Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 days ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

Although I'm more one to wait for having watched the movie, I've to say that it is o n l y Deepika's character that would make me watch this Shetty movie (not because of fandom, but because of her acting skills). She convinced me in Pathaan and Jawan (Kalki I didn't watch) and what I saw from her and her sarcastic demeanour, I like her character.... Honestly, I just would like a movie with Lady Singham smiley1

The reactions to this movie will gauge if her character is popular enough for her own spinoff. Based on all the hype and viral reactions to Lady Singham from the trailer alone, I'd say that's a safe bet.

This is nothing new for Deepika. Her characters and performances remain iconic to this day, starting with her debut role as Shantipriya. See how the iconic chandelier scene still goes viral. As said in the video, every Indian feels this way upon looking at a chandelier thanks to OSO.

https://www.instagram.com/p/DAx9s38vleW/

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Oh, that's not only valuable for Indians... smiley36 (even the kids in my family now look at chandeliers in the 'OSO-way')

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

As for Deepika: I haven't watched all her movies but the movies I've watched, satisfied my interest into character-portrays in movies...she did really well as I could connect to the women she played. Lady Singham is - imo - a blend of action-focussed and ironising (which I also always love in SRK's characters, especially in the romantic ones).

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

As for Deepika: I haven't watched all her movies but the movies I've watched, satisfied my interest into character-portrays in movies...she did really well as I could connect to the women she played. Lady Singham is - imo - a blend of action-focussed and ironising (which I also always love in SRK's characters, especially in the romantic ones).

Same, I haven't seen all of her movies but I've seen most of them. The ones I haven't seen are usually some of her post-Love Aaj Kal but pre-Cocktail films, during her low period. The movies she did with Akshay in particular.

Cocktail is the film that really made me see her as a serious actress. Watching it at first, I thought it would just be like Love Aaj Kal, right down to the fact that the other heroine was even named Meera. But of course, Deepika's Veronica take on a life of her own. And I think Ram-Leela was the film that really cemented her as a favorite for me. I was still a bigger Priyanka fan during this era but PC quickly dropped from my favor after her movie to the west and I began to see what type of person she truly was like.

Chhapaak is the type of film that would have done really well in Hollywood. Only in India would a film like this be rejected for the same reason that a film like this has to be made in the first place because it's such an endemic issue there. It speaks too close to issues at home and many are not ready to accept that yet.

I'm excited for Lady Singham. I think she will steal the film based on how people are only talking about her. Some of that might be the novelty factor since she's the new character and the only female one, but her part looks promising.

Oh, that's not only valuable for Indians... smiley36 (even the kids in my family now look at chandeliers in the 'OSO-way')

They have good taste then, meaning they must have taken after you. I know you said SRK is the actor they resonate with most.

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: you2

You wasting your energy. If there is one film,Deepika fans won't mind becoming a flop it is this one. Public will love her ofcourse. Deepika is a veteran and she knows what to do to keep the public happy.

But cop Universe NAAAH.

Blah blah blah…my head is spinning right now smiley29 What are you even trying to say?

But whatever floats your boat…

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

There was another one on HT..that Shetty has decided against making his next with Deepu,because she was so cringe. I can hear the whistles.

Let the YT channels and Media outlets and twitter celebs earn their living. YT channels got thousands and thousands of views.

Surly_Devil thumbnail

Originally posted by: you2

There was another one on HT..that Shetty has decided against making his next with Deepu,because she was so cringe. I can hear the whistles.

Let the YT channels and Media outlets and twitter celebs earn their living. YT channels got thousands and thousands of views.

You must be fun at parties

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Posted: a day ago