Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Romanoger thumbnail
Posted: 27 days ago

Originally posted by: nivi26

You wrote without even reading and understanding the post. Agar aapko is show ki story me kuch achha laga hai tabhi aaj wo aapko bakwas laga hoga! Par wahi mai puch Rahi hu ki isme achha hi kya hai? ITV par kaun sa achha show aata hai aap bataiye? Unless ki kisi ko sirf yahi dekhne ki aadat ho aur use yahi sab achha lagta ho!

Par story ek cheez hoti hai, dusri cheez hoti hai character... Story kaisi bhi ho, achche actors apne main character theme ko nahi bhulte.. isliye kuch achhe actors bakwas story me bhi apni jaan lagate hain.

And this has nothing to do with pair. Maine apne post me jis baat ki criticism ki wahi aapke sir ke upar chali gayi aur aapne use as it is repeat kar diya!

Problem yahi hai ki ITV audience ko hero ki personality/uske character conflict/separate goals se matlab nahi. Unse to bas Martin Sue ki tarah dekhna hai. Bas heroine se wo nain mattaka karte rahe aur audience khush! 

And how did you know that Rohit is not sticking to the 'theme' given by the production? Do you think directors are fool to okay his performance, if it so far from the character arc?

I don't understand these discussions about casts acting prowess, unless they are mincing their dialogues or laughing in sad scene(pratiksha), we have no room to judge as we have no idea what input the actor was given.

Rohit is doing phenomenal, I don't even remember shehzada's armaan anymore, besides few memes ofcourse.

Kalma007 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 27 days ago

I somewhat agree, although I dunno whether it is the story or the change in the character's behavior.

Shehzada's Armaan clearly showed the angst related to his past (his bio mom, his complicated relationship w his father, his willingness to sacrifice everything for his family, the way he tried to guide his siblings, his fearto disappoint his Dadisa and stepmom).

Now, he has simply replaced Rohit as the golden boy of the Poddar family, which has taken away all the fun out of the show and turned the SL into a very boring one.

Previous Armaan had more shades to him and Shehzada played the h3ck outta them.

This is why I keep saying Rohit Poddar is needed back, so that Armaan can go back to his "outsider" role.

pyar-ishk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 26 days ago

Sheh & RPo have a different style to acting on screen. To say one is better then the other is up to individual preference 

I mentioned this a few days ago that dkp did a injustice to 

RPo as Armaan, they took away the emotional traits, vulnerability, and caring nature that fans loved about Armaan.

In RS quest to erase Sheh as Armaan, he destroy the essence of the character and cause of Rohit capable acting that is making Armaan watchable. I love and appreciate all that Sheh brought to the character to have a fanbase. I've come to also appreciate RP, for continuing and doing a great job with what he's being given as Armaan Poddar.  

pyar-ishk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Ria23 thumbnail

Team Critics

I think it was that shehzada was better but instead character was written like that

This Armaan they completely changed it. All he can think is pleasing his family. Nothing else. 

I have been a viewer of this gen since beginning and I would like to put it in this way... The characterisation of Sheh's Ar was much better.. Like when compared to whatever shit we saw in past ipl month. But after watching the recent epis I can safely say that as an actor Rohit excels big time. He has a superior command over confrontation scenes be it be with Abhira or Phupasa.. Just look at his voice modulation or facial expressions. This guy is just too good.We are yet to get soft shades of him properly and I  am sure he will nail it too..And all this is nothing surprising  as he is a much more experienced actor.. I agree he was little bland in the beginning but nowadays just bravo. His and Sam's performance is the only reason why I am still hooked to  otherwise a very weak script . So lets not shade his performance. By saying that I wont discredit Sheh too.. Yes he did improve a lot. He was below average in the initial Mahabaleshwar epis.And from there he indeed showed so much growth..

Edited by Docworld - 26 days ago
Noorain13 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Like most of the people on this forum say, it’s the character and not the actor. The actor is doing a great job. His screen presence is amazing. The previous one did take time but he picked it up eventually but tbh when it comes to acting the current one seems way better. The writers just need to write him better.

nivi26 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Apne post me maine essentially character ki hi baat ki. Actor ki nahi. Purane Armaan ko characterization me hisab se hi better bataya. Jabki clear cut kaha tha ki na Mai Shehzada ki fan hu aur na RP ki. Aur na Maine inke pahle ke shows follow kiye hain. Aur Shehzada ki tareef uske bahut achhe actor hone ki wajah nahi ki.. isliye ki kyonki uske character ko leker Mera khud ka jo interpretation tha, uska Interview dekhne ke baad clear ho gya ki Shehzada ne bhi use aise hi interpret Kiya tha. To jab actor ko apne character ki gahri samjh ho to wo utna achha actor na bhi ho to bhi use thoda bahut convey to kar hi leta hai!

Even shuruat me wo bahut stiff Nazar aata tha but baad me he improved a lot as Armaan!

Par IndiaForums par log keval Fangirl jaisa nahi actor ki gf jaisa behave karti hain!

Jaise ki Maine koi personal comment maar diya ya koi aisi baat kah do jo kisi ke emotions ko hurt kar jaye.. Bhai sirf isiliye thodi irritation ho jati hai!

Logo apne personal preference aur objective discussion ke bitch difference jab nahi kar paate to dusre ke subjective opinion ki kya kadra karenge!

Etna bhi fangirl hona thik nahi hai!! 

Aur koi logically aapki baat ko refute kare to samjh aata hai. I will love to read such rebuttal. Lekin aap jin points par baat kar rahe ho, usko overlook karke apni soch ko project karke aap kisi ko chidhaane ke andaaj me jawab do to samne wale ki immaturity saaf dikhti hai. Fir aapko kuch bole to aapko bura kyon lagta hai??

Maane Issue ABC uthaao, baat DEF par hogi!!

Aisa kai shows ke saath hua hai aur hota rha hai! ITV shows me "original" aur "cohesive" writing jaisa kuch hota nahi aur Actors bhi har 20-30 episode par out of character jakar acting karte hain!! Lekin maine saath me ye bhi attach Kiya tha ki it's totally okay!!

Maine ye bhi likha tha ki ek below average show ke liye etni mehnat karna pagaalpan hai. You just need to be average kyonki utne ke hi layak wo story hai. Haan jo actors newcomers hote hain ya fir jo comeback karte hain un par ye pressure hota hai ki wo full capacity ke saath kaam kare!! That's the reason... Newcomers acting ka ABC na janane ke bavjud Raw emotions ko better express kar paate hain! 

Jaise Pratiksha ki dialogue dilivery/uska accent/voice modulation sab gadbad tha! She was worst actor in terms of techniques. But she said in her interview she tried her best. And I agree with her. Because she was able to give right expressions at key moments.

Recently agar aapne Heeramandi dekho ho... Usme kaise Aalamjeb ka role karne wali Sharmin Segal expressions me bhi ekdam zero rahi hai.

So that's what I was trying to convey in my original post!

But log sirf apni soch ko 100% affirm karne wali posts ko hi padhna chahte hain. Aisa lagta hi nahi ki Intellectual simulation jaisi koi cheez bhi exist karti hai inke liye! Kyonki I love to read opposing views with nuance details (with no comments on actors' and viewers' personal lives).

nivi26 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Abhi Ghum season 2 ko dekh lo! Writing kaafi uneven rahi hai.

Shakti too has pointed out the flaws in characterization and everything...

Though he is seasoned actor and very good one. But so are so many other good actors. But they are mostly director's actor. Their capabilities depend on the ability of their director. But some actors have their own understanding of their characters. 

Shakti tried his level best to show Ishaan 's human side even though agar writers ne use pura toxic hi bana diya tha. 

Why I am highlighting this point? Kyonki last season me Neil Bhatt had no problem with Virat's highly questionable actions and he agreed with makers' interpretation of his character. Jiske karan uska character end me kafi messed up ho chuka tha. The end result was toxic. He was very aggressive in fighting scenes. As a person I couldn't deny the possibility that he actually wanted to hurt Sai but for going against his will and purposefully did what he did.

But now... because Shakti is a professional so he is following his makers direction but at the same time due to his disagreement with the writing in his fighting scenes with Savi.. he is emoting his pain through his eyes. (Okay. I admit.. ye sab detail me notice karne ke liye academic understanding honi chahiye) I mean.. uski acting ki wajah se uska toxic character bhi ye convey kar paata hai ki wo Savi ko hurt karne/use sabak sikhane ke liye usse nahi lad raha balki he believes in so and so way of life and he is taking stands for them. And in no way he will go against those very things. Warna to Ishaan ko Viraat se jyada hi toxic bana kar dikhaya hai Makers ne. 

But now... It is all in vain. Uska track hi khatm hone Jaa Raha..