Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 20 days ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

After Bunty Aur Babli 2 flopped, I don't think Saif will be replacing AB Jr in anything again. Plus he isn't a big enough star to lead two franchises between Race and Dhoom.

Is AB Jr enough star? or was he when he did Dhoom 3?

And Bunty aur Bubli was crap it could have tank with any one in it, + the time it released nearly all films flopped it was just after Pandemic.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 days ago

Originally posted by: forza

Is AB Jr enough star? or was he when he did Dhoom 3?

And Bunty aur Bubli was crap it could have tank with any one in it, + the time it released nearly all films flopped it was just after Pandemic.

Ab Jr got the first Dhoom because no one knew it would be such a huge film. And Esha Deol was also in that because these actors had just started their careers.

Dhoom 2 was when Abhishek's stardom was at his peak. He had several high-profile films like Bunty Aur Babli, KANK, and Guru around this time so this is the only era when he could have been considered a star. Even then, Dhoom 2's gigantic success was more from the introduction of Hrithik, Aishwarya, and Bipasha. Bipasha doesn't get much credit these days but she was very popular in the 2000s, especially as a second heroine, so she also deserves to be mentioned.

By Dhoom 3, Abhishek had little stardom left. He was added back only because he was the face of the franchise for continuity sake but Dhoom 3 was headlined on Aamir. Abhishek feels sidelined in Dhoom 3, whereas in Dhoom 2 he was still the clear protagonist or co-protagonist and his screentime was more or less equal to Hrithik's. This is why the Bachchans had a feud with the Chopras because they were angry at how Abhishek was so badly sidelined in Dhoom 3 and also why he didn't return for Bunty aur Babli 2.

I agree, Bunty aur Babli 2 was awful. I had high hopes for it because the original is one of my favs but this sequel didn't take itself seriously and felt like a parody/spoof. Also as big a hit as the first one was, I don't think it became adopted by the public as a classic so there was no demand for more of it. The film's legacy is really just Aishwarya's Kajra Re.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

A few years ago there was talks that the entire franchise would be rebooted and changed. I don’t think anyone wants to see Abhishek or Uday anymore, perhaps they can make a special appearance for nostalgia sake.

I say they get Ranbir, Shraddha and Tiger (for the action) on board and it will guarantee huge numbers. They can replace Uday with Varun who anyway talks like a tapori

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

A few years ago there was talks that the entire franchise would be rebooted and changed. I don’t think anyone wants to see Abhishek or Uday anymore, perhaps they can make a special appearance for nostalgia sake.

I say they get Ranbir, Shraddha and Tiger (for the action) on board and it will guarantee huge numbers. They can replace Uday with Varun who anyway talks like a tapori

At that point though, the franchise isn't Dhoom anymore. They might as well make a new franchise with a new name. What you're proposing is a soft reboot like what Salman did with Race 3. And even though he's a way bigger star than Saif, Race 3 was still considered a failure and now we're seeing a back to basics with Saif coming back in the role. People want the real Race and it'll be the same with Dhoom.

It's like the people saying Stree 3 should feature Alia or someone else. If that ever does happen, the franchise will collapse because it's not Stree anymore.

ImaginativeGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Do we need a Dhoom 4? I personally do not need this franchise to continue anymore.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I really dont want SRK doing this if he is in the reckoning. Love him in negative / grey roles, but Dhoom series got progressively worse as far as content is concerned. Toh Dhoom 4 ka script toh ridiculous honay wala hai

and he has already done 2 monster action movies last year. In King, he is playing a negative role apparently. Looking for something different as a fan, even if it underperforms like Dunki

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

The film is not getting made anytime soon. Still the speculations are continuing. YRF is in luck.

One PR decided to give their a hero a lift..or was it a distractionsmiley24.It then took a life of its own, with other fandoms joining in. YRF was forced to pay Taran to tweet!

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

All three options are horrendous. I need a conventionally hot guy as Dhoom 4 villain

forza thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Tiger? seriously? Its clear you are not a well wisher for YRF

forza thumbnail

Originally posted by: ImaginativeGirl

Do we need a Dhoom 4? I personally do not need this franchise to continue anymore.

I never like any of them.