Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1215019 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
To view this post you need to Log in to India Forums.
1215019 thumbnail

Excellent acting by Gaurav Malankar as Vidyadhar on Tuesday's episode!

He didn't just raise the volume of his voice to show Vidyadhar's annoyance with Nanda's meddling. He raised the pitch, made his voice tremble as Vidyadhar tried to speak calmly, and brought exasperation into his eyes, all while maintaining the paralysis of his right arm.

I felt sorry for Vidyadhar, trying to get Balaram to calm down while he himself had lost his temper. I felt sympathy for Vidyadhar, trying to make his usual condescending tone with Nanda sound loving when he felt only disgust for her.

1215019 thumbnail

Arjun does origami when he's not grappling at kustī or breathing his soul into his flute? Whatever. I liked the scene of Arjun showing up at Savitri's door with the winged beetle origami and politely assuring Suvarnalata that she didn't need to leave, while saying the opposite in his mind.

Çamaki has always been the most impulsive of the three partners in crime, willing to make obvious errors in judgement. Still, how can she not have the basic good sense to leave Savi alone with the man she is supposed to bewitch?

Starting from the scene in the hotel suite when Arjun thought Savitri had fainted, Indraneil Kamat has always been totally convincing as slack-jawed Arjun with terrorstruck eyes, stumbling over his words and saying the same thing over and over to grope through the fog in his brain, almost hyperventilating through his run-on sentence.

1215019 thumbnail

"No, never! अर्जुन कवठेकर कधीच संपू नाही शकत! अर्जुन कवठेकर काही गेलेली वेळ नाही, जी कधीच परत नाही येऊ शकत! अर्जुन कवठेकर game-changer आहे, होता, आणि असणार!"

What does Arjun regret not doing in time? What made Arjun so determined to be a "game-changer" that he has to wash his face repeatedly with shame for fantasizing about Savitri during a business meeting?

1215019 thumbnail

Savi's realization that Arjun has the power to make her shed tears was a beautiful scene! Savi urged herself to stop crying, she didn't know why she should cry instead of avenging herself on him, but Arjun's harsh words hurt.

1215019 thumbnail

Now Savi knows that Arjun's labourers haven't continued to work for free ... I mean, that Arjun set up direct deposit into the labourers' wives' bank accounts so that the labourers would recover from alcoholism.

How can Arjun's secretary, who just gave Hetal the human resources account password so that Pankaj could log in, not know these details of payroll?

Anyway, Savi has to weigh the honest woman's testimonial and decide whether to level Arjun or Vishvambhar. Arjun's rudeness once again tempts her to daydream of telling him off directly, which would set back Vishvambhar instead of Arjun.

1215019 thumbnail

Pankaj said to Mona, Bābāṃka sāṅga nā paise dyāyalā. When the mother always speaks Konkani, why does the son not speak proper Konkani to her - deūka instead of dyāyalā, consistent with Bābāṃka instead of Bābāṃnā?

Did the writers just throw in one Konkani word to wink at the audience that Konkani speakers sound funny? Mona shouldn't be a joke simply because her language isn't Marathi.

1215019 thumbnail

Ironically, while Vishvambhar warned Detective Pankaj not to do anything counterproductive like Ballu, and Pankaj assured Bābāṃno that he wouldn't, neither of them confided in the other, and so Pankaj jeopardized Vishvambhar's plot by discovering that neither Savitri nor Shyamal lives at Ganesh Krpa Society 28B in Lokmanya Nagar (Pune).

The other day, Savi had to hurry back before Arjun visited this address from her human resources record to check on her and Shyamal.

Has the show ever named the neighbourhood where Sharada actually lives? I gather that it's in or around Pune because Savi reached home after Arjun dropped her off. However, when Arjun gave Dipu a lift, I got the impression that Dipu hadn't meant to travel in that direction.

Shyamal might also live near Pune, since Savi called her to Sharada's home and Shyamal arrived the next afternoon (amidst morning scenes).

Savi was able to travel easily from Sharada's home to Shivaji Nagar Police Station, where Vishvambhar reminded her she had been brought after vehicular homicide of Sahil.

Paras from Sharada's neighbourhood has a rickshaw loan from Arjun's bank. Is that bank closer to Pune or to Kawathe-Bhairavgad near Nashik?

Edited to add: The bank is in Indira Nagar, and there Paras said that he lives in a nearby town/village. We later found out that Shyamal lives in Mumbai. Shivaji Nagar Police Station is in Bhiwandi.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Savi's realization that Arjun has the power to make her shed tears was a beautiful scene! Savi urged herself to stop crying, she didn't know why she should cry instead of avenging herself on him, but Arjun's harsh words hurt.

that's love babey... poor Savi

Btw the harsh words were too harsh, unsay-able? Did he take them back, apologize or nothing yet?

1215019 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

that's love babey... poor Savi

Btw the harsh words were too harsh, unsay-able? Did he take them back, apologize or nothing yet?

At first, Arjun was only cranky and cynical. He lashed out at Savi's genuine concern about his health because he had abruptly ended the meeting. Arjun accused Savi of complaining to Krishna'i, told Savi to do only the work she was paid to do, and told her to leave right away.

Later, Arjun couldn't sleep because he felt bad about saying all of that. He tried playing the flute, pacing, meditating, doing a crossword puzzle ... started to text "Miss Vashila, I am sorry ..." but deleted it.

The next day, Arjun was deliberately unkind to Savi. He drove past her instead of telling her to get into the car, and watched her running after him. He walked into her while she was carrying his coffee, yelled at her, and got annoyed even by the çāphā flowers on the tray. When she tried to tell him that the flowers were from his adoptive sister, the labourer's wife, he interrupted to mock her for stammering. Then he accused her of trying to leave work early when she was on her way to remind him of a meeting, and he took Savi's trainee Hetal with him instead of Savi.

Arjun's effort at self-control should be to demonstrate indifference to Savitri. Snapping at her when he's freshly disgusted with himself, I could understand. However, if he can switch from gawking at her to dehumanizing her all day long, his feelings for her aren't real and his character doesn't have much integrity. Bad writing.