So...what was the point of bringing in Abhinav? - Page 11

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 years ago

Also, I think it's much easier to know someone than to understand them. Knowing someone can be resolved easily with proper communication and stuff and some heart to hearts. But understanding them does in some cases require that long period of time which Abhira didn't have.

Abhira knew each other really well. And Akshnav could have too if Ak opened up to Nav properly. Even when they were discussing childhood trauma in the past couple episodes, I was thinking why Ak never had that conversation with Nav. Cause Nav is bound to have some childhood trauma. But the fact is, Ak never wanted to discuss her past with Nav because he was a part of her "perfect family" delusion, where none of the past mistakes could encroach. Akshnav had good understanding, but they did not truly know each other beyond their collective delusional perfect world. They both hid aspects of themselves from each other.

NomadicWonders thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FleetingWishes.

Fair enough! You're right about her running away from the Goenkas. Although I would blame both Goenkas and Akshara over this. Whatever her initial reasons had been for running away, once she found out she was still carrying one of her children, she should have returned to her family to ensure the child remained safe. Not trusting her own family during that time of duress made no sense because she had a child to think of apart from herself. The Goenkas also let her go. Which is why I blame them equally. They knew how traumatized and alone she was and put barely any effort in bringing her back. Your daughter has been missing for 6-7 months and you're all fine with it going about your day?

As far as Abhimanyu is considered: nothing defends what he did. It's not a matter as simple as hum ek doorse ke lye nahi hain and I'm not discounting his mental health. It's a matter of understanding what he'd done and said. He'd literally divorced her and said everything Arohi thought of her probably had a ring of truth to it. How could've she been happy after losing her kids and Neil and what he said? After being divorced and accused like that? Did he really know absolutely nothing about her? He was day and night taking care of a mother who had lost her son and couldn't even draw parallels between the pain of that mother and the mother of his children.

As far as her faults are concerned, Akshara did her best to be a good supporting spouse to him during the entire time their marriage lasted. The Khera thing was entirely her mistake and she wanted to come back and explain and deserved his anger, his wrath. What she didn't deserve was the absolute callous manner he treated their relationship and fast-tracked it to a divorce or the way he did not even give her the courtesy of explaining herself. Bharosa nahi tha pyaar toh tha. That's also what happened the second time. Divorce ke papers nikaalo cupboard se, chal mera bhai. Jis rishte mein har chaar mahine mein divorce ki ghanti bajjaati hai -- neither time initiated by her -- us rishte mein kaunsi larki kabhi bhi secure feel karegi? Divorce is the last resort when you have utterly, completely, wholly exhausted every other way of making a relationship work. Yahaan toh mazaak banake rakha hua tha. So Akshara the partner owes Abhimanyu nothing. In fact, if they ever get together romantically, the onus of proving he's not going to divorce her in a quick flash falls on Abhimanyu. Having said that, Abhimanyu is a bigger person when it comes to forgiving the things done to him, of that I have no doubt. His fatherhood snatched and his emotions snubbed; he's been treated vilely by the Goenkas and Abhir's mother. And all that you said regarding that is pretty justified.

Sorry to jump into your conversation. And my apologies if you have already discussed what I am saying below as I have not read all your replies, just the above post and wanted to add my views on it.

I think Akshara as Abhimanyu’s partner never understood him or supported him.

Before leap 1, she always prioritised her family over Abhimanyu be it in thoughts or actions - starting from the conversation after BP was hospitalised where she says their love isn’t worth because it caused hurt to her family to taking Kairav with her to Mauritius. If you have seen leap1, she was hesitant to return to Udaipur with Khera when finales venue was moved there because she still didn’t have the proof to exonerate Kairav. So it’s not like she was eagerly waiting to return to Abhimanyu and was held back by Khera. She was more concerned about Kairav rather than about returning to Abhimanyu. Writers then conveniently changed the narrative at the end of the leap.

Even at the end of the leap1 Akshara never bothered to find out how Abhimanyu lived through that one year, rather just asserted her suffering on him by saying she was denied ice-creams and how she was alone, but Abhimanyu had his family, hospital etc (was he though? He was a nomad not willing to return home or talk to his family because it reminded him of Akshara - but she didn’t care). And before leap1 during Anisha track when Abhi said I trust you and want to talk to Kairav, she lies to Abhi and goes alone to talk to Kairav. So what trust is Akshara talking about. Trust isn’t and shouldn’t be a blind entity. She breaks Abhimanyu’s trust numerous times, but still comes and accuses him that pyaar hai trust nahin. I found that utter stupidity of leap1, which is why it absolutely didn’t work for me.

If we even leave the badly written leap1, even after their marriage, during Manjiri divorce track, she knew Abhi and his father’s equation but she casually comments you are just like you father and then so wrapped up in her hurt she goes to her Mayka rather than stay with him and sort out the issue. A trait she continued - on slightest differences, run to her mayka and forget about sorting out the issues.

How was she a good partner to Abhimanyu - I can never understand!

And just to add to this point, pretty much everything Abhi has said that was hurtful to her, she has said first. All the big things were done by her first and then Abhi more often than not used the same words she did and she got more upset than him!

Talking about their relationship callously was done by her first, and Abhi much much later after he was tired of being the only one fighting for it. Talking about childhood trauma was done so far earlier by Ak over a small argument. Talking about not fitting into that family was also done by Ak first, when she was overwhelmed by it. Abandoning was done by her first. Everything was done by her first, but Abhi forgave her even when she often didn't ask for forgiveness. When Abhi was in a similar low point though, she did not forgive him or overlook his faults in the same way.

FleetingWishes. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: lagjagale

Also, I think it's much easier to know someone than to understand them. Knowing someone can be resolved easily with proper communication and stuff and some heart to hearts. But understanding them does in some cases require that long period of time which Abhira didn't have.

Abhira knew each other really well. And Akshnav could have too if Ak opened up to Nav properly. Even when they were discussing childhood trauma in the past couple episodes, I was thinking why Ak never had that conversation with Nav. Cause Nav is bound to have some childhood trauma. But the fact is, Ak never wanted to discuss her past with Nav because he was a part of her "perfect family" delusion, where none of the past mistakes could encroach. Akshnav had good understanding, but they did not truly know each other beyond their collective delusional perfect world. They both hid aspects of themselves from each other.

Honestly I don't even know what your argument is anymore? This conversation is going around in circles at this point. They knew each other but they didn't understand each other but knowing each other is better than understanding each other although knowing is surface level and understanding requires time? You're going round in circles at this point and self contradicting. I said they're levels and you have to know to understand and I stick to that because that's pretty consistent with human nature as documented scientifically. So if your understanding of knowledge/understanding contradicts what I've already established as the sequence you're trying to contradict something I see as an objective truth and then there is neither a premise here nor an argument. Let's not keep going around circles. And I've said as much as I'd to say about this and established it with as many facts as I could've given so done and dusted.

Originally posted by: NomadicWonders

Sorry to jump into your conversation. And my apologies if you have already discussed what I am saying below as I have not read all your replies, just the above post and wanted to add my views on it.

I think Akshara as Abhimanyu’s partner never understood him or supported him.

Before leap 1, she always prioritised her family over Abhimanyu be it in thoughts or actions - starting from the conversation after BP was hospitalised where she says their love isn’t worth because it caused hurt to her family to taking Kairav with her to Mauritius. If you have seen leap1, she was hesitant to return to Udaipur with Khera when finales venue was moved there because she still didn’t have the proof to exonerate Kairav. So it’s not like she was eagerly waiting to return to Abhimanyu and was held back by Khera. She was more concerned about Kairav rather than about returning to Abhimanyu. Writers then conveniently changed the narrative at the end of the leap.

Even at the end of the leap1 Akshara never bothered to find out how Abhimanyu lived through that one year, rather just asserted her suffering on him by saying she was denied ice-creams and how she was alone, but Abhimanyu had his family, hospital etc (was he though? He was a nomad not willing to return home or talk to his family because it reminded him of Akshara - but she didn’t care). And before leap1 during Anisha track when Abhi said I trust you and want to talk to Kairav, she lies to Abhi and goes alone to talk to Kairav. So what trust is Akshara talking about. Trust isn’t and shouldn’t be a blind entity. She breaks Abhimanyu’s trust numerous times, but still comes and accuses him that pyaar hai trust nahin. I found that utter stupidity of leap1, which is why it absolutely didn’t work for me.

If we even leave the badly written leap1, even after their marriage, during Manjiri divorce track, she knew Abhi and his father’s equation but she casually comments you are just like you father and then so wrapped up in her hurt she goes to her Mayka rather than stay with him and sort out the issue. A trait she continued - on slightest differences, run to her mayka and forget about sorting out the issues.

How was she a good partner to Abhimanyu - I can never understand!

You know I've already agreed with this much and established it that Akshara deserved Abhimanyu's anger and his wrath. What my argument is and what I have said consistently is that you have to separate mistakes/problems in a relationship/faults you can overcome to an attitude that is detrimental to a marriage. Abhimanyu is the one who made a joke of the institution by making it subject to his emotions. Divorce is the last resort. But for that you have to see a relationship as one that is truly binding -- a relationship like your family is to you. I can honestly list all the ways Abhimanyu was a difficult and unhealthy spouse but I don't want to because again that is not the point. The point is two people grow in a marriage and overcome their problems when that marriage or relationship exists. Abhimanyu's choicest line of defense/attack is divorce. Something big happens -- DIVORCE. Twice he did that. TWICE. Akshara may have been the most terrible spouse in your dictionary but no woman deserves the attitude Abhimanyu brought to the idea of shaadi and divorce. Jab dil kiya poora ka poora rishta ukhaad ke phekdiya. Uske baad saalon baad jab dil kya usi larki ke peeche chale gaye I love you come back to me. Why would she go back to him? He 'ended' their relationship both times and then went after her BOTH times. Jab rishta khatam karna hota hai uske paas dunya mein har daleel hoti hai aur phir jorna hota hai woh saari problems gayab and she's the greatest woman on the planet?

Akshara has her own problems that she'll have to face and work on and apologize for. Par is rishte mein waapis yakeen daalne ka onus is not on her. She should apologize to Abhimanyu and do everything possible to introspect and mend things between him and Abhir but Akshara the partner owes him nothing kyunke usne kuch chorra nahi for her to owe him.

As for your original argument -- We will have to disagree because while she had her faults -- so did he, many, many -- she had a positive outlook toward their relationship and shaadi. She never once saw their shaadi as one that would end someday. Their relationship was ultimately binding to her and she wanted to work on it wholeheartedly. Abhimanyu was the one who treated it like a light switch on a circuit board. They're not together because his concept of shaadi and talaaq was fickle and unstable. To prove otherwise is his burden now not hers.

Edited by FleetingWishes. - 1 years ago

Anyway, I think ab jitni arguments deni thi I've given. The discussion has also reached the conclusion it had began for so let's not go into circles anymore. I didn't want to not reply to anyone but it's hard to keep up and everything that needed to be said has been said so I'm going to end the discussion here.

nutmeg7 thumbnail

According to producers, a character was brought to give a boost to the TRPs. The character served the purpose and the show catapulted to Top 5 again.

So that was the purpose of bringing Abhinav in my opinion.

NomadicWonders thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

You know I've already agreed with this much and established it that Akshara deserved Abhimanyu's anger and his wrath. What my argument is and what I have said consistently is that you have to separate mistakes/problems in a relationship/faults you can overcome to an attitude that is detrimental to a marriage. Abhimanyu is the one who made a joke of the institution by making it subject to his emotions. Divorce is the last resort. But for that you have to see a relationship as one that is truly binding -- a relationship like your family is to you. I can honestly list all the ways Abhimanyu was a difficult and unhealthy spouse but I don't want to because again that is not the point. The point is two people grow in a marriage and overcome their problems when that marriage or relationship exists. Abhimanyu's choicest line of defense/attack is divorce. Something big happens -- DIVORCE. Twice he did that. TWICE. Akshara may have been the most terrible spouse in your dictionary but no woman deserves the attitude Abhimanyu brought to the idea of shaadi and divorce. Jab dil kiya poora ka poora rishta ukhaad ke phekdiya. Uske baad saalon baad jab dil kya usi larki ke peeche chale gaye I love you come back to me. Why would she go back to him? He 'ended' their relationship both times and then went after her BOTH times. Jab rishta khatam karna hota hai uske paas dunya mein har daleel hoti hai aur phir jorna hota hai woh saari problems gayab and she's the greatest woman on the planet?

Akshara has her own problems that she'll have to face and work on and apologize for. Par is rishte mein waapis yakeen daalne ka onus is not on her. She should apologize to Abhimanyu and do everything possible to introspect and mend things between him and Abhir but Akshara the partner owes him nothing kyunke usne kuch chorra nahi for her to owe him.

As for your original argument -- We will have to disagree because while she had her faults -- so did he, many, many -- she had a positive outlook toward their relationship and shaadi. She never once saw their shaadi as one that would end someday. Their relationship was ultimately binding to her and she wanted to work on it wholeheartedly. Abhimanyu was the one who treated it like a light switch on a circuit board. They're not together because his concept of shaadi and talaaq was fickle and unstable. To prove otherwise is his burden now not hers.

I think we both agree that in Akshara-Abhimanyu’s relationship, mistakes were made by both. However in the story writers have shown, Akshara has never owned up her mistakes or even reflected on them.

Leap1 - eventually Abhimanyu was the culprit and apologised to bring her back. Leap2 - Abhimanyu’s behaviour was out of line on WD but even Akshara’s actions have been wrong on many levels. A lot has already been discussed and said on this, so I’ll not get into details. Just as two wrongs don’t make it right, why does all the onus fall on Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu has apologised in words and actions. Akshara has to do her part in making and maintaining the relationship too. Marriage and relationship is a two way street, it cannot be that both make mistakes but only one keeps apologising to maintain the relationship. That is why leap1 failed. And the way leap2 has been executed so far, without Akshara realising her part in coming days, it is headed for the same fate as leap1.

I never contributed to your initial topic about the relevance of Abhinav in the leap as what I wanted to say was already said by many. He was brought in as hindrance, as an entity to keep Abhira separate. There wasn’t and shouldn’t have been anymore significance of his character, however they eventually used his character with Akshara to completely destruct Abhira’s initial story and essence.

It takes a lifetime to construct something but just an afternoon to destruct it. They have done the destruction now, let’s see how they will re-construct Abhira again as that has always been their objective. And that is why I say given that they have established both were at fault, it should be both Akshara and Abhimanyu’s effort to reconstruct the relationship now. They can’t just show Abhimanyu’s character repenting and not show anything from Akshara’s side, it would look half baked.

We can agree to disagree as I understand your views might be different and also read your other post about not wanting to continue discussion further, so I’ll give it a rest here.

Edited by NomadicWonders - 1 years ago

Originally posted by: NomadicWonders

I think we both agree that in Akshara-Abhimanyu’s relationship, mistakes were made by both. However in the story writers have shown, Akshara has never owned up her mistakes or even reflected on them.

Leap1 - eventually Abhimanyu was the culprit and apologised to bring her back. Leap2 - Abhimanyu’s behaviour was out of line on WD but even Akshara’s actions have been wrong on many levels. A lot has already been discussed and said on this, so I’ll not get into details. Just as two wrongs don’t make it right, why does all the onus fall on Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu has apologised in words and actions. Akshara has to do her part in making and maintaining the relationship too. Marriage and relationship is a two way street, it cannot be that both make mistakes but only one keeps apologising to maintain the relationship. That is why leap1 failed. And the way leap2 has been executed so far, without Akshara realising her part in coming days, it is headed for the same fate as leap1.

I never contributed to your initial topic about the relevance of Abhinav in the leap as what I wanted to say was already said by many. He was brought in as hindrance, as an entity to keep Abhira separate. There wasn’t and shouldn’t have been anymore significance of his character, however they eventually used his character with Akshara to completely destruct Abhira’s initial story and essence.

It takes a lifetime to construct something but just an afternoon to destruct it. They have done the destruction now, let’s see how they will re-construct Abhira again as that has always been their objective. And that is why I say given that they have established both were at fault, it should be both Akshara and Abhimanyu’s effort to reconstruct the relationship now. They can’t just show Abhimanyu’s character repenting and not show anything from Akshara’s side, it would look half baked.

We can agree to disagree as I understand your views might be different and also read your other post about not wanting to continue discussion further, so I’ll give it a rest here.

I don't want to make any assumptions here. When you say Akshara has to apologize too I'm assuming you mean for what she did AFTER the WD? Or do you mean as his wife as well? We're specifically talking about the time period between leap 1 and leap 2 here. And how do you see them reconstructing? Say Abhimanyu and Akshara now have to come together. What is a fair reconstruction in your opinion?

The thing about arguing is that it's really taxing so I don't like it but I would rather leave with a more balanced opinion than stick to a wrong one so conundrums😔

Anu234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I don't want to make any assumptions here. When you say Akshara has to apologize too I'm assuming you mean for what she did AFTER the WD? Or do you mean as his wife as well? We're specifically talking about the time period between leap 1 and leap 2 here. And how do you see them reconstructing? Say Abhimanyu and Akshara now have to come together. What is a fair reconstruction in your opinion?

The thing about arguing is that it's really taxing so I don't like it but I would rather leave with a more balanced opinion than stick to a wrong one so conundrums😔

According to me akshara mainly should apologise to abhir for not telling him the truth and to abhimanyu for not for making him part of abhir life bas yeh chize k liye mafi mangni chahiye usse.