Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

1. Madhuri Dixit

Madhuri Dixit

Image: Madhuri Dixit

Numero uno, again?

Clearly, the response to Aaja Nachle doesn't change much.

No actress until Madhuri Dixit has had enjoyed such a heady hold on her audience. Many have emulated her since but found half the success.

Right from Mohini's Ek do teen phenomenon in Tezaab to the delicate adas of Chandramukhi in Devdas, Madhuri, of the million-dollar smile, of the radiant expressions, of the nimble, abandoned dance moves, is a complete package.

From embodying vulnerability in Parinda, strength in Mrityudand, romance in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and M F Hussain's free-flowing inspiration in Gaja Gamini, her surreal charms are a yardstick for greatness.

Edited by Maroonporsche - 5 months ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Compare her Gajagamini walk, or even her normal walk to DP and Aditi and u get ur answer.

She has beauty, grace, elegance and adaa that very few can match.

A fab actress too..that style may appear dated today and new gen may not get the hype..just like I never understood the hype n appeal around Dilipkumar, Nargis, Rajkumar or Meenakumari.

But thats how movies were in that era and these actors were popular. My perception doesnt take away from their stardom.

And not one actress after Madhuri has generated that kind of craze. She is a star

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Yaha I-F pe har koi overrated hota he...maje ki baat ye he ki wo underrated bhi hota he. smiley36

I personally love Madhuri...she is amazing. smiley27

Par aaj use chandan kyu lagaya ja raha he? smiley19

Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Youre calling a diva like Madhuri overrated? smiley7You know who is?

Alia and Kat. hands down.

v_nakshara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Madhuri is highly overrated. She is a great dancer but an average actress. As an actress, she hasn't evolved with time, still doing the 90s style acting which look very cringe now.

I remember when she shot to fame in 1988 with Tezaab. She peaked with Hum Aapke Hair Kaun and Raja in 1995 and after that Kajol, Karishma took over. She's a great dancer but she's supposed to be an actress and as an actress she's highly overrated. She hasn't evolved with time and still does those cringeworthy expressions on dance shows nowadays.

This video appeared on my YouTube feed today and Madhuri is so bad in it.

https://youtu.be/KgSdwZ_KCvI?si=ReVJw4MVsBZx7Jf9

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Yes, she is definitely overrated as an actress, with a lot of hype surrounding her. Her acting skills and performances are nothing exceptional.

There are numerous popular and less popular actresses in Bollywood who have acted, or are acting, far better than her.

• Rani Mukherjee - 10 times better
  • Vidya Balan - 8 times better
  • Tabu - 2 times better
  • Rekha - 2 times better
  • Kareena Kapoor - 2 times better
  • Sridevi - 10 times better
  • Kangana Ranaut - 2 times better
  • Radhika Apte - 2 times better

I’m not very familiar with older actresses, but I’m sure there are many among them who also have or had greater acting talent than this actress.

Honestly I agree. I think most of her fans "hang on" to her because she's associated with their childhood. Otherwise I feel that she has nothing to offer. All she does is make these strange facial expressions.

Sridevi is the true superstar because she took a long break but then came back and NAILED it with English Vinglish and her performance in the movie Mom. One of her breakdown scenes from Mom is actually being used as a lesson in an acting masterclass!

What is Madhuri doing? The same things she did in the 90's. Thats why her career hasn't gone anywhere and she's still twirling and doing all those things. She has had ZERO growth as an artist.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 5 months ago
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Honestly I agree. I think most of her fans "hang on" to her because she's associated with their childhood. Otherwise I feel that she has nothing to offer. All she does is make these strange facial expressions.

Sridevi is the true superstar because she took a long break but then came back and NAILED it with English Vinglish and her performance in the movie Mom. One of her breakdown scenes from Mom is actually being used as a lesson in an acting masterclass!

What is Madhuri doing? The same things she did in the 90's. Thats why her career hasn't gone anywhere and she's still twirling and doing all those things. She has had ZERO growth as an artist.

I kinda agree. Why doesn’t she do some interesting projects instead of being a judge on a dance show again and again? Has she reduced herself to that only? Surely she could get something on OTT.
Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

how did u do the calculations?

nailed itsmiley37

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

i feel like you just insulted my momsmiley36. Madhuri was her icon like sridevi is yours. you are also hanging on to sridevi maybe associated with your childhood.smiley36 mera bachpan revolved around madhuri dixit and i am proud of it. deal with it. Madhuri was, is and will be an icon forever, one of the most loved. sridevi was huge, force to be reckoned with, but if anyone challenged her and toppled her was madhuri dixit. i know it hurts, but like i said deal with it. oh and yes, sridevi is an icon too, absolutely a fab actor, even better actor than madhuri. but madhuri wave was on another level, still yet to be witnessed in bollywood. that didi tera devar deewana..smiley42

566912 thumbnail

No she is not. Salman khan is overrated.