Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

This should be merged with that dumb people thread. 😆. Does he think she meant to do it literally ? ( I'd like to sleep with Russians . They are angry in a sexy way so I want to know if they're sexy in an angry way. )

Javed is the one to talk ! He arranged a cake on Shabhana's birthday ,that was modelled like a slum. With a naali and all . No pun intended but that's disgusting. You'd think somebody like him who writes good lyrics would know better

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I don't remember such a dialogue (the English translation in the article). Why exactly take this movie??? Was Javed angered that all the song-lyrics had been written by Gulzar (baring the one from Aditya).

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

He arranged a cake on Shabhana's birthday ,that was modelled like a slum. With a naali and all .

What? Why?smiley39 Kya intellectual reasoning tha behind that?

SavitaBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Daebak

What? Why?smiley39 Kya intellectual reasoning tha behind that?

It was her 60th birthday. They were celebrating at a posh hotel. Javed thought it would be witty to bring a cake that looked like a slum. It said Shabana ka makan Gali no 60 or something. There were little shanties and a sewer that cut right across the cake.

The reasoning? Well she used to do charity work in the slums. This was years ago. I was shocked to read about it. Poetry ,awareness ,gyan , atheism ,feminism , highest civilian awards all that and they ended up doing something like this. She defended it . Anyway now when I see her botoxed face I'm not one bit surprised. She's a member of the National Intergration Council and was a goodwill ambassador

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Was Javed angered that all the song-lyrics had been written by Gulzar (baring the one from Aditya).

is that always what drives criticism ? Jealousy )
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

This should be merged with that dumb people thread. 😆. Does he think she meant to do it literally ? ( I'd like to sleep with Russians . They are angry in a sexy way so I want to know if they're sexy in an angry way. )

Javed is the one to talk ! He arranged a cake on Shabhana's birthday ,that was modelled like a slum. With a naali and all . No pun intended but that's disgusting. You'd think somebody like him who writes good lyrics would know better

@bold- Omg really?smiley3These people are weird af! Aisa cake kaun banwata hai smiley29
SavitaBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

@bold- Omg really?smiley3These people are weird af! Aisa cake kaun banwata hai smiley29

The height of insensitivity.

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I didnt expect Javed Akhtar to say this. I am his big fan, athiesm, equality etc. but he seemed to have forgotten the very point of feminism before talking about it i.e. a woman can and do anything she wants by ‘her choice’ within the legal boundary of the law of land, and that’s about it. Why should others dictate or even come to her explaining the meaning of feminism like Akhtar did just now ? Har ladki ne theka le rakha hai kya to know and learn about feminism ? smiley44 The girl from JTHJ (honestly cant remember who said it, bakwas movie) was just living her life ! Let her be and that’s all people might want after all ! smiley36

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

is that always what drives criticism ? Jealousy )

Not "always" but often, I suppose.