Users

Frequent Posters

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: raj80

How is the general reviews?

very strong - for those who are stock market enthusiasts - its like their alma mater kind off lol.

public reactions are excellent.

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Fashionista Circle

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

I would love to watch. My dad’s stock broker. 1992 was peak and scam impacted us all.

Is the show watchable with Mom? Today’s web series are not really for family viewing.

Pratik Gandhi though. Super happy for him. He is an amazing Actor. I am glad makers took a Gujarati actor to play Harshad.

just a few gujarati slangs here and there - but nothing like other web series - this one isnt filled with profanity and no nudity or uncomfortable scenes - its wholesome and can pretty much be watched with family members..

also if you are a Gujarati - you will love the portrayal of Gujjus here - idioms are so good lol and its not a cliche Tarak Mehta kind of caricaturish take on Guj family and folks either.

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

Its a stock market scandal that shook India in 1992..Harshad Mehta was almost a bad word after that for a very long time. Lot of people/ retail investors lost lot of money back then - this show takes on the whole story and his rise and fall and whether he was a flawed hero/ genius or the fall guy or the scamster or bit of everything.

Oh no. I don't think I am going to understand this stock market and all. I am not intelligent enough for viewing such a show. Maybe I will recommend it to my brothers. Thank you 🤗

566912 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

just a few gujarati slangs here and there - but nothing like other web series - this one isnt filled with profanity and no nudity or uncomfortable scenes - its wholesome and can pretty much be watched with family members..

also if you are a Gujarati - you will love the portrayal of Gujjus here - idioms are so good lol and its not a cliche Tarak Mehta kind of caricaturish take on Guj family and folks either.

Great. I hate caricature Gujju portrayal.

Mom will like it too. We all have grew up with Shares and market. Dad started as Stock broker and after this scam, he moved to other businesses. Never sold the office though. It’s still running (doesn’t even make profit. Just breaks even) and he thinks Stock Broker is his identity. Before the Harshad Mehta peak, he would be up till 4 am writing down selling and buying. Did not have computer back then. During Mehta peak, he bought one. Ohh this brings back my entire childhood. Ha ha.

I will definitely watch it.

Thanks everyone who replied! 😃

Guinea thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

For me it’s best Indian webshow I have watched . Their is an audience who doesn’t want to watch gore , gangster violence, the underworld etc . This was a good story .. stayed true to the book and was meticulously detailed..

Prateek was brilliant and so was the rest of the cast . The best thing I liked abt the show was .. they didn’t make him into a hero . He was shown for what he was ..

HakunaMatata. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

I was quite apprehensive starting this show since I have zero knowledge of share market, but to my surprise I really enjoyed watching it.

Entering the show, we know what Harshad is going to do and what his end will be but still it kept me at edge of my seat. It was all about 'How'. How did he pull off such a big scam and how did the agencies unravel his wrongdoings.

It was all explained in great details.. and it definitely piqued interest of a novice like me in stock market/money markets. It does not take audience for granted or consider them as dumb heads. There is no spoon feeding and complicated concepts like PSU bonds, security deposits, bank reciepts etc everything is handled well. Explained wherever necessary but not over simplified as well.

And even though the show is about Harshad Mehta(Pratik Gandhi), there are many episodes where he is hardly present.. like the investigation episodes.. The show gives everyone an equal opportunity to shine. Pratik was brillant but so was Shreya as Sucheta Dalal.. she has great screen presence. Also liked Anant Mahadevan as RBI Governor, Harshad's brother Ashwin, his wife, all SBI employees, Rajat Kapoor as CBI officer.. every single character was good. Very well done casting.

But the major plus point for me was no nudity, no explicit scenes or gali galoch just for the sake of it.. It hardly had MC-BC gali at 2-3 places but that was justified and didnt look forced. This is what we need.. Strong series with good story telling, but all we get nowadays is dark genre series like Sacred games, Mirzapur, Paatal lok etc. Enough of those already.. there are other genres to be explored as well and not everyone is a fan or gore. Scam is definitely quality content.. Ironically the show is about scam but this is the cleanest series I have watched in a while.

Edited by HakunaMatata. - 3 years ago
kankabhor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

It is one of the best Indian web series I have watched. Much better than types of sacred games. The show is Very well made. All actors are brilliant especially lead actor PratIk Gandhi. 1992 was turning point for India and this scam shaped Indian shtick market and economy. Everyone must watch this show.

They have explained all the scams for normal people as well. So everyone can understand it. The Gujarati family living in Mumbai is depicted so accurately with poignant family moments. After watching you question entire faulty system and not just one person. And at the end it says “ everything changes, but nothing changes”. It is so true with all scams, we have been seeing after that. Dialogues are sooo good I can’t stop gushing about these.

This is the example of web series that all Indian makers should follow. For me, it is the only Indian web series which is of international standard. Story, screenplay, music, direction everything is up to the mark.

Edited by kankabhor - 3 years ago
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

There's nothing about the show that I didn't like. Watching Pratik for the first time and he was an absolute treat to watch! I might now go back and watch more of Hansal Mehta's work. Each actor was well cast and I'm afraid AB jr will have a tough job as his work will be constantly compared with the original. His role in Guru was similar though.

I was always clueless of how banks would lend such hefty loans to the likes of Mallya,Modi without any guarentee so all that was cleared after watching the show. Seriously, in today's digital times, these banks are left bankrupt.. back then everything used to be manual work!

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Fashionista Circle

Originally posted by: heartbleed

Oh no. I don't think I am going to understand this stock market and all. I am not intelligent enough for viewing such a show. Maybe I will recommend it to my brothers. Thank you 🤗

Give it a try ;) and your welcome :)

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Fashionista Circle

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Great. I hate caricature Gujju portrayal.

Mom will like it too. We all have grew up with Shares and market. Dad started as Stock broker and after this scam, he moved to other businesses. Never sold the office though. It’s still running (doesn’t even make profit. Just breaks even) and he thinks Stock Broker is his identity. Before the Harshad Mehta peak, he would be up till 4 am writing down selling and buying. Did not have computer back then. During Mehta peak, he bought one. Ohh this brings back my entire childhood. Ha ha.

I will definitely watch it.

Thanks everyone who replied! 😃

Wow!

Yes I know of many people around me who were deeply affected by Harshad Mehta scam so to say..some, retail investors ie, who borrowed money, back then, to make double the amount out of it from stock market because of the non stop insane bull run and the unending optimism around any stock that Harshad picked at that time, lost their house and other assets, when the crash happened subsequently.

Fact is that every decade a big scam happens - Ketan Parekh, Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi, DHFL-Yes Bank, Jet airways..even now with the most sophisticated softwares - hackers and operators find their way into the system..Ive heard that Ketan Parekh is still an active operator..albeit hidden somewhere.