Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FleetingWishes. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Abhinav was to Askhara what Dr. Rohan is to Abhimanyu, a support system when needed, characters who don't drive the story and no plot points are written keeping them in the mind so they are "good" because they don't do anything. Look at Muskaan, the moment she got to do something there's a grey shade in her, that's how characters other than female lead are treated.

If Abhimanyu was a woman, everyone would have said how Dr. Rohan is the green flag male lead because he doesn't do anything other than supporting Abhimanyu

If Abhinav had been the endgame with Akshara then he would have been another Abhimanyu for next leap, MLs effing up for separation happens in every ITV Show

Makers were never nice to that character, didn't even think about giving him a career after he lost his business, they never cared other than including insecurity track for him to show how Akshara is fighting alone

I agree. From a personal pov, quite a lot of the fuel for abhinav as akshara's support system was created out of that feeling of schadenfreude that began before the leap. And perhaps what made them look healthier was the lack of conflict because abhimanyu/abhir angle was the conflict propellor so you could show a pretty stable couple on the other side. But they should've just handled it far better. You bring up all these side characters to spice up your main character arcs not diminish or damage them. I don't really see what the akshara abhinav contributed to akshara abhimanyu's story except establishing a 'kaash'. and 'in another life'

Originally posted by: chaipaani

Hahaha if they wanted to show us that this is how adult lovestory works and all. I must say they failed poorly.

What was the point exactly that One person goes into crying mode and be insecure of things he has been aware of since forever (a) He is not Rich as AbhiM and b) he is not the real/bio father but the kid love him) wasn't he aware of these two situations yet he went to crying mode that too for 25 episode straight(precisely - trust me I counted) & instead of focusing on how to get the situation better other person is like let me focus on this first I am sorry that's not adult lovestory works.

You what would be a adult relationship - 1) Akshara for 6 years also be aware of how Abhinav feels. Actually communicated with eachother on how maybe not now but I will try to give this a chance.

2) Abhinav knowing atleast a gist of her past- you know why coz that will solve all her problems in first place coz a smart man knowingly won't invite his wife's ex with whom she have a son(who you are claiming to be yours in front of the world) home.

To be honest every incident they tried to show them as mature couple. That's laughable. No point for me to write poora 8 months leap here.

Also, I agree they tried to show Abhinav in a heroic light and the narrators intention may not be of him to be look like a manipulator. But for many like me that's how he looks like. His selective righteousness is one of the reason. False narratives, hailing for doing the bare minimum. I can't hail him to be a just another dad to Abhir if he wants us to be like I don't care he is mine or not (can't be both things)--

Adding why I say so remember his monologue on Abhir's b'day when Abhimanyu said ap utne bhi ache nahi hai and he got angry- he was like seene se lgaya socha bhi nahi k yeh bacha mera nahi hai - I am sorry if your first reply to someone on calling you not so good is to remind them how you accepted a child that's not yours maybe you did thought and still think of that child to be not yours but a tool to gloat see how great of a man I am.

And sorry the death toh can never be heroic most stupid death i have seen in ITV. Infact call me dark if i would have read news about something like this in real then also my statement would be - Why drink when you can't handle.

He had a drunken death. When people died like this years later only thing Kasauli people will discuss is yeah Sharma ji rehte the, haan jyada pili khadde mein gir gaye the. Aadmi badiya the par wahi yaar peene ki dikkat.

You've put forward some really valid points especially the one in bold. I wouldn't dare disagree about some of these. Having said that haven't they done injustice to abhira just in the space of the sample size concerned? No matter how anyone looks at it, Abhira's relationship was far too volatile from the start and didn't last. They were never friends so they never even had a foundation of familiarity to begin with. It was a whirlwind love affair that ended with a quickfire wedding that didn't last beyond four months each time. You can't even say they were together for the entirety of a year. On the other hand you've got akshnav who as friends, partners, then later as lovers stayed together and were quite happy and content for over 6-7 years. That's 6 years of knowing Akshara more than Abhimanyu did. Sure there were things people hide emotionally and Akshara had those emotional scars but people value these emotional secrets far too much imo. You truly truly know a person when you live with them because a person's outward characteristics and patterns and actions are just as telling as anything. There's no way you can objectively say Abhimanyu knew or understood Akshara more than Abhinav. That's a pretty big disservice to your leads out of the gate.

Plus all relationships are built upon cooperation. In the end, their relationship had cooperation, a mutual understanding, a lot of trust and respect and contentment from their pov. It's not like even if tomorrow Akshara realizes her mistakes she'll be like oh yeah that time with Abhinav was all a fluke. She'd at best be objective about the fact that what happened with Abhimanyu was wrong. But she wouldn't sit down and assess her entire relationship with abhinav and go like yeah i wasn't actually happy or content in this moment. She was definitely content with him as a friend for 6+ years. And she was definitely content with the relationship she'd come to form with him when she'd tried to form one.

I guess everyone also has their own standards of what makes a healthy relationship more or less. I'd say the way they handled conflicts within their relationship, had that sense of space and peace, the writers were trying to write a couple that was the antithesis to abhira. I'm not saying they were. That's a subjective debate that's wide open on both ends. But I feel like that was the writer's intention. In one of Shahi's interviews he'd said as much about catering to that other audience who found abhira immaturish/etc. At least that was the connotations I got from that IV. It may have not translated for some people. It did for some people. But overall, all done and dusted, it feels a lot like milking a budding fangroup and getting more traction out of a triangle than actually caring about your own leads and writing a story with their growth in mind. Like they further sabotaged abhira in this entire thing.

bold - im sure jo yeh narrate karrahe honge woh bhi peeke narrate karenge😆but yeah lame way to die but he did die as a hero in the eyes of people who loved him and the show gave him a big send off. Kartik ko toh thenga mila aur Naitik zinda hai ya margaya aajtak iska khulasa bhi na hua🤣

Also, thank you for all the replies and povs and the healthy discussion! I did get a new perspective on a lot of things I'll definitely ponder upon. I might not reply again in this topic so I apologize if someone wishes to keep the conversation going. Yeh IF back and forth ab bohat taxing lagta hai honestly. Main buddhi hogayi hoon😆

Sonali1968 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

The point was to show education wealth does not make someone to fall in love with. Also for viewers who was bored with Abhimanyu and his toxicity something new to watch. We enjoyed the era with all the flaws and vibes of the character

Now you keep on going with the show if you like it that is the post

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Team Critics

Originally posted by: Sonali1968

The point was to show education wealth does not make someone to fall in love with. Also for viewers who was bored with Abhimanyu and his toxicity something new to watch. We enjoyed the era with all the flaws and vibes of the character

Now you keep on going with the show if you like it that is the post

This show yrkkh was not created for hc or abhimanyu😆 He's the lead of this season and we may have a new one next year ..they will show whatever rocks their boat .....they're not writing to define just one couple...I'd say abhinav experiment paid off .

At least I'm satisfied 😆

We know how each seasons leads become meaningless with time ...the way they ended kaira and naksh , as if they never existed , is the proof..I won't say they killed their own creation..abhira were never really established ..the experiment will continue I'm sure ..😆

Sonali1968 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Nice post articulated very well

Bharathi_gurti thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Akshara screams in and out that she learned to love someone truly and love oneself from Abinav. Maybe thats why he was there! Just to calm her down and make her travel in a peaceful light. But again senior Abhi entered and messed up everything.

Your question is why Abhinav? My question is why Abhi and akshara again...maybe there's going to be a leap with Abhi J grows up hating his parents and his love story ,so and so ..blah blah..

But one cannot witness another track from Abhi and Akshu even if it's going to be mature and redeeming. They may start fresh as parents,but we saw that amazing track with Abhinav .. so just relax and end it with manjiri hugging her son and Akshu with junior Abhi 👎🏼

SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: FleetingWishes.

You've put forward some really valid points especially the one in bold. I wouldn't dare disagree about some of these. Having said that haven't they done injustice to abhira just in the space of the sample size concerned? No matter how anyone looks at it, Abhira's relationship was far too volatile from the start and didn't last. They were never friends so they never even had a foundation of familiarity to begin with. It was a whirlwind love affair that ended with a quickfire wedding that didn't last beyond four months each time. You can't even say they were together for the entirety of a year. On the other hand you've got akshnav who as friends, partners, then later as lovers stayed together and were quite happy and content for over 6-7 years. That's 6 years of knowing Akshara more than Abhimanyu did. Sure there were things people hide emotionally and Akshara had those emotional scars but people value these emotional secrets far too much imo. You truly truly know a person when you live with them because a person's outward characteristics and patterns and actions are just as telling as anything. There's no way you can objectively say Abhimanyu knew or understood Akshara more than Abhinav. That's a pretty big disservice to your leads out of the gate.

Plus all relationships are built upon cooperation. In the end, their relationship had cooperation, a mutual understanding, a lot of trust and respect and contentment from their pov. It's not like even if tomorrow Akshara realizes her mistakes she'll be like oh yeah that time with Abhinav was all a fluke. She'd at best be objective about the fact that what happened with Abhimanyu was wrong. But she wouldn't sit down and assess her entire relationship with abhinav and go like yeah i wasn't actually happy or content in this moment. She was definitely content with him as a friend for 6+ years. And she was definitely content with the relationship she'd come to form with him when she'd tried to form one.

I guess everyone also has their own standards of what makes a healthy relationship more or less. I'd say the way they handled conflicts within their relationship, had that sense of space and peace, the writers were trying to write a couple that was the antithesis to abhira. I'm not saying they were. That's a subjective debate that's wide open on both ends. But I feel like that was the writer's intention. In one of Shahi's interviews he'd said as much about catering to that other audience who found abhira immaturish/etc. At least that was the connotations I got from that IV. It may have not translated for some people. It did for some people. But overall, all done and dusted, it feels a lot like milking a budding fangroup and getting more traction out of a triangle than actually caring about your own leads and writing a story with their growth in mind. Like they further sabotaged abhira in this entire thing.

bold - im sure jo yeh narrate karrahe honge woh bhi peeke narrate karenge😆but yeah lame way to die but he did die as a hero in the eyes of people who loved him and the show gave him a big send off. Kartik ko toh thenga mila aur Naitik zinda hai ya margaya aajtak iska khulasa bhi na hua🤣

@bold - abhimanyu during the one year of with Ak , knew her, her childhood, her trauma, her dynamic with arohi and the family, how she prioritise her family over everything, how she run away from problems etc. basically he knew about her life of 25-26 years.

abhinav knew nothing about her that matters to understand her. He knew her for 6-7 years only in which pretty much nothing happened except for a complicated birth.

IMO, if you don’t know your partner’s childhood and family dynamics, then you know nothing about them and you will never know what causes them pain. Then you will never be able to understand them.

AreYaar thumbnail

A man dragging a wife to the door and throwing her out of the house vs a man emotionally abusing, divorcing her on the spot, calling her a murderer, how are they any different any way? Like Idk who'd forgive the first one but I doubt I will. I like very few MLs on ITV anyway and anyone like this is not cutting the bill if the redemption isn't worth it. I mean just because other MLs are forgiven by their fans Abhimanyu shouldn't be called out in an objective manner? I feel like maybe ITV's changing in the way it portrays MLs too. It's full of second chances at love after being abused in first relationships and the world we live in today is becoming increasingly hypersensitive to such aggression. Maybe what passed ten years ago wouldn't today. And that's a good thing. The yardstick to measure an action cannot be relative as such. It has to be objective to some degree.

As far as him paying for it is concerned: you can't mix the two. Abhimanyu the father deserves everything and more. But Abhimanyu as Akshara's ex/and prospective husband has a lot to prove and make up for. He's established a pattern that he will have to break. I'm not going to say he has no remorse or he was a terrible human being. But redemption really is all about breaking your own patterns. You walk your talk. Which he'll have to do. And the only way that can happen is when he and Akshara will be together again, something distressful like this will happen, and he won't leave her side. Basically, the only way both the audience and the characters themselves will believe they're meant to be and can last together if they actually last together in a healthy manner. That's far from accomplished as of yet.

The father bit: They did show Abhimanyu was right in bits and pieces where it fit a narrative they wanted to show. I'd still say in all the tracks Abhinav's pain as the father of Abhir was given much more mileage than Abhimanyu's. Abhinav was always portrayed in the most heroic possible light. They'll never undo that. So any redemption Akshara gets and any acknowledgement that happens -- it'll be interesting to see if they'll actually dismantle the mountain and give Abhimanyu his deserved due.

P.S. I feel like I've definitely gotten old and should stop this topic/debate thing because I get tired going back and forth after pg 2 now🤣Crazy to think I could go for an entire thread once upon a time😆

I don't think he ever called her a murderer. He blamed her carelessness for the deaths of his brother, their babies and then flippantly said maybe she was responsible for Seerat's death too. No one ever justified that as being the right thing to say. But to claim that means he called her a murderer? I don't think that's accurate. Murderer is what she called him - explicitly and many times over for Nav's death. And if we want to talk about abuse......emotional, verbal, mental, physical - that is what Akshara has done to Abhimanyu relentlessly for the past 8 months. So yes, maybe our perspectives are very different in measuring one day of failing in terrible grief v/s 8 months of relentless abuse in blind anger.

Re: ITV changing....lol yeah I don't think so....the current #1 show where second chance Anuj was hailed as the ideal man - that Anuj also blamed Anupama and walked out on her, then tried to divorce her flippantly too.....but he is still being hailed 😆. Emotional abuse labels are only assigned selectively based on when a miscarriage happens I guess.....all other times you can say anything and get a free pass. I'm not asking for any free pass for Abhimanyu's mistakes....I'm calling out the double standards of Abhimanyu alone being vilified and many others who have done the same or much worse getting a free pass.

It is ok if you don't want to forgive Abhimanyu. Everyone has different parameters for what constitutes "crossing a line". For me, emotional volatility is not something that crosses a line and makes a person unpalatable. Especially if the person has capacity for self-introspection and shows genuine remorse/atonement. Even the words Abhimanyu used that day are hardly the harshest I've ever heard....people have said soooo many worse things on ITV even in current shows - assassinating someone's character, using way more vulgar language for accusations etc. etc....but that is still not somehow held up as some all purpose irredeemable thing like it is in Abhimanyu's case for blaming her for deaths in a moment of emotional failing when he was in terrible grief. It is the way all this is viewed out of context that amazes me.

Ultimately I guess you are viewing this purely from the lens of whether Abhira getting back together makes sense cuz Abhimanyu has shown he can be emotionally volatile in the past.....lol but I'm not viewing this in such binary terms. To me, Abhi has shown a long journey as a human being and it is unfair to only reduce him to whether he can be an apt husband/partner. Let the time come for that again before passing judgement already on what may/may not happen. I see him as a person who has immense capacity for love, is genuine in his intentions, wants to genuinely help/support everyone in his life.....he has faced misfortunes in his life over his impulsive actions - it doesn't make him an unpalatable person in my eyes.

If we start applying such parameters, then Abhir should also be written off as a person today only cuz he is also showing emotional volatility, no? Will Akshara already presume he is also not worthy of being anyone's husband/partner abhi se? 😆

Anyways, I'm happy to stop the debate here if you're feeling tired. Only responded cuz you wrote out some stuff about WD again and that topic anyways feels beaten to death😆

Edited by AreYaar - 1 years ago
Indira1211 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Team Sharmas

Zama said, and I'm rephrasing here, that Abhinav's character sketch was written from the start with an end in mind. In fact, they had an entire path mapped out for what was going to happen and why, all in accordance with theme that's about insta love marriages and whatever the take Shahi had adopted after a mid response to the post wedding tracks.

The problem is, Abhinav is gone, and now when you look back I cannot see the purpose of his existence and track in the show? Sure, were he here to stay, and were he ACTUALLY paired as endgame with Akshara it would've made a lot of sense. He was clearly the better choice for Akshara. They had this sense of equanimity between them. This tranquility and quietude that's so hard to find in relationships portrayed on ITV. Objectively, his love and support for Akshara was portrayed in an unparalleled light. Which brings me to my point.

You established Abhinav as the ultimate partner to Akshara, in fact, as the ULTIMATE partner period only to bring the story back to abhira as a second chance lovestory? Am I right? Moving on in life. It may sound okay, but when you think about it, you have two people as the leads of a story, you dismantle whatever they have, insert another character who is better paired with the lead, then dismantle that, then go like maybe the lead can move on with the first guy again, what can we do this is life??

Who writes a story like that? The point is, I'm still trying to understand what contribution Abhinav had in Abhira's story instead of dismantling it? Now the story's back to focusing on Akshara and Abhimanyu and their relationship but it was out of the spotlight for so long you kind of feel really disjointed as an audience. And the dissonance is coming from how out of picture Abhimanyu has been for the past 6-8 months? He only had a reactionary track at best and most of his time in these 7-8 months was spent in self-pity and wallowing (even if realistic pretty monotonous and boring after a point). He was never really the highlight of most tracks. And his and Akshara's relationship was a second thought if anything. The story clearly wasn't about them at all. THEM and THEIR RELATIONSHIP.

I'd a few hypotheses. One of them was that they'd pull an Armaan with Abhimanyu probably and make his redemption all about him bringing Akshara/Abhinav closer or Abhir/Akshara/Abhinav closer had Abhir started disliking them. Anything that kind of highlighted how the story was still him, akshara, and them. But when you look back there's nothing like that. In fact there's HARDLY a continuity of arcs for abhimanyu/akshara/abhir.

Instead the one guy you built with the FL for MONTHS is dead. The other guy's back in limelight, and the khulasa of those 7-8 months is a simple apology. See, there's nothing wrong with his apology. There's nothing wrong with him giving abhir back. He's trying and you see that. But abhira didn't even exist for 8-9 months. and existing isn't even about a couple existing. It's that thread of emotional development that is keeping two people joined in a story if it's their story. Like a kashish sujal or Armaan Riddhima (for the 'most' part. Not like DMG didn't muck it up a few times). Or a Kartik Naira. Their separations were all about them despite a Vedika hanging in the background.

So now you have Akshara and Abhimanyu in the frame again. And they'll probably bring them together. But as a viewer when you look at a story as a whole, and you feel this weird, overwhelming sense of disconnect, you really start asking where did it began and what was the point of Abhinav in THEIR story? Akshara would've been strong with or without him. All of this would've happened without him. Or at least without their love story.

What Abhinav added to the main story's a pretty different debate. But in terms of unity, what did he add to Abhira's story? What was this grand plan that Zama had that I cannot understand? Someone explain?

exactly..what was the purpose of abhinav..apart from the female lead falling completely in love with him. ? Only thing possible is that akshara will be pregnant with abhinavs child who’ll be season 4 heroine..and birlas will be removed from the show as the child will most possibly be raised by muskaan and kairav..as akshara will most probably die soon after she gives birth..But now it’s looking like season 4 is not likely to happen. And the whole show may shut down by October or November..according to rumours ..so there really is no purpose of anything that happened this whole season ..it was just a random drama 🤷🏻‍♀️