Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 months ago

She’s iconic for me! The soul of many of my top fav movies. Yes maybe she could’ve experimented a bit more but I remember watching Gupt and being blown away. She made female villains be a trend. She set the standard for romantic movies AND even in roles like Fanaa.

I personally love the way she emotes and cries! I think it’s so natural and believable. They don’t make em like her anymore!

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Simple answer?? No.

Kajol is a natural actor her expressions are always on point and she is one of the best on screen crier if not the best. She emotes so beautifully sometimes you forget she’s acting and she’s always grounded in her performance. She may have not “experimented” as much as we would have liked but that doesn’t take away from her talent.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

No! Most of my favorites films from the 90s starred her. Despite her unconventional looks (at that time), she had great screen presence. She was very expressive, particularly during emotional scenes.smiley20

She became way too choosy post her marriage, otherwise she would've an even bigger star in the 2000s.

I think she has also aged very well. smiley32 Despite not working regularly in films, she did not let herself go and has kept herself fit.
Kajol has a new hairstyle. Check out her pic.

Aside from the obvious skin-bleaching, she regularly works out and takes good care of her diet.smiley20 She lives a very stress-free life, does not worry about making money (since her husband makes enoughsmiley36) and most importantly, she does not spend time with people (or things) she don't like. I've mostly seen her laughing, cracking jokes and full of energy.smiley36

I think all of that has made her age very well, as compared to her contemporaries. She is very underrated in that department.smiley20

Edited by diasingh2 - 3 months ago
Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7

SRK, Kajol, and Sridevi were the reasons I was initially drawn to Bollywood. When she stopped acting during her peak after delivering a blockbuster movie, it was disappointing to many. Early pregnancy wasn't a brave decision of any of this era's stars, but decades ago, Kajol made a similar choice. True, she wasn't ambitious and took her career and success for granted, but she was a good actress at her peak and delivered performances the audience of those days wished for. Until I became a member of IF, I was sure that Kajol was one of the favorite actresses and that the SRK-Kajol pairing was the most sought-after pairing for Bollywood movie lovers,but as always IF gave a totally different picture.

Edited by Kamala05 - 3 months ago

YES.

Word Count: 1

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Not really. I do think she is a fab actress. On the contrary look at her sister Tanisha, can’t do even one scene properly to save her life.

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

She is a good actress , I'd rewatch Pyaar toh hona hi tha for the 15th time just for her. But she's lazy, never really strayed out of her comfort zone. She's too Kajoly in all her roles. Not for lack of talent but she knows people would watch her anyway. So in that sense she's overrated. And like someone said above ,she's very much a 90s actress and hasn't done anything to move on from that. Tribhanga was unbearable because of the bad acting. The shrieky voice and the forced swearing.

Edited by SavitaBarbie - 3 months ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Kamala05

SRK, Kajol, and Sridevi were the reasons I was initially drawn to Bollywood. When she stopped acting during her peak after delivering a blockbuster movie, it was disappointing to many. Early pregnancy wasn't a brave decision of any of this era's stars, but decades ago, Kajol made a similar choice. True, she wasn't ambitious and took her career and success for granted, but she was a good actress at her peak and delivered performances the audience of those days wished for. Until I became a member of IF, I was sure that Kajol was one of the favorite actresses and that the SRK-Kajol pairing was the most sought-after pairing for Bollywood movie lovers,but as always IF gave a totally different picture.

Yeah I belong to a small town in India and Kajol was everyone’s fav actress followed by Madhuri and Juhi. But she was the first choice with SRK almost for everyone. Then MNIK promotions and everything I thought the world thought the same. I was in IF but not very active in BWF. Then I joined BWF which totally discards SRK-Kajol pairing. Yes, sometimes BWF is funny and unreal. Everyone loves SRK-Kajol. smiley42smiley43 Period. smiley7

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Yeah I belong to a small town in India and Kajol was everyone’s fav actress followed by Madhuri and Juhi. But she was the first choice with SRK almost for everyone. Then MNIK promotions and everything I thought the world thought the same. I was in IF but not very active in BWF. Then I joined BWF which totally discards SRK-Kajol pairing. Yes, sometimes BWF is funny and unreal. Everyone loves SRK-Kajol. smiley42smiley43 Period. smiley7

Screw me but I find them the most overrated pairing ever smiley24
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: infinity101

Screw me but I find them the most overrated pairing ever smiley24

No I won’t screw you but rather myself that there are people who find THEM overrated. smiley13 Terribly sad, terribly….. just….. smiley38