MRITYUNJAI-Some Love Stories Never Die MGff cmpltd

Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Introduction 

"mohabbat jise baksh de jindagani                                                                         nahee maut par khatm usaki kahani" 

In Sanskrit Mrityunjay means one who has won over the death. A person who is blessed with the true love is immortal indeed. Love has the power which can conquer death. "Death can come and death can go"... but love is forever and loving souls are beyond death.

This Maaneet FF is a period piece based on 16th century India, dealing with a tradition of medieval age called 'Devdasi Pratha'. Back ground of this story is an Imaginary place and temple situated beside Bramhani river, Orisa, India. Though the MAANEET story is a complete fiction but this FF will include some Historical characters, place, rituals and events. So here is a short introduction of some important persona and place, You can through them...its for your understanding. 

Devdasi Pratha: In Hinduism, the devadasi tradition ("servant of god") is a religious tradition in which girls are dicated to a deity (deva or devi) or to a temple and includes performance aspects such as those that take place in the temple. Originally, in addition to this and taking care of the temple and performing rituals, these women learned and practiced classical dance like Odissi, Bharat Natyam, Kathhak and other classical Indian artistic traditions and enjoyed a high social status. But in medieval age this tradition became ugly as corruption crept in the temples and Devdasi Tradition gives birth a different kind of prostitution, as Devdasis were used to entertain the sexual hunger of priests or king or some powerful men of society.   

Unlike other parts of India the devadasis of the Jagannath temple complex in the eastern state of Orissa have never practiced prostitution, and have been expected to remain celibrate from the time they became devadasis.

Chaitanya Mahaprabhu  (1486-1534) was a Vaishnava (devotee of Sri Krishna) saint and social reformer in eastern India(specifically present-day Bangladesh and states of West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Manipur, Assam, and Orissa of India) in the 16th century, believed by followers of Gaudiya(Gaur was the capital of Bengal then) Vaishnavism to be the full incarnation of Lord Krishna. 

Specifically he worshipped the forms of Radha and Krishna and popularized the chanting of the Hare Krishna maha mantra.

He was the greatest scholar of his time having a great knowledge on Veda n Vedanta.  

His line of followers, known as Gaudiya Vaishnavas, revere him as an Avatar of Krishna in the mood of Radharani who was prophesised to appear in the later verses of the Bhagavata Purana.

Ala-ud-din Husain Shah (reign 1493-1519) was an independent late medieval Sultan of Bengal, who founded the Hussain Shahi dynasty. Popularly known as Husain Shah and is called 'Akbar of Bengal'.

The reign of Husain Shah is also known for religious tolerance towards his Hindu subjects of Bengal. Husain Shah, when came to know about Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's huge following amongst his subjects, he ordered his men not to injure him in any way and allow him to go wherever he liked.

Gaur: Capital of Bengal then(now Maldah district of West Bengal).

Bhubaneswar: Capital of Orissa.

Puri Temple: Jagannath Temple is one of the most renowned as well as the biggest temples of Orissa. Established in the 12th century, the temple is dedicated to Lord Jagannath (Lord Krishna), Lord of the Universe.

Konarak Temple: This world famous Sun temple of Konark also spelled as 'Konarak'  is  situated on a lonely sea shore of the Bay of Bengal in Orisa. This marvelous temple deserves the title "a poem in stone." Gorgeously conceived as a colossal chariot drawn on twelve pairs of exquisite wheels by a team of seven richly-caparisoned horses in spirited gallops and symbolizing the Sun-god himself as if emerging from the depth of the blue expanse. 
The temple was built in the middle of the 13th century.

Odissi Dance: is one of the eight classical dance forms of India. It originates from the state of Odisha(Orisa), in eastern India. It is the oldest surviving dance form of India on the basis of archaeological evidences. 

Kathak Dance: is one of the eight forms of Indian classical dances, originated from Uttar Pradesh,India.  Its form today contains traces of temple and ritual dances, and the influence of the bhakti movement(the movement of Hindu reformers for betterment of their religion and society.).

As it's difficult to find out some facts specially the exact timing of the events of that time there can be some anachronism... pls do excuse it.

And in this FF as it is based on ancient time I m doing a slight change in their name like... MAANENDRA(MAAN), GEETASRI(GEET) and DEVDUTT(DEV)... hope you are ok with it.

Ps: pls let me know if you like it the Banner pic of this FF.. as I had to put a lot of effort to edit it😊

[copy-right of this story is reserved by me (Sayanee Gupta) only... if it is copied in some-where else I'l take legal action against him or her]

Edited by sayaneegupta - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sea-Hawk thumbnail

Prologue

Time: 1511AD

Place: A plateau area near Bramhani river, Orissa

Devdutt was sitting on a stone and looking at the Radha-Madhab (Radha-Krishna) temple mindlessly. His eyes were blank like the sight in front of him was invisible to him. Till now there is the  burning smell like the smell of smoke in the air. Fragrant of thousands of flowers was getting mixed up with it and making the atmosphere around him heavier. All the people of near by town and villages have gathered in the RadhaMadhav temple in this morning. A huge crowd is moving from the Madanmohan(Krishna) temple to new Radha Madhav temple. Today is Ras Purnima(a special occasion celebrating Radha Krishna). Today is the most awaited day of the inauguration of the temple. Maharaj Madhav Chandra Devji will be coming with the idol of RadhaMadhab. It will be established in the temple in the holy day of today. Maharaja's Mahaguru Mahaprabhu own self is coming to do the 1st Arati. People believes he is the rebirth of Sri Krishna himself. Devdutt himself worship him like God, respect him follows him from the core of his heart. He was so excited that as the foremost Priest of the temple he will get the opportunity of doing aarti of the deity along with his God. But now when the day has arrived he has not left with any happiness. He looked at the temple .. still broken pieces of sculptures can be seen scattering here and there. Burning stains has eaten away the beauty of newly made RadhaMadhav temple. But still everybody was happy when Maharaj announced that the inauguration of deity idol will take place in the very day they have fixed. Mahaprabhu will do Aarti in the already burned temple.

Devdutt was looking at everything indifferently. Nothing was appealing to his eyes, no sound was going inside his ears... only one voice was humming in his mind. A low but firm strong fearless uttering. Those last words of Maanendra to him, " you can destroy everything Devdutt, you can even kill me, you can kill her ... But our love has taken us in such a place in such a height, that no human being can touch us. My art, my sculpture has immortalized us... You have to bend yourself in front of us... even if you don't  want. And the day will come very soon."

Devdutt got startled. He has destroyed everything, every single sculpture made by Maanendra, all the statues made by him, all the idols that was a prove that she was with him, she loved him. He has smashed them, left them look ugly, as ugly as possible, burn them so that no body can recognize them, not even he himself. Then why his mind is going so restless. What he is missing. Why the hell he can not forget those words for a moment. Its like Maanendra's smile and brilliant deep eyes are remembering him they are immortal and devdutt is a great failure and they are the ultimate winner.   

For this FF I really have to do a hard work as I have to research a lot on history, historical places and Indian great temples and sculptures. So I will proceed with it only after your comments. If you want it then let me know with your comments, otherwise I will not proceed with it.

Sea-Hawk thumbnail
                                              ~INDEX~
Intro (scrawl upward)  
prologue (scrawl upward)  
Part 1: Geetasri
Part 2: The sculptor
Part 4: More Than a Doll
Part 5: Uglies
Part 7: Amropali
Part 8: Ek Boond Ishqiyan
Part 12: Tuhu Mamo Sham ( Thy are my Shri Krishna)
Part 13: Saptapadi (Saat Phere)
Part 15: Adhure Kahaniya (incomplete sagas)
Part 17: The Owl 
Part 20: Forever
Last Part/Epilogue: Some Love Stories Never Die

MAANEET FF: Samne Wali Khidki
MAANEET SS: KURBAAN HUA

savie_ thumbnail
hey ..
luved the concept ...but plz..
post part 1 fast ...
-Veritaserum- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Loved the concept
Awesome prologue
Pls continue soon
Thanx for the PM
preethia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
wow i loved the prologue...
i love historical things and this seems to b very interesting to me...
pl cont and keep in ur pm list
maaneetsangel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
congrats !!!!!!! 4 d new one ...

thnx 4  d pm ...

interesting concept ...

continue soon ...
Tamanna_TJ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
hey Saynee,
awesome beginning...
u hv put a hell lot of efforts in writing this FF...
i wud definitely love to read it...
r u already a writer???it amazes me to see ur writing skills...
i hv no words for ur beginning itself...
i think next tym i shud sit wid a dictionary to find new adjectives for ur writing...
gr8 work dear...keep writing...
waiting for next part...😍.
❤️
loving_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
HEY...DEAR...
     CONCEPT IS GOOD...CONTINUE SOON...
maneet_forever thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome i loved it plzzz cont