Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 29 days ago

How? Isn't the movie about a young girl?

If Ash was supposed to be in it originally, was the movie initially about kidnapping a mom or somethingsmiley36 Isn't that her in that Fatima Khan movie anyway?

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 29 days ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

He didn't approach Aish (she was just in his mind because of a more matching age respective to Randeep Hoda).

Oh, I really liked what he said about Alia who was - at that time - not yet the Alia wanting to force destiny (instead of waiting for the 'right chair')...and he did the right choice - for the story, the movie and Alia-Randeep pairing.

I really like Alia...in movies like Dear Zindagi and Darlings (and some others) where she isn't 'wannabe' smiley1

Edited by Clochette - 29 days ago
SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

She was the first choice for Mother India but Nargis appeared on earth before her and took it away.

Also God wanted her to be Eve but she rejected the offer because she wasn't comfortable with the nudity.

Edited by SavitaBarbie - 29 days ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I like sarcasm but I think it is wrongly placed here as it came from Imtiaz and wasn't mentioned by Aish (contrary to what she herself brought up about Kamoshi).

In the contrary, it isn't flattering at all (if one ponders about what he said).

He met Alia shortly after her debut film came out, btw. and maybe, Imtiaz saw some potential in her (added by the conversation he had with her).

Edited by Clochette - 29 days ago
SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

I like sarcasm but I think it is wrongly placed here as it came from Imtiaz and wasn't mentioned by Aish (contrary to what she herself brought up about Kamoshi).

In the contrary, it isn't flattering at all (if one ponders about what he said).

He met Alia shortly after her debut film came out, btw. and maybe, Imtiaz saw some potential in her (added by the conversation he had with her).

It's BS. As ridiculous as the Khamoshi bit from her. Highway was the film adaptation of one of his works for tv. The character was a young girl who was about to be a bride ( arranged marriage so age is relevant here ) . There's no way Ash could have played that role at 40. That too without make up . And it's not unflattering according to what he says. He had Ash in mind for that role which definitely required the emotional depth in question .He thought she had it. He also thought she could pass as a 20 something bride. Then Alia came along and dished all the depth he could have asked for so he didn't bother approaching Ash. It was more of a compliment @ Alia, not a diss for Ash. So...why would he think of casting a 40 yr old actress in the first place ? Well he didn't. But is claiming he did, for whatever reason.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 27 days ago

Lol.. He said he did not approach anyone else. But off the cuff, he said Aishwarya Rai without makeup would have been a good choice. (Even I didn't understand that without makeup part.)They start off the conversation about Highway by stating the role was written for a 30-plus-year-old woman who would have some traumatic life experiences. Aish was around 30 plus at the time. If you watch the tv version of it. It has a much older-looking woman. Aloo looked like a kiddo. Well that she still does. It might be a good thing later on.

The real question is did Aish have the acting chops to pull off the role? I don't think Aloo was as great as she was made out to be. But the story about him meeting her at a party and giving her the role is so made up. Kjo wanted her to succeed. Apparently, he told Ranbir to suggest Aloo to Imtiaz. And that is how it actually went down.

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 25 days ago

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

She was the first choice for Mother India but Nargis appeared on earth before her and took it away.

Also God wanted her to be Eve but she rejected the offer because she wasn't comfortable with the nudity.

Exactly smiley37smiley37

also what was Imtiaz smoking really? smiley39 Highway clearly required a young girl and so there’s no way in hell a mature woman in her 40s like Aishwarya could’ve pulled it off…and don’t even get me started on her horrible acting skills!

rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8
Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

My thoughts exactly smiley37 How amusing lmfao