Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

791198 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I don't think Sanam was given much of screen space as Syra, in Mera Naseeb. Now that I think back..a lot of things revolved around Nazia's character...which is why it never occurred to me that Sanam was supposedly as main as Syra..lol...also Syra was praised more than Sanam, which was just beyond me as she was nothing but mediocre at best. Though I kind of agree with Usman in the sense that they did try advertising the show as both Sanam & Syra's being equally there.

@Dex: yeah, Daam was her first..I agree. I didn't like her in Daam..I found her to be the weakest link in that show..but then again it was her first show and she wasn't as main as the other two girls so I didn't mind her too much..though her character was crazy annoying to watch 😆. The good thing about her is that she has improved a lot with every drama she has done thus far..and now I think she's amazing in ZGH..At this point, I really don't think anyone else would've done as well as her. Are you liking Daam at this point? as your half way in I think.

Yea it's great so far! You know what I like the most about Pakistani shows? They are so freaking realistic! I hadn't watched a fictional Desi show for almost a decade until Desu recommended QET. Since then, I love them. Even in Daam, I like how they pay so much attention to the little nuances of human relationships, all the scenes hold your attention really well. And there's a subtle message in each one of them as well. Like in Daam, I like how the pretentious religious Maamu's hypocrisy is shown not blatantly but in a humorous way. Yet, it still hits hard. It's really interesting.
Iqra, same feelings about imran :P
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

Yea it's great so far! You know what I like the most about Pakistani shows? They are so freaking realistic! I hadn't watched a fictional Desi show for almost a decade until Desu recommended QET. Since then, I love them. Even in Daam, I like how they pay so much attention to the little nuances of human relationships, all the scenes hold your attention really well. And there's a subtle message in each one of them as well. Like in Daam, I like how the pretentious religious Maamu's hypocrisy is shown not blatantly but in a humorous way. Yet, it still hits hard. It's really interesting.

I totally agree...the mamu was such an idiot, and the best part was that he was supposedly religious yet had no sense of humanity. 😆 I feel Umera's really big on subtle details in human relationships...and the best part is that it a lot of it leaves such an impact. There are other writers who do that as well but no one does it better than this woman, at least in my opinion.

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Yea when I'm hooked, I am hooked.😆

Oh yeah? Then Mera Naseeb is next after Malal! You guys are great! 🥳

i suggested one of my IF friends from India 'Autumn' (Sweta) to watch Malal.. she was so hooked to it that she finished it in two days 😆
watch out for the girl Nazia in mera naseeb.. i've had a crush on her for a long period of time (till she got married recently 😆😆)
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
talking about the character of mamoo in Daam.. i really liked how they made a dig on him in last episode
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Looks like you've been given a whole stack already 😆 Once you're through with themi'll introduce you to another artiste in Pak, Saleem Albela but that's for later :P
Edited by 2direct. - 11 years ago
That mamoo's character was so so realistic! ive seen so many people like that in real :/
Religious but full of pride and arrogance
noorchaandka thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
though i watched many dramas zgh touched me so much

maybe becoz the entire drama is so near to reality , let be campus scenes , family scenes romance scenes

-Goldstar- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
MZZB was good...
But ZGH is the best...
zanish_k thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I love Umera ahmed novels.but her novel zgh was not so impressive,may b bcoz it was her First novel attempt.but I feel drama is quite better than novel.So I'd say Zgh