Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 months ago

If you are saying overrated in 90s then I do not agree with you. She was amazing in Hum aap Ke hain kaun, Dil to pagal hai, parinda, lajja, Dil, Devdas and so many more.

As of today she is just passing her time and earning money. I do not think she cares for the competition or getting good roles. In her interview she said she did not missed Bollywood when she got Married and took a long break.

Some members mentioned Sridevi, well she always wanted to work in Bollywood, she crave for good roles, she paid extra attention on her dance rehearsals, always find ways to advance her skills. I think she was fabulous in English vinglish. She knew her career path and she never needed any PR team because that’s how good an actress and gracefully beautiful she was. I always loved Sridevi over Madhuri as an actress, dancer and how she connect with her fans. Unfortunately Madhuri is doing few movies to fit in the circle.

I just hope Madhuri can slow down with her Botox and fillers. She really does not need them. She is overusing it.

566912 thumbnail

Happiest Birthday to the evergreen star. smiley40

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Briaahna

i feel like you just insulted my momsmiley36. Madhuri was her icon like sridevi is yours. you are also hanging on to sridevi maybe associated with your childhood.smiley36 mera bachpan revolved around madhuri dixit and i am proud of it. deal with it. Madhuri was, is and will be an icon forever, one of the most loved. sridevi was huge, force to be reckoned with, but if anyone challenged her and toppled her was madhuri dixit. i know it hurts, but like i said deal with it. oh and yes, sridevi is an icon too, absolutely a fab actor, even better actor than madhuri. but madhuri wave was on another level, still yet to be witnessed in bollywood. that didi tera devar deewana..smiley42

Ew. Sorry Sridevi was not my childhood, I wasn't even born when she was in her prime. And sure, Madhuri WAS iconic the same Katrina was iconic during her prime. Does it matter now? No. I also find it ironic that both Karishma and Ash destroyed her in their dance-offs with her smiley36supposed best dancer she is na?

For me, Sridevi, Tabu, and even Rani Mukerjee are far more superior that Madhuri. I am sure Madhuri was a rage with all the provacative chest-pumping she did in her prime but as of right now I dont see her as an icon.

Madhuri was an icon, is currently a wannabe and will forever be remembered for things that have nothing to do with acting.

Briaahna thumbnail

Dhakdhak Bollywood GIF - Dhakdhak Bollywood GIFs

Word Count: 0

Briaahna thumbnail

Madhuri Dixit Channe Ke Khet Mein GIF - Madhuri Dixit Channe Ke Khet Mein Anjaam GIFs

Briaahna thumbnail

smiley42

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Briaahna

i feel like you just insulted my momsmiley36. Madhuri was her icon like sridevi is yours. you are also hanging on to sridevi maybe associated with your childhood.smiley36 mera bachpan revolved around madhuri dixit and i am proud of it. deal with it. Madhuri was, is and will be an icon forever, one of the most loved. sridevi was huge, force to be reckoned with, but if anyone challenged her and toppled her was madhuri dixit. i know it hurts, but like i said deal with it. oh and yes, sridevi is an icon too, absolutely a fab actor, even better actor than madhuri. but madhuri wave was on another level, still yet to be witnessed in bollywood. that didi tera devar deewana..smiley42

One drawback of Sri as n actor was her diction. It wasnt clear. Somewhat like Kangana.

Thats y Madhuri has more memorable dialogues than Sridevi

Zilan thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sci-Fi Squad

Originally posted by: Bekind

If you are saying overrated in 90s then I do not agree with you. She was amazing in Hum aap Ke hain kaun, Dil to pagal hai, parinda, lajja, Dil, Devdas and so many more.

As of today she is just passing her time and earning money. I do not think she cares for the competition or getting good roles. In her interview she said she did not missed Bollywood when she got Married and took a long break.

Some members mentioned Sridevi, well she always wanted to work in Bollywood, she crave for good roles, she paid extra attention on her dance rehearsals, always find ways to advance her skills. I think she was fabulous in English vinglish. She knew her career path and she never needed any PR team because that’s how good an actress and gracefully beautiful she was. I always loved Sridevi over Madhuri as an actress, dancer and how she connect with her fans. Unfortunately Madhuri is doing few movies to fit in the circle.

I just hope Madhuri can slow down with her Botox and fillers. She really does not need them. She is overusing it.

to add to this I want to know who was better or underrated during her era. Remember that 90s stars didn't have a lot of references to go through and she was still very emotive. It's not about childhood nostalgia but not everything needs criticism or be called overrated 🤷
Briaahna thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

One drawback of Sri as n actor was her diction. It wasnt clear. Somewhat like Kangana.

Thats y Madhuri has more memorable dialogues than Sridevi

Sridevi ruined some of her movies cos of her dictation, hard on ears. . i believe Rekha used to do dubbing for her initially. but not taking away from her, she spoke with her eyes.
BubbleTea thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

Bhai can’t even act these days anymore. Worry about that first 🙄

Edited by BubbleTea - 5 months ago