Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sonder. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

This has got to be my most random entry ever but OMIGOSH! I connect to you on a roohani level with this post! KY2 forum is one of the most ridiculously toxic places. It's nothing compared to the old classics like DMG and D3 but gah! That forum is the biggest turn off EVER. I was one of the first viewers of KY2, started watching it when it was merely 9 episodes old. No one knew about this show back then and it was mostly laughed upon. But then it got insanely popular and the forum was taken over by all kinds of phangurls, all of them on a collective mission to turn me off from the show. The people there are insane, in a very intellectual, holier than thou, 'i know best' sort of a way.

As for the age of the fanbase? It starts from 13 and goes till 34 xD Maybe even older but I know someone there who is 34 😆

On topic of drama recommendations: has anyone around here seen Noorpur Ki Rani? Starring Sanam Baloch, Nauman Eijaz, Mahnoor Baloch. It aired on HumTV. Never caught it again but it was an ah-mazing show! I had a legit crush on Azfar Rehman in that show. Aaah...Nofil 😳

Badtameez used to air on ARY when Khuda Aur Muhabbat used to air on Geo so no one paid attention to that show but my family used to loyally follow Badtameez and never saw one episode of KAM. It was light and hilarious, perfect for a family time.

Imran Abbas looked quite hot in NoorBano so you can check it out as well.

I watched Malal the other day and it's nice as well. Story revolving around characters than a particular plot. Imran Abbas as Jawad was great.

And since I am having Aunn Zara nostalgia tou putting that here as well. Aah..I do miss laughing till my tummy aches and AZ delivers just that. Plus with my thaten maarta pyaar for Obi, I am enjoying more than when it aired originally xD

You. I like you. :')

*not a creep, def not a chep, pakka promise*

I never watched DMG while it was on air, but I did watch a couple episodes afterwards to see what the hype was about. And lmao. How people tolerated Riddhima idk.

Pathetic. Not the forum. Me. Because at this point, I'll take "holier than thou" AS LONG AS YOU CAN SPELL HOLIER AND KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEN AND THAN. I'm more turned off by the 12 year olds felicias and felipes practicing for their language arts class through "fanfictions" (oops. that was really mean. but i'm not taking it back. i'm not mean i swear. except for two seconds ago, but let's disregard that, ok thanks).

GIVE ME A TOUR, PERSON I LIKE. Of the KYY forum. HELP ME FIND THESE "intellectual" PEOPLE. Because so far all I have is "i lyk manuk v much gud luv story".

Okay, jk. I just stumbled upon some discussion thread and people there seem very educated and nice and I WANT TO MAKE FRANDSHIP because they write in proper English.

I'm like as old as Manik and I'm 100% embarrassed about my obsession and I 100% can't imagine ever breathing a word about it to any real life person. Ever.

I don't wanna watch KAM. I heard it has a depressing ending (if my newfound embarrassing KYY obsession didn't make it clear, I LOVE puppy, happy, alllizwell love).

Imma add Aun Zara to mah list, thanks homeskillet.

Peace out.

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Khuda aur Muhabbat isn't that great. Imran was decent and the title song is really good. .but that's about it. The show is based off of a best seller and that's what attracted me to it, but the show in its entirety isn't great and the female lead is awful. Though I do look forward to season 2 which is being speculated.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Sonder.

You. I like you. :')

*not a creep, def not a chep, pakka promise*

I never watched DMG while it was on air, but I did watch a couple episodes afterwards to see what the hype was about. And lmao. How people tolerated Riddhima idk.

Pathetic. Not the forum. Me. Because at this point, I'll take "holier than thou" AS LONG AS YOU CAN SPELL HOLIER AND KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEN AND THAN. I'm more turned off by the 12 year olds felicias and felipes practicing for their language arts class through "fanfictions" (oops. that was really mean. but i'm not taking it back. i'm not mean i swear. except for two seconds ago, but let's disregard that, ok thanks).

GIVE ME A TOUR, PERSON I LIKE. Of the KYY forum. HELP ME FIND THESE "intellectual" PEOPLE. Because so far all I have is "i lyk manuk v much gud luv story".

Okay, jk. I just stumbled upon some discussion thread and people there seem very educated and nice and I WANT TO MAKE FRANDSHIP because they write in proper English.

I'm like as old as Manik and I'm 100% embarrassed about my obsession and I 100% can't imagine ever breathing a word about it to any real life person. Ever.

I don't wanna watch KAM. I heard it has a depressing ending (if my newfound embarrassing KYY obsession didn't make it clear, I LOVE puppy, happy, alllizwell love).

Imma add Aun Zara to mah list, thanks homeskillet.

Peace out.

And you, I really like you. You scream sophistication.
(anyone who chooses Georgia as a font is close to my soul.)

OMG! Those fanfics! DUDE! I've had a merry time simultaneously laughing and losing precious seconds of my life going through just ONE such fanfic. It was enough to make me want to rip my eyes out and mix them in a blender, bleeding while I did so. But that is not to say that forum doesn't know the presence of some educated people. Try visiting the MaNan AT at round midnight.That's when the intellectuals gather there. Or they used to when I lived there xD

FirefliesHaven (MaNan AT) was THE place to be. Filled with the coolest and the most intimidating people of the forum because of their long, deep, 'loop closure' wali discussions about the show. Most of the gang is still there. Yeah, they tend to go 18+ most of the times but all of that's done in a healthy way 😆 I am pretty sure the topic you came across must have been made by one of the AT people. There are some 'i lyk manan' type people there but I never interacted with them. So you can ignore them, very easily. Go to the AT, and give my reference. Someone there must remember me, I know xD

KAM I find very overrated. Could never watch past one episode of it so I'd say give it a skip.

watch watch watch watch WATCH Aunn Zara! It's legit hilarious and I JUST FREAKIN' LOVE OSMAN AND MAYA IN IT!!!
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sonder.

YES, HIM. HE BE SUCH A MEGA DREAMBOAT. I WANT. And his facial hair are tbh dreamfloatillas on their own. Okay I checked out Daam's OST and it looks good but I can't find good quality.

Fahad Mustafa. Lmao. Can we not. I remember this one show my mom watched a longass time ago and he was gay or sumfin and like he was so perfect as that character, I just can't anymore with him. Literally (#whitegirlstatus). So imma stay far far away from him.

Okie. So I obvi have too much free time on my hands. Because I started Malaal (and finished Malaal). AND JAWAD. SOMEONE GET ME A JAWAD. I WANT. I'LL GIVE MY LEFT ARM AND A KIDNEY.

Okay mah Immi has such a deep voice for such a cute face it's such a turn on. Mera dilll.

Did I mention that I also started Mera Naam Yousuf Hai? Ooops. BUT WOAH. BLOWN AWAY BY HOW GOOD IT IS.

really??? what show was this... Pakistani drama mein gay?? that's quite a shocker to me.
As for Jawad and Imran... sighhh😳
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Fahad has never played a character who's gay as far as I know. Pakistani shows haven't reached such a point yet. Fahad has played the role of a transgender though.
Sonder. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Imran as Jawad was absolutely adorable. Jawad is arguably the kind of guy every girl would want. That show makes you really like Imran as an actor. Malaal is class apart. I also adored Zeenia and Jawad as a pair. Deepti Gupta is lovely. Such a wonderful actress.

I'd say Jawad is my favorite male Pakistani character from a television show ever.

Bruh. Friggin Danish. All around phuttooo of epic proportions. Jawad was half magical because he was Jawad and half because he was such a foil to Danish, and anyone who is a foil to Danish is a magical creation.

The best part? People actually had proper English accents. I was mentally ready to cringe. I liked how there weren't any villains, how Mahi's character matured, how every character had their own story. The show truly defined good storytelling.

*lowkey only really liked it because I got the ending I wanted*

*jk, jk, i'm more deep and intellectual than that*

*but really though*
Edited by Sonder. - 9 years ago
Sonder. thumbnail

@Sonder: Fahad Mustafa is a brilliant actor. You should watch more of his work.

I just. I would. I really would. But my mom watches too much Jeeto Pakistan for her own good and I get enough of Fahad Mustafa than I would ever like. And I don't like his offscreen vibe. Gah.
Sonder. thumbnail

Originally posted by: grey23

@sondar u r funny;! 😆

You. I like you, too. :')
Sonder. thumbnail
Oops. *proceeds to hide in a corner*
I'm losing credibility by the instant.

In my defense, I was like 12.

Maybe it was transgender. But I have this thing where I can't imagine actors beyond the first character I see them play (my hamartia).

But tbh, it's just Jeeto Pakistan that turns me off. I'll start watching his shows when my mom stops watching Jeeto Pakistan.
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Fahad has never played a character who's gay as far as I know. Pakistani shows haven't reached such a point yet. Fahad has played the role of a transgender though.

If you don't mind, do you recall what that drama was? I am just curious.