Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

forza thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: palakluvsabhiya

Yes both were classic. Indian masses complain and then don't watch . 

But back then people were not so interested either. The gen now craves for good content. 

Are they interested now? andhadhun & hindi medium China success was a slap in the face for Indian Audiences .

GUZAARISH TAMASHA RAIN COAT SURAJ KA SATVAAN GHODA

Originally posted by: forza

India audiences sucks, how can a film like Swades or Dil Chahta Hai fails in Boxoffice? 

And they always complaining they want good content, Good Content My foot 

Dil chahta hai was a success, specially in metro cities

DushtKanya thumbnail

Guzaarish

Lakshya

Finding Fanny

Swades

Tamasha 

Tu Hai Mera Sunday

forza thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shubh.shubh

Dil chahta hai was a success, specially in metro cities

In that case even Bhola can be called a success, It did earn average status. So how can Big film called a success with average status? 

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/hit-down.php?txtYearlyData=2000-2009&year=2001

atominis thumbnail

TZP

Swades

DCH

Pink

Thappad

Sparsh

Ardh Satya

Shakti

Kaala Patthar

Earth 

Water

Fire

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 months ago

India audiences sucks, how can a film like Swades or Dil Chahta Hai fails in Boxoffice? 

arre unki marzi jo film dekhni hai dekhenge. They r right at their place. We r right at our place if we want to watch a movie or not

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Honestly, I won't blame the audience...sometimes, the timing isn't just right...I don't know why Gowariker and SRK decided to bring the movie into the theatres one month after Veer-Zaara (instead of trying in 2005 around the Republic day).

In addition SRK was in April with two movies...first the fake one (with only a part of the movie with SRK and Raveena) and then three weeks later Main Hoon Naa.

Swades probably was just a bit too much SRK in this year (MHN and VZ were mega successes).

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

LOL !! And western audiences are oh so mature and pick quality over quantity, right

That is why Most of the oscar winning movies are box office duds 

Why some people here are hell bent to make DCH a FAILED movie at boxoffice , when it was not.

DCH was meant for metro cities' and elite class audiences and it was a success there, it recovered all of its budget and made some profit  as well.

An uber urban movie like dch was never meant to do great business in villages and small centres where the audience can never possibly get its sensibility to begin with.

Also why TZP is mentioned. It was a clean SUPER HIT at the boxoffice, audience from all classes loved it and made it a huge hit. It did 62 crore business on a 18 crore investment, which explain it all.

TZP was one rare movie that was loved by masses, classes and critics alike, so I dont understand when all of the audiences lapped it up whole heartedly and loved it then why its name been mentioned where the question is audience dont deserve it ? 

Swades was too long, slow and way too too preachy, it never meant to set the boxoffice on fire, regardless of any release date.

--------------

Edited by Tanya1991 - 11 months ago