Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1215019 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Now that Arjun thinks Shyamal has a brain tumour, will he swoop in to save the day?

Will Shyamal be on a stretcher, heading into the operating room, before she manages to reveal to Arjun that she's not Savitri's mother?

The way Arjun forgot everything in his concern for Savitri's mother was endearing. Arjun took offense that Savi had judged him, assuming that he wouldn't give her time off. In Arjun's mind, he is reasonable, friendly, decent ... and he has a right to share in every private problem of people whom he considers his own.

Of course, Arjun's privileged attitude came out again right away when he facetiously told Savitri to consider herself dismissed from her job. She needs the job to pay for the cost of living, not just her mother's treatment for which Arjun has implied his support. Having never lived off a paycheque, Arjun is insensitive to how his words might hurt Savitri's self-respect.

Arjun could have reassured Priya that he's not angry with Savitri, he's just giving her time off for something personal. Keeping his promise not to talk about the brain tumour, he could still tell Priya the truth that Savitri still has a job. But no ... Arjun's ego obliges him to put Priya in her place.

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: DelusionsOfNeha

That well's water .. seems like some aquifer gets connected with the pressure of the flag pole? Too much ?! šŸ˜†

Reminds me of an old show, Gulaal, the girl's anklets would jingle when there was an aquifer underneath the ground she was standing on.

I've seen real pani-kala at work and it is a mix of god's gift and a real, hard-earned talent to hear the faint water rumbling in the aquifer. Most of them have different methods, some use coconuts, others.. sticks.

Krishna and Bhima marrying Bhalchandra.. seems like the makers themselves misunderstood the family tree or the ages of children unless Arjun is the oldest but out of wedlock or before it?! Or.. He was married to Krishna but also married Bhima for her property and she died for ot convenience/ or was killed maybe šŸ˜†

Finally, Savi knows the flute man šŸ˜† nice.

Priti cha vanva petla ka baaki aahe šŸ¤£

I think Kavthekar was the manager of Bhima's father and he got Bhima married to the guy when he found out that he has some untreatable disease like cancer etc........ that only makes sense and keeps Kavthekar's dignity intact.....anything else will make him seem like a pervert....

but how will they show Savi being a real kavthekar ?? to show a simple baby swap both has to be of same age naa..... another idea that struck me was that maybe Savi's father was Bhima's son and her father drove him away for some reason........maybe marrying Savi's mother was without father's approval and so he was banished....... but that will make Savi, Arjun's Mama's daughter.........and though marriage with mama's daughter happens in real life, esp rural side, i doubt if any tv show will show it........

1215019 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

and though marriage with mama's daughter happens in real life, esp rural side, i doubt if any tv show will show it........

Ābhāįø·ÄcÄ« Māyā on Sun Marathi (remake of Tamil show Vāį¹‰attaip Pōla) not only showed it but promoted it as the goal for future generations:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5295188

1215019 thumbnail

Monday's episode was full of good scenes!

When Arjun asked the women if their husbands have beaten them since he set up their direct deposits, it showed his ability to see past their gratitude to the injustice that still exists in his kingdom. It caught me by surprise that Arjun called his wife-beating labourers his brothers. We had only seen Arjun adopting sisters everywhere so far.

Krishna'i, Vidyadhar, and Priya are stressing over a misunderstanding, and it's funny. Vidyadhar's patronizing remarks to Nanda are entertaining too. For example, telling her to eat her apple!

Eyes on the road, Arjun! His reaction to Savitri resting her head on his shoulder was so tender! He flashed back to her masquerading as his wife, and imagined it being real.

Narayan the sugarcane juice + tea į¹­akkara-seller touched Arjun's feet, and said that the tea stand was set up by Arjun's kindness. Arjun hugged Narayan as an equal friend. Arjun was in his mischievous mood, asking if Madam would accept a į¹­akkara. He poured water for Savitri before quenching his own thirst this time, but then he told her that he could read her mind. He knew that she was wondering how he made friends with Narayan.

What other surprises will pop up on the couple's second trip to Pune?

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Arjun just finding family everywhere he goes.. imagine if they actually come up ask for a share in his property too šŸ¤£

Also, a few years after Savi-Jun marriage, Arjun, casually bringing another (abandoned/orphaned) child home.. yeah I adopted.. again.

Savi, and about half the cricket team already on the dinner table.., nonchalantly said, one of you bring another chair for your new sibling.

And it continues šŸ˜†

At some point people wonder if they're so fertile or own an orphanage. Although it would be heartwarming to see them actually adopt a few children. Maybe 2-3.

1215019 thumbnail

Savi Tāī through her thieving already provides for the children of Ballal GurujÄ«'s orphanage-school, Āpalaį¹ƒ Ghara.

Vidyadhar's orphanage runs on money secretly given by Arjun after feigning that the monthly accounting requirement applies to Vidyadhar as much as to the rest of the family.

I would be surprised if Savi and Arjun didn't adopt a cricket team of kids when the time comes! It would be heartwarming nonetheless.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

IKR, that's the reason I came up with that impromptu idea šŸ˜† they are sort of alone, even within their families so a found family would be perfect for them!

*Found family trope superiority* šŸ™Œ

Write an OS if possible šŸ˜³ on the future.. something along the lines I shared yesterday. It will be fun to read, heartwarming indeed.

1215019 thumbnail

Thanks for the prompt! I'll file it with the Auntie Śrutaśravas prompt that I haven't written out yet. Good ideas, and I would love to do justice to them. Someday.

I'm already not making progress with a half-finished chapter of my longest book. I left the main character on his way to come out to his wife, who has just outed his love interest to his boss, her other husband. That book should be my focus, and I've already written most of the husband-wife conversation, but ...

I keep saying yes to writing one-shots! I submitted eight one-shots for the LGBTQ+ micro fiction contest, which I should turn into four books with different tags in the Fan Fiction section, but I haven't made time yet.

I published the first chapter of a wedding story on PiratīƧā Vanavā UrÄ« Peį¹­alā, and I want to map out its twists and turns along the sequence of rituals. I really need a block of quiet time to think about it. Someday.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Sure! OS do get done in short time.. my fic chapter has been marinating for almost 2+ years now and I'm nowhere near completion cuz I keep changing things and it just doesn't fit šŸ¤£

Will be waiting to read! šŸ‘šŸ¼ take your time.

1215019 thumbnail

After reading the question in Savi's mind, Arjun told her straightforwardly that he admires Narayan's hard work to expand his tea-stall. Where's the sarcasm? No mind games? Instead of his usual "just do what I tell you to do," Arjun is sharing his opinion with Savi.

What is more puzzling for Savi - the sincerity of Narayan's esteem for Arjun, calling him God and giving him his wife's handmade keychain, or Arjun's friendly appreciation for Narayan?

Yet, as soon as Savi asked Arjun if he had helped Narayan's son gain admission, Arjun retorted that he didn't owe her an answer. "Anyone else in my place would have done the same," he added untruthfully.

I think what spoiled Arjun's mood was the implication that he was charitable rather than friendly to Narayan. Arjun feels contempt for vaśilā - the idea that networkers can manipulate him; he sincerely wants to encourage hard work. Arjun feels irritated by Savitri admiring him for going above and beyond what was expected of him, and yet he mulls over every insinuation that he might have fallen short of decency.