Users

Frequent Posters

1215019 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

It was the May 11 episode.

1215019 thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
To view this post you need to Log in to India Forums.
1215019 thumbnail

I was pleasantly surprised when Savi told Arjun that the last time she drove a car, there was an accident, and Arjun gently encouraged her and said that he trusts her.

Savi further opened up to Arjun by mentioning her mānalelā Māmā and Āpalaṃ Ghara. I thought Dipu was Sharada's full brother; if not, they must have adopted each other before Dipu forayed into the film industry and Sharada sent Dipu a letter announcing her engagement. It doesn't really make sense for Savi to invent a mānalelā Māmā whose presence would be expected at her wedding.

Arjun also shared with Savi that he wishes he and Balaram could have a brotherly relationship. Arjun said that he has been trying to get foreign investors for the power plant for the past 2.5 to 3 years ... so, I guess he finished his education in the U.S.A. before that.

At his young age, why is it Arjun's goal to develop Kawathe-Bhairavgad for the next generation? In my fan fiction, I wrote that Arjun takes after his mother in his business ambitions, but the show talks of Bhima'i as if she was a pious heiress whose husband managed her property. I wonder if the show will feel the need to explain Arjun's long-term vision.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

One explanation of Arjun wanting things for future generations is he's secretly 59 y.o. 🤣trapped in a body of someone in mid or late 20s 😆 time travel?

Why do shows keep showing people having single child so often? Especially among the parents' generation? Back then everyone had multiple children... Unless they add the backstory of tragic death of young siblings. Single child was a rarity, especially just a daughter. It is quite unfortunate but true.

Crimes against women shouldn't be spun as offenses to their brothers. ... Instead, Arjun could have reminded Shali that Savitri is his employee and Krishna'i's guest, so her safety is his responsibility.

- I agree. The problem with media and society in general is that they don't give women the autonomy and agency. She has to be related to someone, only then is she worthy of respect. A man would respect another man because he is one but he'd only respect a woman if she's related to some man. Patriarchy in its subtle-most form.

1215019 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

Why do shows keep showing people having single child so often? Especially among the parents' generation?

Do they?

Lately, you and I have discussed (1) Sundarā Manāmadhe Bharalī, (2) Dāra Ughaḍa Baye, (3) Piratīçā Vanavā Urī Peṭalā, and (4) Ramā Rāghava.

(1) Appā has two sisters (Akkā and Tulasa Akkā) and Taramati has a brother, while Indu, Bāpū, Jayashri, Sarjerav, M.K., Vidya, and Devavrat's unnamed father may or may not have siblings. Tulasa's unnamed long-deceased husband was Sakhi's father's brother.

(2) Rāvasāheba, Ambika, and Bhāūsāheba are three siblings, while Vaijayanti, Atmaram, and Kusum may or may not have siblings. (Correct me if anything has been revealed since the honeymoon track when I quit watching.)

(3) Krishna'i and Vishvambhar are siblings. I thought Sharada and Dipu were siblings by birth. The show has never said that Bhima'i was Moṭhe Mālaka's only child, which is why I've guessed that Savi's father was Bhima'is brother. Bhalachandra may or may not have had siblings.

(4) Rukmini Ājī has a sister, Kumud. Shalini has a brother, Madhav. Gajanan, Girish, Lavanya, and Pavitra may or may not have siblings.

I am old enough to play the parent of a lead on Marathi TV, and I have older first cousins who are a girl only child or a boy only child. My older distant aunt used in vitro fertilization to have just one child (boy). My grand-aunt's husband was the sole survivor past infancy out of twenty-one siblings. One of my great-grandmothers was an only child who married an only child. There have always been infertile couples who got lucky once, women who died or damaged the uterus giving birth to the first child, and couples who ceased intimacy after having one child.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago
1215019 thumbnail

I enjoyed the scenes of Arjun agreeing to go to the mandira because Savitri asked him, Arjun telling her to drive, but taking a back seat himself, and Arjun telling Priya that he loves Savitri unselfishly, without the expectation that she loves him.

Is Arjun suspicious that any woman who is affectionate must be after his status? Or, does he feel undeserving of love?

1215019 thumbnail

Is Pradip, the white-haired man with a long scar on his forehead, who calls out for Sharada to come back and urges her to run from the assassins, Savi's father? Or, is Pradip someone else who used to know Sharada? If Savi's father is alive, how can Savi - rather than her father or mother - be the real Khopade heir?

Pūjārī Kākā said that Pradip used to do chores for 4-5 families, which is working poor economic class. Maybe Pradip's mother was a Khopade servant and his father was Moṭhe Mālaka, Bhima's father?

1215019 thumbnail

Savi's conflicting thoughts made good drama as she prayed before taking the file to Arjun for his signature.

Savi still wants to level Arjun for his tyranny, even after hearing him say that he wants to uplift Kawathe-Bhairavgad out of poverty. She knows he is sincere after the labourer's wife and Narayan told her what Arjun has done for their quality of life. Yet Savi doesn't know the truth of Arjun's seemingly heartless interactions with Mahendar, Sontakke, Paras etc.

Savi knows that Vishvambhar's grievance against Arjun isn't shared by Vidyadhar, Priya, and Krishna'i. She knows that Balaram made at least one attempt on Arjun's life. Now that Savi has been rescued from rape by Arjun ... now that Arjun has encouraged her to drive after hearing that she got into an accident ... Savi knows that the guilt of betraying Arjun's trust would follow her all her life.

Can Savi find a way to level Arjun without making a mockery of his trust? It's a contradiction.

1215019 thumbnail

The first page that Arjun signed detailed someone's compensation at each stage of shooting and dubbing a film. Arjun's signature wasn't on a line next to a date; it was below an incomplete sentence about someone attaining the age of majority.

The second page that Arjun signed was about an Artist, production and exhibition, travel expenses outside Mumbai ...

Arjun flipped to the last page that prompted his AUTHORIZED SIGNATURE below "Jurisdiction of the court of situated at NASHIK DISTRICT" - dangling preposition!

Vināśa-kāle viparīta-vācanam, I guess!

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

I enjoyed the scenes of Arjun agreeing to go to the mandira because Savitri asked him, Arjun telling her to drive, but taking a back seat himself, and Arjun telling Priya that he loves Savitri unselfishly, without the expectation that she loves him.

Is Arjun suspicious that any woman who is affectionate must be after his status? Or, does he feel undeserving of love?

I guess both. His insecurity lies in not getting enough love from the family (somehow it is conditional?) I mean most families are like that, not a surprise.

Him feeling undeserving of love might be related to the dream/nightmare where he's apologizing.

I hope it plays out well. Now that Savi is out to level the field, how she manages to do it without hurting his feelings or if she hurts his feelings, how's she gonna redeem herself. What will Arjun's retaliation be?

Vanva petayla taiyaar aahe