Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1215019 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Arjun's car has "automatic" written on its door, and yet he needed to shift gears when Savi's hand was on the gear shift.

1215019 thumbnail

Offering to help Savitri with money, Arjun realized that she might not feel comfortable asking him, and told her to ask her adoptive brother Phadake.

He creates his own barriers!

Arjun's concern for Savitri reaching home safely turned into teasing as he listened to her instructions to take care of his health. Arjun pretended to be offended that Savitri hadn't invited him to visit her house. While Savi felt alarmed that Arjun would follow her, Arjun was being facetious. He knows that her mother is ill and he shouldn't impose on their hospitality.

1215019 thumbnail

Furious insulted Vishvambhar was a nice change from his usual moods.

Sharada said what I've been thinking for months: what kind of wedding requires a beautician for so long as Savi was supposedly in Rajasthan?

1215019 thumbnail

Shyamal was nearly unrecognizable in her preferred dressing style! She toned it down for her visit to Sharada.

What a tangled web! Savi introduced Shyamal to Sharada as a friend made in Rajasthan ... Sharada is thinking of Shyamal as a match for Dipu ... now Shyamal has to change costumes to video call Krishna'i from Sharada's house!

1215019 thumbnail

Arjun is supposedly taking painkiller pills after the fight on the hill. What is he doing drinking alcohol with his friend?

Were they eating meat or vegetables? After the ban on bloodsports and the potato rassā, I had suspected that Arjun might be a vegetarian.

When the friend said that Dipesh's sister's wedding wouldn't have been a success without Arjun, Arjun thought he was talking about the preparations! He had to be reminded about the thieves, as if it's all in a day's work!

Seriously, wouldn't the first detail to come to mind about Teju's wedding be Mahendar's assassination attempt on Dipesh that Arjun intercepted?

1215019 thumbnail

Oh, the irony of Arjun saving Miss Ghuṅghaṭa's photo in his favourites, but never matching Sapna's lips with Savitri's!

I thought Savi might have called Naresh or another friend to help her convince Mother Māulī that she had really been to Rajasthan. And thus, Arjun might have seen Savi in her Sapna costume. That was a clever trick by the writers to keep us guessing!

Arjun's dream of chasing Sapna on a moonlit road was suspenseful. At last, he unveiled her and saw Miss Vaṡilā! He saw the truth, and yet he could not absorb it. He woke up wanting contact with Savitri, and flustered as he edited his text to sound not so possessive or personal or direct.

1215019 thumbnail

I text with one little finger, and even that is so broad, it falls on two keys too often! Arjun texts with his thumbs like a phantom. He ignores the autofill and types G-o-o-d- -m-o-r-n-i-n-g. Misspells saṃdarbhāta as "sandharbat" instead of "sandarbhaat" and transliterates vowels inconsistently in "aaplya" instead of "aapalyaa."

The app prompted Arjun to finish the word "vashila." He must text Savitri by that name often. It prompted him with the correct spelling of "everything" but then obligingly prompted him to finish the misspelling "evrything." Obviously a habit for him.

It looks like autocorrect is off for spelling but on for capitalization: the adverb "kashi" (kaśī āhe) got capitalized like the proper noun "Kashi" (Kāśīsa zāve nitya vadāve).

1215019 thumbnail

I did not expect Arjun to ask his little cousin Pankaj for communication advice! Arjun spoke as if Pankaj texts girl friends all the time, while Arjun still has his milk teeth!

Pankaj brushes his teeth while sitting on a toilet seat! Doesn't he need a sink? Maybe he doesn't salivate while brushing? Who answers the phone while brushing?

Pankaj is such a multi-tasker, he can have a toothbrush in his mouth, talk into the phone held by one hand, and reach his other hand up his shirt to beat against his heart! Meanwhile, his facial expressions implied that he was defecating!

There was the Arjun-needs-a-washroom-right-now scene. On Jīva Zhālā Yeḍāpisā, there was a scene of the twins relieving themselves in the bushes on the way to deva-darṡana. Does only Chinmay Mandlekar write this type of scene, or is it common for Marathi daily dramas to use bodily vidhī for comedy?

1215019 thumbnail

Hearing the flushing sound, Arjun told Pankaj to wash his hands before texting him!

Of course, it's good advice to wash hands after using the toilet and before handling a device that touches one's face. Students have been known to get skin infections from using their mobile phones/tablets to take notes in a microbiology laboratory class and then using those devices for communication without alcohol-sterilizing them in between.

However, I took it as a joke because Arjun is over-thinking the decorous phrasing of his text message to Savitri.

Similar jokes are the smoker who popped a breath mint before answering her boyfriend's phone call and the aunt who said she was hanging up now "because I have a cough and I don't want you to fall sick."

Pankaj paid no attention, of course, before sending this gem: J1 झालं का?

I wonder if dialogue writer Vikas Pandurang Patil is aware that ritual purification before polite communication used to be no joke. In Budhasvāmin's Bṛhatkathāślokasaṃgraha, Vegavatī who has been sleeping takes a purificatory bath before she tells Naravāhanadatta the names of her elders, her tutelary deity, and brāhmaṇas.

Likewise, in Mahābhārata, Pauṣya-kṣatriyā made herself invisible to Uttaṅka because he had rinsed his mouth while standing, which didn't count as proper mouth-cleansing.

1215019 thumbnail

The timeline went back and forth again.

Arjun woke up from his dream in the morning. Then Shyamal arrived at Sharada's door. Returning to Arjun, he called Pankaj from Pune. Sharada went out, and Savi told Shyamal to hurry and put on a sāḍī; they had to video call Krishna'i right away. The next episode replayed Arjun's call to Pankaj. Cut to Pankaj eating ramen noodles and reassuring Krishna'i and Priya. In the next scene, Arjun had reached Bhima Sadan, so four-and-a-half hours must have elapsed since he spoke to Pankaj. Yet that was when Priya received a call from Savi and Shyamal.

Obviously, the Shyamal-Sharada-Savi scenes belonged to the afternoon, even though they alternated with Arjun-Pankaj scenes from the morning.

Anyway, Arjun's silent reactions during the video call were perfect! He wanted to see Savitri ... he felt reassured ... he was concerned for her mother ... he was embarrassed that Krishna'i knew what he did for Savitri ... the thought of Savitri staying away for a few days disturbed him even though it was his idea ... he felt guilty that Savitri's job kept her from her mother ... he felt hopeful when Savitri sounded cheerful ... and at last he had to speak up, but couldn't find the words!