Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Ash--I don't think her character is suppose to be that impressive; she's sort of like a doormat character.
I like Kamran the best 😆

Muneeb is doing amazing
Simz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
So shuja was forced to drink i just find that so stupid 😵
nep3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I don't understand why can't Hira go to stay with her mum..suja knows his mother..my only wish to see his mother repentance ..
CandycaneMissy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

"The response towards Shuja has been epic" - Zahid Ahmed

The versatile and popular actor spoke to HIP about Daldal and the audiences reaction towards his character Shuja.

SAIRA KHAN PUBLISHED ABOUT 14 HOURS AGO

Watching dramas, is our favourite thing to do every evening especially more so now as each channel is busy in churning out one hit play after another. Now if we talk about actors who are versatile and dedicated to their craft then the first person who comes to ones mind is Zahid Ahmed. He lights the screen with his strong performances. With us still in love with Besharram, it is one of his recent plays Daldal which has been getting him a lot of rave reviews. This is one of his best plays, with a story that emotionally tugs at your heart.

Zahid is playing the role of a man who dreams of going to London by hook or by crook. He manages to reach the UK illegally. This is the start of his struggles.

It is a very real life like situation. People live under this assumption that a being in a Western country means all would be hunky-dory. However, through this play the director wonderfully uses Zahid Ahmed's talents to show the harsh reality.

"The response towards Shuja has been epic especially from the male audiences which is something I always aimed for. Playing Shuja was fun for me, with his frustrated initial phase then embarking on that blood curdling journey and finally when circumstances in the UK turn him into a puppy dog. This was a very fulfilling role that I am very happy I was offered and thrilled at the response it's garnered".

Talking about the positive response he has received so far we couldn't help but ask the star whether he ever imagined his character would gain so much fame when signing on for the project?

"I had an idea that it might simply because the story was great and the fact that Shuja was the focal point plus the right direction from Siraj ul Haque and great writing from Qaisera Hayat made my job very easy and they deserve a lot for credit for making such a fantastic drama". said Zahid

We asked the star man to choose his favorite scene from the play. After some thought he responded.

"There are so many to choose. Erm, to answer your question, I would say very cute romantic scenes with Armeena (Khan), the fight scenes with Muneeb (Butt) , all of the journey scenes, entering the UK and eating those bananas (gives a laugh)".

We thought, we would get clever and ask him what do we expect from the upcoming episodes? Will we see Hira (Shuja's wife) return?

"Now that's a million dollar question and you won't get the answer from me, you will have to tune in every Thursday at 8pm on Hum TV to find out "

He has had a tremendous year with Daldal , Besharram and Gustakh Ishq so we asked him what was his plans for 2018 and here is what he said.

"2018 is going to be a different year for me with perhaps lesser dramas and a variety of other work. A film for sure and let's see what else".

Now to see Zahid Ahmed spreading his magic on the big screen would be amazing but till that news springs in to action we look forward to seeing him in Daldal.

https://www.hipinpakistan.com/news/1154134/the-response-towards-shuja-has-been-epic-zahid-ahmed

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: _Tabs_

Ash--I don't think her character is suppose to be that impressive; she's sort of like a doormat character.

I like Kamran the best 😆

Muneeb is doing amazing

I hv officially become a muneeb butt fan after seeing his portrayal of kamran...he was amazing since epi 1
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Peoplewatching

I am familiar with the Pakistani industry. Armeena had but had any facial work done at all. In fact she refuses to endorse such things as whitening creams. As for her acting. She is trained and works in the west. It is different from the over acting in the subcontinent we are used to. So it looks strange if you are not used to it. But look again with fresh eyes and you will see it is actually good acting.

Lmao omggg i cant stop laughing

Armeena is trained in acting and pak drama actors.cant act or overact and armeena is.too.good for them

Bahahahahahahaha

Bahahahahahahahaha

Bahahahahahahahaha

Oh god my stomach is hurting
CandycaneMissy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This show has totally overpowered other shows at same time slot No one is even near in trps Daldal is winning by a huge margin
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: CandycaneMissy

This show has totally overpowered other shows at same time slot No one is even near in trps Daldal is winning by a huge margin

I m really glad its finally getting good trps
This show showed many things explicitly and in much details which other shows dont
The budget is huge
I m ao glad it finally paid off
draconian123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Lmao omggg i cant stop laughing

Armeena is trained in acting and pak drama actors.cant act or overact and armeena is.too.good for them

Bahahahahahahaha

Bahahahahahahahaha

Bahahahahahahahaha

Oh god my stomach is hurting

Aunty don't laugh too much you'll fart and explode at the same time go read her bio it says trained from Ealing in London also back to back trp hits for a flop actress according to you she's done real well.
draconian123 thumbnail
hiras done well to tell sakeena off I died laughing.