Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FleetingWishes. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

A man dragging a wife to the door and throwing her out of the house vs a man emotionally abusing, divorcing her on the spot, calling her a murderer, how are they any different any way? Like Idk who'd forgive the first one but I doubt I will. I like very few MLs on ITV anyway and anyone like this is not cutting the bill if the redemption isn't worth it. I mean just because other MLs are forgiven by their fans Abhimanyu shouldn't be called out in an objective manner? I feel like maybe ITV's changing in the way it portrays MLs too. It's full of second chances at love after being abused in first relationships and the world we live in today is becoming increasingly hypersensitive to such aggression. Maybe what passed ten years ago wouldn't today. And that's a good thing. The yardstick to measure an action cannot be relative as such. It has to be objective to some degree.

As far as him paying for it is concerned: you can't mix the two. Abhimanyu the father deserves everything and more. But Abhimanyu as Akshara's ex/and prospective husband has a lot to prove and make up for. He's established a pattern that he will have to break. I'm not going to say he has no remorse or he was a terrible human being. But redemption really is all about breaking your own patterns. You walk your talk. Which he'll have to do. And the only way that can happen is when he and Akshara will be together again, something distressful like this will happen, and he won't leave her side. Basically, the only way both the audience and the characters themselves will believe they're meant to be and can last together if they actually last together in a healthy manner. That's far from accomplished as of yet.

The father bit: They did show Abhimanyu was right in bits and pieces where it fit a narrative they wanted to show. I'd still say in all the tracks Abhinav's pain as the father of Abhir was given much more mileage than Abhimanyu's. Abhinav was always portrayed in the most heroic possible light. They'll never undo that. So any redemption Akshara gets and any acknowledgement that happens -- it'll be interesting to see if they'll actually dismantle the mountain and give Abhimanyu his deserved due.

P.S. I feel like I've definitely gotten old and should stop this topic/debate thing because I get tired going back and forth after pg 2 now🤣Crazy to think I could go for an entire thread once upon a time😆

Originally posted by: yellomellow

Akshara never had a viewpoint nor will she ever. She responsible for making life-altering decision for everyone then singing life is a beautiful while others face the aftermath lol. That's all her character amounts to.

Abhinav's walking away would have more impact if he didn't cry every two minutes to gain her sympathy. As a result, Akshara abandoned her own son for his feelings. Like I said before, his goody act was not in the least bit believable. All his "doing the right thing" pep talks and nonsense were just pity ploys. It worked because everyone pitied him and he got what he wanted in the end. There was nothing genuine about his actions (to me). She was in a coma for days and he didn't think to call her family? What if she died? Would have taken a Abhir and lived his life? From his behavior I would say yes. Did he feel any remorse about Abhir being separated from his real father despite being an orphan? No. He didn't feel any pain for the struggle Abhir might go through in the future. His entire character was built on the malicious intent of taking advantage of a vulnerable pregnant woman. However, I don't doubt that he loved her no matter how creepy his actions were. I can't say the same for her. Art is subjective, but bad writing is bad writing. Her character is just a plot device.

I don't think we will agree so let's agree to disagree.

You are right. We will have to agree to disagree. I find your takes subjective and I do get why you think the way you do but objectively speaking I saw no manipulation or gaslighting or deliberate or unconscious malice from Abhinav's side and he was given far too many objective point of views for the audience to say otherwise. He was shown in the most humane of lights and had a pretty heroic arc/ending in terms of how the show portrayed him imo. But you did put some really interesting points forward. It was fun chatting with you.

Originally posted by: Deltablues

I watched this show for Harshad, and, oh lord, it was gobsmacking. Within two weeks, the leads were in love; a month down the road, they had confessed their love to each other with a very healthy-she-loved-him-so-he-had-the-right-to-fake-a-suicide-on-her thrown in; by month two or three, they were married. The leads of the show never had the build-up that the 7-8 months long cameo did.

Perhaps, it's just that Zama just went in with a regular writing sketch where you build-up characters and then give them an emotionally heightened conclusion, and that sort of feels disjointing in regards to Abhira because Akshara has already done her full-circle. And Abhira never had that build-up.

That is true though. It depends on the way you look at it too. From Akshara's pov she had a complete story and arc that ended tragically with Abhinav's death but it was a fuller, well-developed arc. At least romantically. But from Abhira's perspective it just feels disjointed. I suppose the other way to look at this arc would be to look at her arc as that of Abhir's mother and that naturally interlinks her story with Abhir's biological father. Maybe that's where the story is headed. Who knows.

Originally posted by: Krinya

I'm not into shipping at all..may be thats why I cud see things the way they are..not as a fan but as a regular viewer who's Interested in daily dose of entertainment . 😆

@bold I couldn't agree more ...that's exactly how it should've played out..abhimanyus redemption should have started just after wd..thoda abhim ko acha karte thoda abhin ko bura , it would be fun 😄

Anyhow..I believe what u said is abs true..it wasn't abhim who was driving the plot in these 8 months.. it was majorly akshara and manjari. Abhim was in reactive mode and frankly I couldn't connect to him at all except that his and ruhis bond was nicely shown , just as abhinav and abhir.

abhin was there as a retribution to abhimanyu.

Yep. I feel like they deliberately built up akshnav as an antithesis to Abhira to show well look how mature and deep and adult their lovestory is and this is how you handle pressure and relationships. At least that is how it felt to me. A lot of people are viewing it from a completely different lens so I will have to go and recheck if my perspective's wrong in this case. But this show isn't worth me going back and rewatching episodes so conundrum 😆
1169321 thumbnail

Abhinav was to Askhara what Dr. Rohan is to Abhimanyu, a support system when needed, characters who don't drive the story and no plot points are written keeping them in the mind so they are "good" because they don't do anything. Look at Muskaan, the moment she got to do something there's a grey shade in her, that's how characters other than female lead are treated.

If Abhimanyu was a woman, everyone would have said how Dr. Rohan is the green flag male lead because he doesn't do anything other than supporting Abhimanyu

If Abhinav had been the endgame with Akshara then he would have been another Abhimanyu for next leap, MLs effing up for separation happens in every ITV Show

Makers were never nice to that character, didn't even think about giving him a career after he lost his business, they never cared other than including insecurity track for him to show how Akshara is fighting alone

Edited by NoraSM - 1 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Team Critics

Originally posted by: FleetingWishes.

A man dragging a wife to the door and throwing her out of the house vs a man emotionally abusing, divorcing her on the spot, calling her a murderer, how are they any different any way? Like Idk who'd forgive the first one but I doubt I will. I like very few MLs on ITV anyway and anyone like this is not cutting the bill if the redemption isn't worth it. I mean just because other MLs are forgiven by their fans Abhimanyu shouldn't be called out in an objective manner? I feel like maybe ITV's changing in the way it portrays MLs too. It's full of second chances at love after being abused in first relationships and the world we live in today is becoming increasingly hypersensitive to such aggression. Maybe what passed ten years ago wouldn't today. And that's a good thing. The yardstick to measure an action cannot be relative as such. It has to be objective to some degree.

This👏 thx for putting it so clearly .

Prior to this , there were separations but the fl always crawled back to the same hell hole after preaching self respect . If this was the intention of writers , there would be no abhinav ...it would be like kaira goa track where akshara brings up abhir as a single mother.. but there was an abhinav , and akshara fell in love with him, this is the first for itv . Of course they're bk to the same old trope now with abhinavs death but for 8 months the track was a success bec of this very reason..

they broke a stereotype which was imp....that there may not be any second chances for the abuse of authority & for the psychological / emotional abuse of the wife / daughter in law...That way, abhimanyus suffering was really satisfying to me..

They couldn't execute it properly but the idea behind it was novel . Just bec there have been worse MLS in the history doesn't give abhim a free pass..there have been plenty of fls too who've had childbirth in the separation period and the father got to know the existence of the child in their growing years..

Kabhi18 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Love to see some sense around here (unlike some of the replies). Beautiful analysis. 💗

The edit makes me ROFL. Calling out bias does NOT equate to hate speech. 🤣

Edited out hate speech

Edited by Kabhi18 - 1 years ago
chaipaani thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Rainbow Reign Pride Participant 0 Thumbnail + 6

Team Phufasa

Originally posted by: FleetingWishes.

Yep. I feel like they deliberately built up akshnav as an antithesis to Abhira to show well look how mature and deep and adult their lovestory is and this is how you handle pressure and relationships. At least that is how it felt to me. A lot of people are viewing it from a completely different lens so I will have to go and recheck if my perspective's wrong in this case. But this show isn't worth me going back and rewatching episodes so conundrum 😆

Hahaha if they wanted to show us that this is how adult lovestory works and all. I must say they failed poorly.

What was the point exactly that One person goes into crying mode and be insecure of things he has been aware of since forever (a) He is not Rich as AbhiM and b) he is not the real/bio father but the kid love him) wasn't he aware of these two situations yet he went to crying mode that too for 25 episode straight(precisely - trust me I counted) & instead of focusing on how to get the situation better other person is like let me focus on this first I am sorry that's not adult lovestory works.

You what would be a adult relationship - 1) Akshara for 6 years also be aware of how Abhinav feels. Actually communicated with eachother on how maybe not now but I will try to give this a chance.

2) Abhinav knowing atleast a gist of her past- you know why coz that will solve all her problems in first place coz a smart man knowingly won't invite his wife's ex with whom she have a son(who you are claiming to be yours in front of the world) home.

To be honest every incident they tried to show them as mature couple. That's laughable. No point for me to write poora 8 months leap here.

Also, I agree they tried to show Abhinav in a heroic light and the narrators intention may not be of him to be look like a manipulator. But for many like me that's how he looks like. His selective righteousness is one of the reason. False narratives, hailing for doing the bare minimum. I can't hail him to be a just another dad to Abhir if he wants us to be like I don't care he is mine or not (can't be both things)--

Adding why I say so remember his monologue on Abhir's b'day when Abhimanyu said ap utne bhi ache nahi hai and he got angry- he was like seene se lgaya socha bhi nahi k yeh bacha mera nahi hai - I am sorry if your first reply to someone on calling you not so good is to remind them how you accepted a child that's not yours maybe you did thought and still think of that child to be not yours but a tool to gloat see how great of a man I am.

And sorry the death toh can never be heroic most stupid death i have seen in ITV. Infact call me dark if i would have read news about something like this in real then also my statement would be - Why drink when you can't handle.

Edited out hate speech

Edited by Sutapasima - 1 years ago
Ambajee thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 7

Team Birlas

I know much has been said and done already. But the idea that Abhinav and Akshara relationship is antithesis of Abhimanyu-Akshara relationship is completely wrong for the audience who have been watching this show from the start. If you want to look at it as two different stories, I would say, yes. Abhinav would qualify as the good arranged marriage hero guy who is supportive albeit doesn’t bother abt his wife’s life before marriage. Maybe given more than 6 years of time, after a child they decide to fall for each other. Whatever floats their boat, but hey, I wouldn’t call the above as a healthy relationship, but to each their own. Now this story involves Abhimanyu as well. And that is the problem. Pre leap was a whole another story. WD was a prologue to introduce Post leap. Prologues are so vague and dramatic and hence the curiosity to read more. They got that right atleast at the cost of butchering Abhimanyu. But post leap, Abhimanyu was still a relevant character. Connected to the FL and her child most intimately. You can move on from relationships, but the narrative of so called new ML starts with fostering a child and hiding his identity from his real father and the child himself doesn’t put him in limelight but rather in a spotlight for speculation. And his selective guilt isn’t helping either.

If another set of audience view isn’t getting enough attention, here goes—- He has every right to say meri patni, but he definitely doesn’t have the right to say mera beta.

Blackwater thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Abhinav was to Askhara what Dr. Rohan is to Abhimanyu, a support system when needed, characters who don't drive the story and no plot points are written keeping them in the mind so they are "good" because they don't do anything. Look at Muskaan, the moment she got to do something there's a grey shade in her, that's how characters other than female lead are treated.

If Abhimanyu was a woman, everyone would have said how Dr. Rohan is the green flag male lead because he doesn't do anything other than supporting Abhimanyu

If Abhinav had been the endgame with Akshara then he would have been another Abhimanyu for next leap, MLs effing up for separation happens in every ITV Show

Makers were never nice to that character, didn't even think about giving him a career after he lost his business, they never cared other than including insecurity track for him to show how Akshara is fighting alone

This is the perfect explanation..I too felt this but wasn’t able to articulate it..it was not right to compare both the couples bcz one was the main leads, they faced every hurdle beginning from no support from family to anger issues to stupidity of fl but the other couple was made just to prelong the union of the former …I mean there was no brother involved who died bcz of one of them, no brother accused for one of them to ghost the other and leave him, the families never turned against them, in short there was no conflict..on top of that it was Akshara’s ego to boast off her happy family in Abhi’s face to the extent she catered desperately to Abhinav’s insecurities so as to maintain that facade…had she been this sensitive to abhi probably things were not as these are now.