Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Daebak

Can anyone tell me if there are any savoury Korean instant noodles available? I dont like the sweet ones. We have a tiny selection of brands on Amazon. Nongshim? Samyang?

I have tried the spicy Buldak ones, they are sweet. But I am assuming all of them will be a mix of sweet n spicy since that's how they are meant to be? So no ramyeon for me.

the nongshim ones arent sweet..more like sour n spicy..I like it so u can try

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: EXOL

the nongshim ones arent sweet..more like sour n spicy..I like it so u can try

Thaanks! Will try.

Leprechaun thumbnail

Can anyone tell me if there are any savoury Korean instant noodles available? I dont like the sweet ones. We have a tiny selection of brands on Amazon. Nongshim? Samyang?

I have tried the spicy Buldak ones, they are sweet. But I am assuming all of them will be a mix of sweet n spicy since that's how they are meant to be? So no ramyeon for me.

I have a habit of adding chili powder to everything 🙈 I tried Nongshim, Samyang and Paldo so far. Maybe you can try Buldak fire ramyeon... something like 3X spicy🤔

I casually add half a teaspoon of chili powder to Nongshim kimchi ramyeon and classic ramyeon😆

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Leprechaun

I have a habit of adding chili powder to everything 🙈 I tried Nongshim, Samyang and Paldo so far. Maybe you can try Buldak fire ramyeon... something like 3X spicy🤔

I casually add half a teaspoon of chili powder to Nongshim kimchi ramyeon and classic ramyeon😆

I just need them to not be sweet. Buldak is sweet.

I dont like to mix sweet and salty. I hate the flavour combination.

Exol said Nongshim isnt sweet, will try it.

Chir-Cute thumbnail

Is kimchi sweet? Even a tiny bit sweet?

Yes. Sugar is one of the ingredients. but also, if we talk about the cabbage itself, it has sugar content so a tad bit of sweetness is always there in Kimchi.

Chir-Cute thumbnail

Honestly, I don't know how to answer this. Ramen is one of the major food here, be it taken as a time-pass meal like Maggi or as an actual meal of the day. Hence there are so many types of it. The reason I say this is a difficult question is that tastebuds differ from one person to another, hence what I may suggest to be not sweet might feel sweet to you. However, I personally prefer the spicy buldalk, shin (the brands you mentioned) and jin ramen.

Amazon.com : Samyang Buldak Chicken Stir Fried Ramen Korean Ramen (5 Flavor Combo, 5 Pack) : Grocery & Gourmet FoodKorean instant noodles Shin Ramyun - Spicy beef broth flavour - NongshimOttogi - Jin Ramen Spicy - Noodles (120 gr) – K-Ramen - Love For Noodles

1001104 thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rxw7IhyGy8

There is also daebak fire noodles that you can try which is really spicy 🥵

Chir-Cute thumbnail

Originally posted by: BubbleTea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rxw7IhyGy8

There is also daebak fire noodles that you can try which is really spicy 🥵

do have a glass of milk on the side as a backup. the spice game is real here 😆

EXOL thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chir-Cute

do have a glass of milk on the side as a backup. the spice game is real here 😆

ooo that makes it more tempting to try...will check it out here in k stores if they are available.

EXOL thumbnail

oh so the ghost pepper noodles is from Malaysia