Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1215019 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

In real world geology (or "geography" as Arjun said), what could have caused the dry well to produce water?

It hasn't rained nearby, so local drainage didn't raise the water table. Perhaps the groundwater comes from a distant glacier or stream, and displacement of an aquitard has redirected it into the Khopade field's aquifer.

In the world of Marathi TV, prophecies are always fulfilled, and thus Arjun, who scoffed at the andhaśraddhā and told Pankaj that Vishvamitra Mahārāja is a fraud, is now in search of a logical explanation for the well producing water after Savi planted the flag that Vishvamitra Mahārāja said the real Khopade heir would plant.

A skeptic would wonder if Vishvamitra Mahārāja conspired with the hitmen to ensure that Savi planted the flag instead of Arjun, so that Savi could claim to be the true heir after somehow engineering the flow of water into the well's aquifer.

Arjun is troubled enough to spill the truth to Pankaj, without worrying that it could reach Vishvambhar.

Does Pankaj care about Arjun? When Pankaj heard that the hitmen might still be on the hill, he sprang up to go after them, and I thought he was sincere, contrasting with Balaram. However, when he knew that Gangaram was going to cripple Arjun, Pankaj informed no one but Savitri, and as long as there was no sign of her coming to the rescue, Pankaj delivered an excited commentary throughout the wrestling match.

1215019 thumbnail

Finally, the family history was explained by Vidyadhar to Nanda. Bhima'i was Bhalachandra's first wife, and Krishna'i was his second wife. Bhima's father is remembered as moṭhe mālaka, and the land passed from him to Bhalachandra - not to Bhima herself!

Maybe Bhima's father outlived her. It sounds so patriarchal that a man living on his wife's property brought home another wife, had children with her first, and held the property in his own name!

Anyway, Nanda argued that Bhalachandra expanded Bhima'i's father's property tenfold, and Vidyadhar said that Bhalachandra's property is equally divided without dispute. So, how is it that Vidyadhar and Balaram have to account for their monthly allowances before Arjun?

Oddly, Krishna'i, shouting to Bhima-Tāī in heaven, referred to Arjun as the Kawathekar heir, rather than the heir to this ancestral property of the Khopade family. One of the Gangapur-Vadi farmers who came to fall at Arjun's feet and praise Arjun's piety also said that the farmer's grandfather and father prophesied the flag-planting by the true Kawathekar heir.

Krishna'i told Arjun that she did her best in her marriage to Bhalachandra, and made a sincere effort to protect Bhima-Tāī's marriage, but she used to feel inadequate to make up for the loss of Bhima-Tāī, wondering why the replete well suddenly dried up. So, the well dried up some time after Bhima's death?

Originally, Krishna'i told Vishvamitra Maharāja that the well has been dry ever since she came to this property upon marriage, 23-24 years ago. She just announced to Arjun (and the farmer repeated) that the well that was dry for the past 25 years has water this morning. Arjun has a memory of the shock of Bhima'i's death, and being comforted by Krishna'i. How old does that make Arjun? Did Krishna'i (legally) marry Bhalachandra after Bhima'i died, despite giving birth to Bhalachandra's sons Vidyadhar and Balaram before Arjun was born?

Krishna'i told Arjun that the land belongs to Bhima, and her heir Arjun planted the flag, so the well has water now. Arjun wondered how the prophecy was fulfilled despite Savi being the one who planted the flag. We can speculate about Savi being switched at birth with Arjun, or begotten by a Mr. Khopade, but the simplest explanation might be that Savi became Bhima'i's heir as soon as Krishna'i asked Savi to marry Arjun. A daughter-in-law is her mother-in-law's heir, and a yajamāna is incomplete without his ardhāṅgī, right?

1215019 thumbnail

Arjun and Savi are growing closer steadily. He joked about her prowling to steal, and she played along, saying that she would steal ornaments. They are able to laugh together now. And they turn around to look at each other one more time, again and again, to talk once more and smile once more.

Arjun was hiding the flute behind his back as he accosted Savitri. What is his reason for not wanting her to see it? Would it spoil his tough image? Does he have private thoughts while playing? Was he unaware that his music reached her lodgings?

When Arjun realized that his flute-playing has repeatedly brought Savitri in search of him, his disdain to call Pankaj's bluff turned into wonder. If Miss Vaśilā had complimented him on his playing, he would have suspected flattery, but to think that his music stirs her without her even knowing it is his!

Then, being aware that Savitri would turn around to look at him yet again, Arjun held the flute pointing out proudly behind him for her to see as he walked away. The thrill on Savi's face looked so spontaneous as she realized that the flute-player who fascinated her was none other than māzhā tirasaṭa!

Now Savi wants to tell Arjun the truth, and if they work together, they can defeat Vishvambhar's plot.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

That well's water .. seems like some aquifer gets connected with the pressure of the flag pole? Too much ?! 😆

Reminds me of an old show, Gulaal, the girl's anklets would jingle when there was an aquifer underneath the ground she was standing on.

I've seen real pani-kala at work and it is a mix of god's gift and a real, hard-earned talent to hear the faint water rumbling in the aquifer. Most of them have different methods, some use coconuts, others.. sticks.

Krishna and Bhima marrying Bhalchandra.. seems like the makers themselves misunderstood the family tree or the ages of children unless Arjun is the oldest but out of wedlock or before it?! Or.. He was married to Krishna but also married Bhima for her property and she died for ot convenience/ or was killed maybe 😆

Finally, Savi knows the flute man 😆 nice.

Priti cha vanva petla ka baaki aahe 🤣

Edited by DelusionsOfNeha - 1 years ago
1215019 thumbnail

In Vidyadhar's conversation with Nanda, he was clear that "the first wife's name is Bhima'i and the second wife's name is Krishna'i." And Nanda pointed out that Vidyadhar is the eldest sibling, which has never been contradicted.

So, this is the family history:

1. Some 25+ years ago, Bhima Khopade, daughter and heiress of a prominent landowner (Moṭhe Mālaka) of Kawathe-Bhairavgad, married Bhalachandra Kawathekar, whose surname implies that his family was originally from this village but settled elsewhere.

2. Vidyadhar was born to Krishna Gadak at least 26 years ago, since he must have been over 21 to marry Nanda legally more than 5 years ago. As far as we know, Bhalachandra begot Vidyadhar, and Bhalachandra was married to Bhima'i before Krishna'i came into his life.

3. We don't know why Bhima and Bhalachandra were childless at first. Family planning? Infertility? Infant mortality? Somehow, 25 years ago, the well dried up - after Vidyadhar's birth, and it was already dry 23-24 years ago, when Krishna'i came to Bhima Sadan after "marrying" Bhalachandra.

4. Krishna'i gave birth to Balaram. According to a rant by Balaram, although Bhalachandra had two children already, he then begot Arjun with Bhima'i. Arjun has never addressed Balaram as Dādā.

5. Krishna'i gave birth to Priya. Krishna'i's brother Vishvambhar toured Konkan, resulting in marriage to Mona and birth of Pankaj.

6. Krishna'i credits Bhima'i's puṇyāī for Savitri's arrival to protect the family. Perhaps Bhima'i sacrificed her life to save Vidyadhar, whose arm and leg got paralyzed rescuing Arjun from an attempt on his life by Vishvambhar?

In a fan fiction that I started writing before it was made clear that Bhalachandra married Bhima before Krishna, I have a more dramatic family history in mind. I really need to map out the wedding events and how the back story should unfold.

Incidentally, how many current daily dramas have villains named Nimbalkar? (1) Sundarā Manāmadhe Bharalī had Daulat and Sarjerav; (2) Dāra Ughaḍa Baye has Arya; (3) Piratīçā Vanavā Urī Peṭalā has Nanda. Are there any others? Any nice Nimbalkars anywhere?

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Nimbalkars were villains even in Shivaji Maharaj wali serial, being the mama who wanted his daughter to be the queen 😆

There's some fascination of the writers wanting the same fam to be villainised

So is Arjun older or Balram.. was Arjun born after Bhal's marriage to Krishna??

Do the writers know what is the truth or are they playing along without a proper chart/timeline? 🤣

Edited by DelusionsOfNeha - 1 years ago
1215019 thumbnail

All details given so far are consistent: Balaram is older than Arjun.

Bhalachandra had two children (i.e. Vidyadhar and Balaram from consorting with Krishna'i) but went and complicated their lives by begetting Arjun. As expected from their birth order, Balaram is married while Arjun is unmarried.

Since Krishna'i dates her "marriage" to 23-24 years ago, we need to know how old are Balaram and Arjun to be able to answer who was born before or after Krishna'i's marriage. There has been no mention of Bhalachandra divorcing Bhima, so he might not have legally married Krishna until after Bhima died.

If Arjun graduated from college at age 21 in India and then went to the U.S.A. for graduate studies, and since his return he has had a couple of years to bring the almost bankrupt sugar factory into profit, he might be 25+ years old now. Then it's possible that 23-24 years ago was when Bhima died, and Krishna, already living with Bhalachandra as the mother of two of his children, legally married him and officially arrived.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Why can't they have a normal family, man.. everyone has more than one wife.. Ema.. second wife.. step children drama 🤣

That life is not interesting, it is traumatizing 😭 inko Kahan se drama dikhta hai isme?

Also the plot twist of Savi being the actual daughter of Bhima would be wild.. dna test can't be done cuz both parents aren't alive. So how they gonna prove that? They can't even prove Arjun is or isn't their child.. 🤣 this is fun

1215019 thumbnail

I don't believe what anjs guessed: Savi being Bhima's child and Arjun being Mother Māulī's child. My guess is that Savi is Arjun's māme bahīṇa.

DNA testing could be done to compare Arjun with Vidyadhar/Balaram/Priya to establish that he's their half-brother or not. The easiest test would be for Y chromosomal markers, which should be identical between Arjun and his half-brothers. If anjs is right, Arjun's half-brotherhood would be disproved, and Savi's half-sisterhood could likewise be proved by DNA testing (but not Y chromosomal markers, of course).

It is also possible to test Savi's DNA against Arjun's and determine that they share enough markers to be first cousins. (Or more distant cousins, depending on which Khopade male fathered Savi.) Even if Bhima was the last of the Khopades, she might have maternal relatives living whose DNA could be tested against Savi's (and Arjun's) to confirm a genetic relationship.

For one obvious test, Arjun and Savi would be expected to share 12.5% of polymorphic X chromosomal markers if they are ātte bhāū and māme bahīṇa. Arjun's only X chromosome comes from his mother (Bhima), and one of Savi's two X chromosomes (i.e. 50% of her polymorphic X chromosomal markers) is the only one her father had. If Savi's father was Bhima's full brother, his only X chromosome came from Bhima's mother. Any marker inherited by Bhima's brother has a 50% chance of being shared by Bhima; any marker present in Bhima has a 50% chance of being inherited by Arjun. Thus, 50% x 50% x 50% = 12.5% would be the sharing of polymorphic X chromosomal markers between Savi and Arjun if my guess is correct.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Thanks for the DNA & percentage lesson.

Pretty sure the writers of this show wouldn't take that path unless they do 😆 then they will bring in something random for sure

Cousins.. hmm.. plausible.