Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Sonder.

Thank you so much! Everyone is so helpful here, dat Paki bhaichara doe.

I looked into the dramas you have mentioned. Dastaan seems like it is not contemporary.
Daam looks good (who's the hottie?).
Lmao Kankar has the Jeeto Pakistan guy, I can't stand him I'm sorry.
AHHH MY HAYA (why is she paired with an uncle?).

I'm torn. I can either watch Dastaan for Fawad Khan, Mere Humdum Mere Dost because I miss Haya, or the Yousuf show because I miss Hadi (even though he was really dumb, he was still my bby). As of now, I'm leaning towards the Yousuf show because the OST literally gave me chills and it had a couple of dialogues I fell in love with. (AND THE GUY IS SO CUTE. I mean, he ain't no Fawad, BUT HE'S CUTEEE)

if u want to watch fawad must watch zindegi gulzer hai..and yes dastan was based on the India Pakistan partition..daam,durre shawar these r also must watch!!! Trust me u won't regret watching these four..and yes haya is paired with old man here but trust me they justified the reason and had an awesome chemistry!! Give them try...:D and do post ur reviews!!!
grey23 thumbnail
oops i just realized there r plenty of Pakistani dramas which should not be missed!!
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Sonder.

So sorry, don't mean to intrude but some of you guys were talking about Kaisi Yeh Yaarian a couple pages back. Wanna hear a story?

I watch that show.

I started watching that show 10 days back.

I am now all caught up with all the episodes.

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. But it's addictive. Not "lose-your-sleep-over-it" addictive, but the guilty pleasure kind where you just can't stop watching. 200 some episodes in and I realized that the girl only just turned 18 (which really isn't that young, but I usually prefer shows about characters my age/older) but it was already 200 episodes (aka too late to do anything). I'm pretty sure they probably mentioned it earlier but I was going through episodes so fast, I probably missed it.

Anyway, how old is the fan base for the show? Because I tried the forum and it was a turn off of sorts for me. I have been a silent reader of this Pakistani Serial forum for a couple weeks and I liked the analysis/conversations so I thought that was the norm around here. Lmao. KYY forum was a rude awakening.

Still, good show. But like chips and dip kind of good (good, but it's junk food), it ain't no biryani, nomesayn?

And I REALLYY don't mean to offend anyone but their English accents are like nails on a chalkboard. Itni burai ki lekin phir bhi. It's a good show. Lol.

This has got to be my most random entry ever but OMIGOSH! I connect to you on a roohani level with this post! KY2 forum is one of the most ridiculously toxic places. It's nothing compared to the old classics like DMG and D3 but gah! That forum is the biggest turn off EVER. I was one of the first viewers of KY2, started watching it when it was merely 9 episodes old. No one knew about this show back then and it was mostly laughed upon. But then it got insanely popular and the forum was taken over by all kinds of phangurls, all of them on a collective mission to turn me off from the show. The people there are insane, in a very intellectual, holier than thou, 'i know best' sort of a way.

As for the age of the fanbase? It starts from 13 and goes till 34 xD Maybe even older but I know someone there who is 34 😆

On topic of drama recommendations: has anyone around here seen Noorpur Ki Rani? Starring Sanam Baloch, Nauman Eijaz, Mahnoor Baloch. It aired on HumTV. Never caught it again but it was an ah-mazing show! I had a legit crush on Azfar Rehman in that show. Aaah...Nofil 😳

Badtameez used to air on ARY when Khuda Aur Muhabbat used to air on Geo so no one paid attention to that show but my family used to loyally follow Badtameez and never saw one episode of KAM. It was light and hilarious, perfect for a family time.

Imran Abbas looked quite hot in NoorBano so you can check it out as well.

I watched Malal the other day and it's nice as well. Story revolving around characters than a particular plot. Imran Abbas as Jawad was great.

And since I am having Aunn Zara nostalgia tou putting that here as well. Aah..I do miss laughing till my tummy aches and AZ delivers just that. Plus with my thaten maarta pyaar for Obi, I am enjoying more than when it aired originally xD
grey23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

This has got to be my most random entry ever but OMIGOSH! I connect to you on a roohani level with this post! KY2 forum is one of the most ridiculously toxic places. It's nothing compared to the old classics like DMG and D3 but gah! That forum is the biggest turn off EVER. I was one of the first viewers of KY2, started watching it when it was merely 9 episodes old. No one knew about this show back then and it was mostly laughed upon. But then it got insanely popular and the forum was taken over by all kinds of phangurls, all of them on a collective mission to turn me off from the show. The people there are insane, in a very intellectual, holier than thou, 'i know best' sort of a way.

As for the age of the fanbase? It starts from 13 and goes till 34 xD Maybe even older but I know someone there who is 34 😆

On topic of drama recommendations: has anyone around here seen Noorpur Ki Rani? Starring Sanam Baloch, Nauman Eijaz, Mahnoor Baloch. It aired on HumTV. Never caught it again but it was an ah-mazing show! I had a legit crush on Azfar Rehman in that show. Aaah...Nofil 😳

Badtameez used to air on ARY when Khuda Aur Muhabbat used to air on Geo so no one paid attention to that show but my family used to loyally follow Badtameez and never saw one episode of KAM. It was light and hilarious, perfect for a family time.

Imran Abbas looked quite hot in NoorBano so you can check it out as well.

I watched Malal the other day and it's nice as well. Story revolving around characters than a particular plot. Imran Abbas as Jawad was great.

And since I am having Aunn Zara nostalgia tou putting that here as well. Aah..I do miss laughing till my tummy aches and AZ delivers just that. Plus with my thaten maarta pyaar for Obi, I am enjoying more than when it aired originally xD

i have same experience in nach baliye forum as u have in ky2 forum..some people just don't respect others opinion and try to thrust their opinion on other .i just get astonished how can someone be so abusive in any forum..some people think that what they think is only the right thing..to prove their fav best they go overboard...it is impossible to deal with over enthusiastic fans..i love this forum everyone is so lovely here..respect others opinion
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

The first half of 2015 has been a flop for geo and Ary

Ary has only ishq parast as their hit show

Geo had piya Mann. Bhaye as hit only

Hum had a few hits though ...ALVIDA...diyar e dil...aik pal...latest muqaddas and karb r getting trps but I m watching none

But others r all flop Like zidd dil ka kya rung karoon aye zindagi

Jugnoo is good but it's not getting trps

Aplus only superhit show is yousuf ...khuda Dekh raha HAIN did average trps...so it can b mentioned too

Other than these there want much shows to watch this season

Before I had so many shows to watch from Ary and geo as well but. They were total flop this season

Hope the 2nd portion of the yr bring better Ary and geo shows ...Geo has a very good line up ...I sw a promo of their upcoming shows ...don't know about Ary

Hum also has a very good future line up

So I m hopeful

Fingers crossed
Sonder. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -MitwaIshqPe-

Hey. Do give Dur-e-Shahwar and Meri Zaat Zara e Benishan a chance!

Checked out Meri Zaat Zara-e-Benishan! Looks supppaaa intense. And I know the OST. I visited Pakistan like 4 years back and everyone's moms, chachis, nanins, and phuppos had it as their ring tone.
Sonder. thumbnail

Originally posted by: brainychild92

Adeel Hussain?? He's my baby OMG I LOVE HIM!!!! Head over heels. I was so excited he was going to be in Bin Roye but its a guest :( But i'm still excited to watch it; just not as much now..lol
Anywhoo... I had a marathon of Adeel's shows recently.. not all of them but the recent ones that I can find... Watch Daam... I am not even kidding.. best drama ever. the dialogues, the acting... still gives me the chills thinking about it

Fahad Mustafa is not bad, but at the same time I wasn't amused too much with Kankar either. I liked him in Mastana Mahi although I heard many did not like that...

Yousaf, mean imran abbas? I started watching Pakistani dramas just for him.. it was Khuda aur Mohabbat if I am not mistaken.. My heart flutters at the mere utter of his name... I don't enjoy interviews but for him, I will go through them for hours! yeah i can get a little crazy but meri niyat saaf hai i promise ;)

YES, HIM. HE BE SUCH A MEGA DREAMBOAT. I WANT. And his facial hair are tbh dreamfloatillas on their own. Okay I checked out Daam's OST and it looks good but I can't find good quality.

Fahad Mustafa. Lmao. Can we not. I remember this one show my mom watched a longass time ago and he was gay or sumfin and like he was so perfect as that character, I just can't anymore with him. Literally (#whitegirlstatus). So imma stay far far away from him.

Okie. So I obvi have too much free time on my hands. Because I started Malaal (and finished Malaal). AND JAWAD. SOMEONE GET ME A JAWAD. I WANT. I'LL GIVE MY LEFT ARM AND A KIDNEY.

Okay mah Immi has such a deep voice for such a cute face it's such a turn on. Mera dilll.

Did I mention that I also started Mera Naam Yousuf Hai? Ooops. BUT WOAH. BLOWN AWAY BY HOW GOOD IT IS.
Edited by Sonder. - 9 years ago
Sonder. thumbnail

Originally posted by: grey23

if u want to watch fawad must watch zindegi gulzer hai..and yes dastan was based on the India Pakistan partition..daam,durre shawar these r also must watch!!! Trust me u won't regret watching these four..and yes haya is paired with old man here but trust me they justified the reason and had an awesome chemistry!! Give them try...:D and do post ur reviews!!!

I watched Zindagi Gulzar Hai. AH, MERI KASHAF. The Queen of Badasses from the Land of Badasses. For realz. Queen B, whaaat? DO YOU MEAN QUEEN K?

Imma watch Daam after I finish Mera Naam Yousuf Hai if someone can hook it up with some achidhanki quality.

okthanksbye.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Imran as Jawad was absolutely adorable. Jawad is arguably the kind of guy every girl would want. That show makes you really like Imran as an actor. Malaal is class apart. I also adored Zeenia and Jawad as a pair. Deepti Gupta is lovely. Such a wonderful actress.
I'd say Jawad is my favorite male Pakistani character from a television show ever.
Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Sonder: Fahad Mustafa is a brilliant actor. You should watch more of his work.