the past 8 months, that's all.

And what about her pain and her critical condition? He was introjecting his family's pain and his mother's pain and taking care of them fine enough. What about his wife? How many days or months does it take for your anger to calm down? He didn't have a minute or an hour to spare to the love of his life, the mother of his children, his everything according to him? To wonder why would she even runaway like that, to remember she'd lost their children, she could be sick, she could be this or that or that what he'd done and said to her was beyond the pale? How long does it exactly take to remember what you did was inhumane? It doesn't take months. That's for sure. Manjiri was his responsibility. So was Akshara. He washed his hands of that responsibility in the most inhumane of manners to me. Everyone looks at things differently. To me emotional abuse is at par with physical abuse. He hadn't trusted her the first time around either. Even during the Anisha fiasco, he'd introjected his family's pain and hadn't even wanted to hear her side of the story. So Abhimanyu definitely had a pattern. To me this wasn't a one off. We clearly have our differences over that.

As far as his redemption is concerned -- The point isn't that he's not realized the degree of damage he'd caused. He has. He has suffered. He has paid the ultimate price, in fact paid far more than what was his due. And that's not really the issue for me. I was merely questioning the narrative design choices as in what was Abhinav's role in Abhira's relationship and I actually got a few answers from here and elsewhere which make sense (your answers included) so the narrative doesn't feel disjointed anymore. So I'm glad that's cleared up.😆

Originally posted by: Krinya

🤗To a fellow manik fan 😆

Manik had an arc which can't be compared to any ml ..

Anyhow..no idea you've seen katha ankahee..there also the ml did something irredeemable with his indecent proposal to his employee / fl...but after 100+ epis , they're getting engaged ..he realized his mistake soon after the blunder...he had to work really hard to get to the fl , she was a tough nut..but here they are ...audience have a short memory , the moment the ml feels guilty, they start shipping the couple ..same cud be the case with abhira but here we had "abhinav"🤣 That's where all the hatred comes from..

It's just how that particular character is written....this story was never in favour of abhimanyu..he was butchered and he wasn't redeemed up until him giving up on custody ..

Manik was the best period.🤗 AY is also a Manan fan. She made the best gif threads of all time on them. Those were some days😆

I've heard about that show actually but I never could get into it. Honestly I personally started liking Abhimanyu after the leap. There's this sort of melancholy and theraao that entered his character that I kind of liked. Which also proved a downside cos I don't like his weird jumping hyperself all that much😆 But I do think he got his redemption. It was a very silent sort of redemption but he's acknowledged it several times that what he did to Akshara was wrong. I also think that past that mandir episode he could have chosen to pursue her because I think he suspected rightly so that she still had feelings buried for him deep in her heart. Maybe a previous version of him could've chosen to do it. But him deciding to let go and be ashamed and let her be completely happy was that step in the right direction. He was definitely hurting all this time and he was also trying to be a much better person. And ripping him from his son's life didn't sit well with me either. Abhimanyu shouldn't have to fight tooth and nail to be his son's father. He didn't deserve that if we're being honest.

It could've been without the third angle or the choices they've made. But someone pointed out to me that Abhinav in the story and akshnav's relationship could always be that reminder that sometimes you don't just spring back from choices and relationship errors. Like it usually happens on itv. You lose a lot. And Abhimanyu would/would not have Akshara again but he has also come to terms with the fact that a part of her heart would always belong to someone else. People might have problems with that. I honestly don't. I think if this is how it goes it all makes sense.Obviously, Akshara's choices will come back and haunt her too. I think she will come to regret the fact that she did keep Abhimanyu away from his son. So in a roundabout way maybe Zama knows what he's doing. IDK😆

Indira1211 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Team Sharmas

I think you are overrating this just given the amount of time. Your premise is because he knew her past he 'knew' her. My premise is to really really know someone you have to spend day in and day out with someone that Abhinav did for over 7 years. Abhimanyu saw Akshara a certain way -- in fact everything he knew about her was colored through a certain lens. This is where most of the conflict arose in their marriage, either times. Because he expected her to act one way, she acted another, and they hardly ever were able to resolve their conflicts in a just understandable manner. Knowing your partner means being able to create a sort of synergy where you're also able to handle one another, each picking up the slack when the other fails. From the way I look at it, Abhimanyu had built up an image of her in his head based on the information he had and that image came crashing down many times during the period their marriage lasted. Which hardly amounted to anything.

Abhinav on the other hand was able to manage Akshara, intuitively understand and adjust to her needs, handle her stress and her far better. They both had the kind of synergy Abhira lacked which shows in how long the relationships lasted. And like I said somebody who lives with you for 7 years will always 'know' you more than somebody who hasn't. Every single second spent with someone is a second of knowing something about them through the choices they make. It's all active primary information over secondary sources. This is especially the case in a partnership like Abhinav/Akshara's.

if we look at the narrative objectively..then it’s clear that akshara and abhinav would have remained together forever had he lived. She fought for him many times when people tried to break them,up or when he got insecure..and he fought for her as well..he was clear to abhimanyu and manjeri that akshara is his wife..and not a toy to be passed around., and in the end,,he told her that he wants to,live for her and abhir. So,that’s the gist of akshara and abhinavs marriage and love story ..it was the real thing and the one that lasts until death do them part. But he was not lead actor..so was killed off ..but as for abhira ..they have never had what akshara had with abhinav.,that’s the narrative.. and akshara has in fact forgotten her first marriage completely..so there’s no abhira now. But should they reunite..it will be akshara falling in love with abhimanyu again..although I don’t know how that’s possible..because once you’ve fallen out of love with someone you never fall in love with that same person again..I don’t know anyone who has..because we all know that ex boyfriends and ex husbands belong in the past..they are not the future 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Team Critics

Manik was the best period.🤗 AY is also a Manan fan. She made the best gif threads of all time on them. Those were some days😆

I've heard about that show actually but I never could get into it. Honestly I personally started liking Abhimanyu after the leap. There's this sort of melancholy and theraao that entered his character that I kind of liked. Which also proved a downside cos I don't like his weird jumping hyperself all that much😆 But I do think he got his redemption. It was a very silent sort of redemption but he's acknowledged it several times that what he did to Akshara was wrong. I also think that past that mandir episode he could have chosen to pursue her because I think he suspected rightly so that she still had feelings buried for him deep in her heart. Maybe a previous version of him could've chosen to do it. But him deciding to let go and be ashamed and let her be completely happy was that step in the right direction. He was definitely hurting all this time and he was also trying to be a much better person. And ripping him from his son's life didn't sit well with me either. Abhimanyu shouldn't have to fight tooth and nail to be his son's father. He didn't deserve that if we're being honest.

It could've been without the third angle or the choices they've made. But someone pointed out to me that Abhinav in the story and akshnav's relationship could always be that reminder that sometimes you don't just spring back from choices and relationship errors. Like it usually happens on itv. You lose a lot. And Abhimanyu would/would not have Akshara again but he has also come to terms with the fact that a part of her heart would always belong to someone else. People might have problems with that. I honestly don't. I think if this is how it goes it all makes sense.Obviously, Akshara's choices will come back and haunt her too. I think she will come to regret the fact that she did keep Abhimanyu away from his son. So in a roundabout way maybe Zama knows what he's doing. IDK😆

Kyy is my all time favorite & nobody comes close to manik in itv 😆 I just recently removed him from my dp ..I wasn't a part of it while the show aired..I stumbled upon it 4 yrs bk on my friends recommendation...

My association with AY goes way bk to madhubala days ..she may not remember but I do 😆 I guess madhubala and kyy were around the same time..

Initially when the leap started I was fine with abhim ..akshara away from him and he didn't know abt abhir was a big enuf punishment for him..on the top of that he almost married arohi again 😆 Also I call out akshara on not Acknowledging him as the father & not trying to work out co parenting with him..she was def wrong there .. not in the moments where she wascalled out for verbal abuse ..bec those r the moments when I was waiting for someone to tell abhim on his face how wrong he was..and he also called out on her lies.. baat barabar ho gayi..these kind of confrontation scenes bring trps...whether it's akshara talking or abhin or manish , they were badly needed. The narrative was whishy washy that's a given.

I agree to the points you mentioned that NOW abhim is a better version of himself but I didn't see it during the leap..he was under his mother's spell..when his mother confronted akshara he was literally hiding behind her , not admitting his part of the mistake on wd......he didn't even tell anyone how he divorced her in a jiffy and showed her the door , how he didn't take her calls and refuse to hear her ...how abhir was forced in Birla house and it took him to run away to make his father realize something that he should have known already ..he was in back and forth mode and so was akshara ..

As a father yes he very well deserved to know and be a part of his son's life ..I guess it was a given that it wasn't possible with akshara moving on and abhir having to choose one of them..the court sorry , abhir is a minor..only when he gave up on abhirs custody , I felt his redemption truly started & he's now working hard on it .. yes I do appreciate his stance towards akshnav as he was very much accepting to their relationship (except the temple but I'll pass it) , he also tried his best to not cut off akshnav from abhirs life when he got the custody .his relationship with abhin and abhir and ruhi also, was also one of the highlights ..he needs to be credited for that..

Pre leap it was always abhim for me , post leap it was anti abhim , not akshnav..now I can't say 😆 they cud def do better with abhim ..wd bhi chodo , the guy who's so much ynder his mother's spell is chalta phirta red flag for me

verve thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Wonderful thread after so long ❤

Honestly few threads like these can tempt me to come back to forum discussions 😳

It was good & refreshing to read many meaningful posts analyzing the events and narratives as were shown in the show (and not how one wishes to perceive them).

Indira1211 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Team Sharmas

Originally posted by: Krinya

Very interesting take..I dun remember after how long am I reading an intelligent take on abhira/akshnav.

The question you asked "who writes a story like this" , I'd say they don't give a shit. As.long as they get trp they will write anything . When they don't get trp they will think of making amends but it won't take them far , this is what they don't realize uptil now..ekta k was overconfident on kzk2 working with bullshit tracks but even she had to shut it down after a while when audience rejected the whole concept.

The thing is , trash is being piled up and it's only a matter of time it's gonna backfire.

Coming to akshnav , I don't believe that they brought abhinav as a permanent character. Like you said , with kaira also they tried separations but their love was always the focus..here they went 10 steps ahead and made the fl loathe the ml and move on 😆 Which I actually loved but I knew it , it's not gonna long ..they kept anuj Kapalua as a permanent feature in anupama but they can't do it here ...Firstly their choice of actor was wrong ..secondly they wanted a contrast character as they established abhim as the villain to execute the separation ..they had it but then they also made akshara completely move on and in love with abhinav.....with that , there was no room for conflict between akshnav...if they show conflict they will on the same path as abhira...abhim as a villain of their life was also not acceptable , akshara as a whishy washy char , swinging between 2 heros wouldn't work either ..

The only option they had was to redeem abhim and retract ... They can't have hc playing a second fiddle or have 2 pairs after claims of soulmate love..

The only role abhin played here was to give us a contrasting ml for a short period..they dismantled abhira and now start from scratch again..although I'm doubtful if soulmate.love of abhira will last..6 months they will have to plan another separation.

abhira won’t get 6 months… they are exhausted as a couple .so,show will either end in 2 or 3 months or they’ll do a generation leap. Now according to rumours abhimanyu is going to,forcefully put sindoor on akshara..like really ..how is that going to,lift them,as a couple..😂.. it’s only going to,degrade abhimanyu further. Sadly this gen male lead has been written very badly.,he’s highly toxic with a toxic family in tow,.there’s no redemption for them,🤷🏻‍♀️..