Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago

Sonam’s wohoo is cringe every time I watch it!

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

As I already wrote in another thread: I'm - mostly - neither fond of concepts ending on -ism nor do I like people termed with -ist at the end...it's too easy to put them into boxes...and that one should not (during lifetime), imo.

So, as Bekind tagged me, I admit that I don't believe in the concept of feminism and that I'm not a feminist...I think, that what each of the four said had some value and also is debatable.

What I personally would wish instead of equality would be respect, attention and compassion...to elaborate that, it would be a long essay, so, I shorten it:

respect would bring the opportunities, equal rights, the valorisation of the tasks chosen - for men, women and children.

attention would bring the possibility to lend a helping hand, to educate, to change what should get changed.

compassion would bring an understanding about motivation of others, a willingness to learn about others, an inclination to not being judgemental.

Edited by Clochette - 6 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

This feels like a game. Please separate the well informed ones from the bimbos.

Kareena segment is basically a meme. Tell me you have no clue what feminism means without telling me you have no clue what feminism means.

Um. Priyanka weaponises feminist and woke rhetoric to bolster her brand in the US. She says the exact opposite in India.

If Bollywood has any pseudo feminists, Priyanka and [redacted] are it.

Feminism is not just when it brings you money and makes your life easier. It is being consistent and standing with all the oppressed.

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

Kareena be like : I don't drink water, I drink double molecules of water and single molecule of oxygen

Sonam: Wooooooo

Swara: *dies a little every single second at the nepo dumbness*

P.s. yes the water comment was a comment on IG reel😅

* Dihydrogen monoxide

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

* Dihydrogen monoxide

Yeh itna bada bada samjhega nahi na😅 nahi toh basic feminism hi samajh leti😅

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

PC articulated it really well. Kat was a beauty pageant kind of answer. Kareena and Nora didn’t make sense. Would like to see the context behind what Nora said, the full clip

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

Um. Priyanka weaponises feminist and woke rhetoric to bolster her brand in the US. She says the exact opposite in India.

If Bollywood has any pseudo feminists, Priyanka and [redacted] are it.

Feminism is not just when it brings you money and makes your life easier. It is being consistent and standing with all the oppressed.

Priyanka is very shrewd and PR savvy so I’m not doubting it. But I don’t know if any instances where she said the opposite in India. Can you please give an example?

In that video however her statement was a very well thought out and concise explanation of what feminism. She may not be consistent but in that moment she gave a solid response.

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Priyanka is very shrewd and PR savvy so I’m not doubting it. But I don’t know if any instances where she said the opposite in India. Can you please give an example?

In that video however her statement was a very well thought out and concise explanation of what feminism. She may not be consistent but in that moment she gave a solid response.

https://qz.com/india/509617/sorry-to-break-it-to-you-priyanka-chopra-but-youre-a-feminist

I am not disagreeing with you either. She did give a standard, privileged girlbawse answer of feminism when the other respondants are all-lives-matter-KKK and women-are-nurturers-Nora.

She does not acknowledge her privilege neither works towards dismantling it. She is feminist in the way that Barbie is feminist— a long-form ad for Mattel that challenges no status-quo.

Not only has she been contradictory about definitions of feminism but she sides with many anti-women shit when it's convenient.

This woman thought launching a reality show where grassroot American activists "compete" for funding was a remotely decent idea for a for-profit show. She really is hated in those spaces. POC, GenZ Americans rarely buy into her woke branding, and she has burnt her bridges in Bollywood, so don't think she's as PR-savvy as she thinks.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/sep/16/the-activist-reality-tv-show-to-be-reimagined-as-documentary-after-backlash

Edited by Blueeeee - 6 months ago
BBOTT thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Kareena clearly believes in patriarchy.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

When talking about concepts (which feminism is) then one should either agree to that concept with full knowledge or at least be honest about the own place.

Refering to what I heard in the snippets shown in the first post, Kareena seems to be the most honest one. She is first a human being (I agree), then a woman (I agree) and she believes in equality (she has it as she is known as much as Saif's wife as a star herself).

I don't like the term "gender equality" in discussions about the feminism concept. I know that the focus is more on social and cultural differences and not biological ones (gender now encompasses each identity persons give themselves - including identities that do not correspond to the male-female canon). Using it in the concept of feminism is wrong as here, the focus is on women/girls and their position and treatment in society.

So Katrina doesn't talk about feminism but a larger concept.

Nora is against the concept of feminism and dishonest in her arguing.

Priyanka talks about one point of the concept but comes across (in my hearing) as pretentious.