Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

Thank you SHY smiley20

From what I understand from this lo...ng article:

"Four big films in 2024 indulged in self-buying ( not corporate booking)

Any clue which movies?

“A big film, which eventually bombed at the box office, attempted to boost its advance booking ticket sales to reach a milestone and then continued the trend to boost its opening day collections. The efforts went to waste, as the movie was dead on arrival, but the feeding continued for a few more days, before it all crashed.”

Which movie is this?

"As much as it is being spoken about today, the culture of corporate bookings has been ongoing for 'decades now,' a trade voice shared. It was always understood that bigger the star, bigger the brand interest , which will trickle into ticket sales as well. Box Office India, the trade magazine Hindi film industry swears by, has in multiple instances in the past mentioned corporate-aided bookings in a matter-of-fact manner."

This I had no idea. It's been going on for decades?

But the diff is, back then they used to do it 3 days after opening to keep the momentum going, and the stars had no involvement. And the seats were filled

Now with self-buying stars themselves do it (ask the corporate brands they’re associated with to do it) and seats are empty

But people are catching on and it can't go on for long

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

Thank you SHY smiley20

From what I understand from this lo...ng article:

"Four big films in 2024 indulged in self-buying ( not corporate booking)

Any clue which movies?

“A big film, which eventually bombed at the box office, attempted to boost its advance booking ticket sales to reach a milestone and then continued the trend to boost its opening day collections. The efforts went to waste, as the movie was dead on arrival, but the feeding continued for a few more days, before it all crashed.”

Which movie is this?

"As much as it is being spoken about today, the culture of corporate bookings has been ongoing for 'decades now,' a trade voice shared. It was always understood that bigger the star, bigger the brand interest , which will trickle into ticket sales as well. Box Office India, the trade magazine Hindi film industry swears by, has in multiple instances in the past mentioned corporate-aided bookings in a matter-of-fact manner."

This I had no idea. It's been going on for decades?

But the diff is, back then they used to do it 3 days after opening to keep the momentum going, and the stars had no involvement. And the seats were filled

Now with self-buying stars themselves do it (ask the corporate brands they’re associated with to do it) and seats are empty

But people are catching on and it can't go on for long

BLUE - I mean that's what the article says