Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

5 I think. I'm not that huge about the show so not sure really.

5 toh bohat ziada hain.. it means they are going to drag it further..
Edited by Usman. - 11 years ago
snow007 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
zgh ki 9 epi baqi hain

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: snow007

zgh ki 9 epi baqi hain

WHATTT? 😲
But there's 20 episodes gone already. I thought total was 25.
Edited by BlackStar. - 11 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
pshhhttt, which show hasn't dragged in recent times? 😆

In recent times..lets be honest..a lot of Umera's shows have dragged at one point or the other. Qaid e Tanhai, Shehr e Zaat & Maat all dragged and people were whining about why it's getting dragged. Although in between a bit of dragging there were subtle messages and much brilliance portrayed by Umera. End result? they're considered some of her best work. There's more to Umera's work then just the pace. Point, with Umera you need patience..she's not going to give you drama and action where you're left with a cliffhanger in the end of every other episode. I thought that was pretty much a given with her?

In my opinion, this show is awesome. Which other show is better than this at the moment? The only show that I can even think of was Daagh..but that's over and even that had it's dragging moments. It's very unfair to watch one episode midway and give your opinion about how it's a bore fest. Sanam Saeed has never been so brilliant in her 3 yr career like she is in this show..given one watches it in the beginning and understands her character and the entire story around, only then ..I feel it's fair to say what this show really has to offer. Granted I too have had my share of concerns and issues throughout the show, and yes I have..in the bigger picture I feel this show is one of the best shows to have come out in recent times. This show really has a lot to show, but as always not everyone is satisfied and that's perfectly fine.

Further. I feel Umera's writing in this show is way better than the novel, and I have read the novel. Apart from the lack of interactions between Zaroon & Kashaf during univ days, there's nothing else that's below standards when compared to the novel. At this point this show is notches above it. I've heard this novel is one of Umera's very first, and to think she has two slaps in the novel is mind boggling (but perhaps it's because it's one of her first?)..especially when you have such a brilliant writer in mind. So, I also really don't see how at this point this show is behind the novel..and apart from that..people were complaining there were less scenes of Sanam & Fawad earlier on. Now that we do have episodes of them, some are complaining? 😆 People, make up your mind with this show. I have seen shows that hardly show any communication or understanding between couples and they fall in love or they hardly show any substantial scenes between the two leads at all, but focus on other side tracks..Here, we're finally getting scenes focused on the leads..I actually like it...but then that's me.

Once again, in my opinion ...Sanam has done such a good job in this drama..especially yesterday's episode..and not unless you've seen the entire show it's unfair to make a judgement. Not just Sanam, Fawad, Samina and everyone (except maybe Shehryar)

And, yes Sanam's Urdu isn't the clearest, but she has made massive improvement. I can name many top actresses write now that have a diction/Urdu speaking issue..yet even some of their work has more to offer than just their way of speaking Urdu onscreen...but we won't get into that.

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

WHATTT? 😲
But there's 20 episodes gone already. I thought total was 25.

yeah 5 episodes left or probably even less
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
It should be 5 otherwise It will be dragged and It will just spoil the pace and the story that it has picked up now
Last three episodes have been the most enjoyable ones from the whole show...I liked the fact that they are finally focussing on Zaroon-Kashaf
I don't know why anyone would be complaining about that since till episode 17 we had probably 2-3 Zaroon-Kashaf scnes per episode sometimes even less and sometimes none at all ...this is our chance of seeing the two together, its kind of making up for the very few scenes we had of them earlier
Pace of the show has been a problem, they could have done away with a lot of episodes where the story didn't move at all or probably added more Zaroon-Kashaf scenes from university...another thing they could have done was to explain why Zaroon decided to marry Kashaf, they could have added more scenes where he misses Kashaf like in the novel and why Kashaf decides to marry him
I guess that was probably the only phase where Novel had a better narrative than the drama...University had too much of Asmara wish they had added more Zaroon-Kashaf's fights there too
But at present I am really liking this show the post marriage phase is way way better than the novel...I am loving this show now❤️
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: starstruckk

pshhhttt, which show hasn't dragged in recent times? 😆
I agree.. hum do it with all their hit shows..

In my opinion, this show is awesome. Which other show is better than this at the moment? The only show that I can even think of was Daagh..but that's over and even that had it's dragging moments. It's very unfair to watch one episode midway and give your opinion about how it's a bore fest. Sanam Saeed has never been so brilliant in her 3 yr career like she is in this show..given one watches it in the beginning and understands her character and the entire story around, only then ..I feel it's fair to say what this show really has to offer. Granted I too have had my share of concerns and issues throughout the show, and yes I have..in the bigger picture I feel this show is one of the best shows to have come out in recent times. This show really has a lot to show, but as always not everyone is satisfied and that's perfectly fine.
i agree with you that no other show on air is better than ZGH.. infact i'm not even following any show these days besides the re-runs of Main Abdul Qadir Hoon, Annie ki aaye gi baraat & Ek nazar meri taraf. So yes, ZGH is better than the shows on air these days.. but that doesnt make it an awesome show for me...The show has always been a zig-zag journey for me.. I dint like how they introduced so many characters that were not even the part of the novel.. and finally when i got used to those characters they dont even show them any more 😆

Further. I feel Umera's writing in this show is way better than the novel, and I have read the novel. Apart from the lack of interactions between Zaroon & Kashaf during univ days, there's nothing else that's below standards when compared to the novel. At this point this show is notches above it. I've heard this novel is one of Umera's very first, and to think she has two slaps in the novel is mind boggling (but perhaps it's because it's one of her first?)..especially when you have such a brilliant writer in mind. So, I also really don't see how at this point this show is behind the novel..and apart from that..people were complaining there were less scenes of Sanam & Fawad earlier on. Now that we do have episodes of them, some are complaining? 😆 People, make up your mind with this show. I have seen shows that hardly show any communication or understanding between couples and they fall in love or they hardly show any substantial scenes between the two leads at all, but focus on other side tracks..Here, we're finally getting scenes focused on the leads..I actually like it...but then that's me.

bold: i was the one who was complaining of note showing their scenes in the university.. may be because i'm not much into romantic stuff and scenes involving them in university were far away from romance.. infact those were the best part of the novel which were chopped off...
the last 2 episodes i find them boring but many people loved them so i guess we should agree to disagree 😆

Word Count: 1

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Usman: yeah it's perfectly fine. I was going to say I can see how guys may have felt a bit meh with the romantic scenes..but lol, since we've hardly gotten any of their scenes in the beginning, I'm so glad that now we're seeing a lot of them..it only has been like that the past 2 or 3 episodes. And we still have to see them get torn apart for a bit..given there's only 4 or so episodes left..I don't see how they can drag anything now because they'll probably just have 2 episodes or so for the arguments and then they'll just patch up. Of course prolonging it beyond that can be a problem.

I think other than that it's just a matter of opinion about whether or not you love the show is understandable...and considering it's adapted from a novel and you liked the novel more..that debate is bound to happen.

Another thing..I feel Sanam Saeed stands out so much even though she has Fawad by her side. In a lot of shows that Fawad stars in, it's a bit difficult for the female actresses to make their own mark and be praised a notch more than him. Despite being a Fawad fan, I think Sanam Saeed surpasses him in many scenes and for that I think she deserves credit..which is why I think it's unfair to not watch the entire thing and make a judgement about her. The last time I thought someone stood out more than Fawad was Sanam Baloch as Bano in Dastaan...and here in many scenes, throughout, I thought Saeed was exceptional..to the extent that I felt she was better than Fawad in some of their scenes. I guess that's because Fawad doing great in romance is a given at this point..and he does it well and even beyond many times..but, what I've noticed & it's actually amusing is how some people find it hard to acknowledge/praise someone more than Fawad, especially if they love Fawad. I've read some supposed review sites..and majority just praise Fawad, Fawad, Fawad when it comes to this show..and it kills them to say much about Sanam ...which is just stupid to be honest. 😆
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I understand her Urdu perfectly, I don't know why but her Urdu reminds me of Dr Israr Ahmed, very poetic .
Sadia.khan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Meri zaat zara-e-benishan and shehre-zaat :)