Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

I loveddddd Kajol growing up..like she is magnetic on screen..I have watched Mere Haath main tera haath ho song so many times..just to see Kajol just bewitch you with her fantastic screen presence. Ofcourse all the movies with SRK..even Janam Janam in Dilwale was beautiful (movie was unbearable..) but as an actress..Gupt and Dushman were a satisfying watch

BUT..I should never watch interviews of folks I like/ used to like. She simply has no manners and is too brash..thats not being frank..thats just rude. She could be like one of those people who talk while chewing food..smiley21 havent watched anything of hers in the last couple of months.

I never found Kajol RUDE in her interviews, tbh....

She is just frank, a free spirit and a bindaas person who you enjoy listening to....but still intelligent and knows what not to say.

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Oh she is very overrated and I don’t find her very talented either…plus she is far from pretty and glamorous as well smiley24

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yes she over cated in most movies

In gupt i cannot bear her screaming kyun baba kyun

a better actress would give spine chilling performance in gupt kind of movie like tabu or urmila

same with kabhi kushi kabhi gham etc over acting to core

Bec shes tanuja daughter she got chance or she had no looks or dancing skills and mediocre acting skills

Shes lucky to have become paired with SRK or she would be flop actress with her mediocre talent be it dance or acting or dressing nothing was good

Edited by myviewprem - 1 months ago
monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Kajol is Alia Bhatt of 90s

Shoved in all possible movies, when the likes of Madhuri, Manisha, Urmila, Sonali, Rani, Preity were present

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: monu_tan

Shoved in all possible movies, when the likes of Madhuri, Manisha, Urmila, Sonali, Rani, Preity were present

Shoved by who though? She didn't have some benefactor pushing her in every film unless you mean KJo. She was much more popular and influential than KJo in the 90s when he was a nobody. He asked her and SRK on the set of DDLJ if they would star in his directorial film. They both agreed out of friendship. Mani Ratnam wanted Kajol for Dil Se and it was Kajol's dream to work with him but she said no because she had already committed to KJo and would not break a promise, even though KJo told her to go ahead and do Dil Se.

KKHH made KJo famous and established him. After that, Kajol only did his K3G and My Name is Khan. Every other film she did she got without him since she was always bigger than him during her prime era when she was acting regularly. Mani Ratnam wouldn't have picked her for Dil Se if she was a nobody.

Even in the 90s, her non-SRK films after DDLJ were mostly successful.

Yeh Dillagi = hit (before DDLJ in fact)

Gupt = hit

Ishq = super hit

Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya = super hit

Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha = super hit

Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain = super hit

Fanaa = super hit

She was also offered Gadar but turned it down so it's not even that she was only offered movies with SRK.

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: monu_tan

Sonali was a B grade actress of 90s with strictly average acting skills and a very dull screen presence, despite having a beautiful face.

Juhi, Kajol, Karishma, Raveena and even Pooja Bhatt's names should be there in place of Sonali, as all of them were much more capable and much more popular actresses than a flop B grade Sonali Bendre of 90s.

I always fail to understand why this delulu forum hail her so much and make her sit on the pedestal where she never was in her career, to begin with.

.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

No

She is made for the big screen.

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Shoved by who though? She didn't have some benefactor pushing her in every film unless you mean KJo. She was much more popular and influential than KJo in the 90s when he was a nobody. He asked her and SRK on the set of DDLJ if they would star in his directorial film. They both agreed out of friendship. Mani Ratnam wanted Kajol for Dil Se and it was Kajol's dream to work with him but she said no because she had already committed to KJo and would not break a promise, even though KJo told her to go ahead and do Dil Se.

KKHH made KJo famous and established him. After that, Kajol only did his K3G and My Name is Khan. Every other film she did she got without him since she was always bigger than him during her prime era when she was acting regularly. Mani Ratnam wouldn't have picked her for Dil Se if she was a nobody.

Even in the 90s, her non-SRK films after DDLJ were mostly successful.

Yeh Dillagi = hit (before DDLJ in fact)

Gupt = hit

Ishq = super hit

Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya = super hit (it was semi hit)

Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha = super hit (semi hit)

Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain = super hit (semi hit)

Fanaa = super hit

She was also offered Gadar but turned it down so it's not even that she was only offered movies with SRK.

Kajol belongs to shobhana samarth family (grand mom) and her grand dad owned studios in 1930s

Her uncle include joy mukherjee and nutan

Many producers and actors are from their family

If you think she just landed in movies as heroine without back up and support or got all those films based on her talent(non existamt looks, acting or dancing) while likes of madhuri dixit, juhi chawla struggled 5 to 7 years to get a decent heroine role you have no idea about bollywood

Imagine some outsider looking as like kajol and no dance ability no much acting will they get a side actress role in bollywood forget heroine opp SRK, amir etc

Kajol got the roles because of her family connections not on her ability or dancing or looks

Same with rani mukherjee or karishma or many others in 90s

They all groomed themselves later after 5 to 7 years in industry and learnt a bit of craft some more some less

An outsider would not get so many years to groom themselves into heroine role or learn a bit of acting

For ex vidya balan from first movie had to do good acting or depika padukone from first movie had to look like a princess with beauty and dance like a dream or amrita rao had to know acting from first movie only they were not given 5 to 7 years to improve

Edited by myviewprem - 1 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

I always fail to understand why this delulu forum hail her so much and make her sit on the pedestal where she never was in her career, to begin with.

Kajol doesnt get roles like Rani or Kareena do now ? Speaks to 90s shenanigans lol

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Kajol doesnt get roles like Rani or Kareena do now ? Speaks to 90s shenanigans lol

It was about Sonali Bendre