Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

Hmm. But the 15 years seems tad too much. I know that pyaar mein doesn't matter but mujhe personally itnaaaa age diff thoda cringe lagta hai. I dont know why 7-10 years seems better than 15 years but it does.

The experience bit in the show seems relative. Theres no indication of how much experience he really has over Rohit etc. Lol.

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Hmm. But the 15 years seems tad too much. I know that pyaar mein doesn't matter but mujhe personally itnaaaa age diff thoda cringe lagta hai. I dont know why 7-10 years seems better than 15 years but it does.

The experience bit in the show seems relative. Theres no indication of how much experience he really has over Rohit etc. Lol.

I agree 15 is not ideal for many people.

And as I said I have no idea what is armaan's exact age..so ro's age is the one I am using. But we know abhira is not older than 23-24 years.

And Rohit in the show seems to have even less experience than abhira to me...smiley36

And to me them having a big age gap was always very transparent. Everyone kept telling armaan she brings out his child, he is living his childhood with her. Also his behaviour towards abhira from the beginning makes sense with a bigger age gap. He puts his guard down around her, like most adults around kids. And every time he looked at her when she did something good.. it was like..wow!!!!!!. Wonderment. Like how you do with a child. Ironing her cloths, making sure she is eating. That was very paternal action from his side not romantic initially.

So to me, I guess I don't mind it that much. 😂

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: wallflowergirl

Yes, in the show abhira might never do that. But you will get to read in the next chapter why and what made abhira reach this decision.

I do too. I am hoping in the show at least this time we get a proper honeymoon track without any drama.🙏 Only one episode on Fastrack would also suffice but no kidnapping, murder, arrest on honeymoon. Just plain old simple vacation scenes that's all I want.

Thank you, I got this inspiration from mamla legal hai. 😅 But I think this plot has a potential to kill a lot of birds and still get trp if the makers ever decide to go this way. Otherwise, mein apne dil hu aise hi fanfiction ka sahara de dungi 🤭

Ooohhh yes I'm sure that if Abhira took such a decision, something must have happened for her to do it. I'm sure you've got something interesting up your sleeve so I'm very excited to see what it is!

But yes drama free honeymoon for a dkp couple is too much to ask for. Kuch toh pakka hoga and things will go haywire for them if they even get to go on a honeymoon.

Honestly I don't think they will ever let armaan leave the house+firm on the show so becoming a judge is even more far-fetched but that's why we got fic!!

Originally posted by: DMGThings

I'm sure you've got something interesting up your sleeve so I'm very excited to see what it is!

But yes drama free honeymoon for a dkp couple is too much to ask for.

Honestly I don't think they will ever let armaan leave the house+firm on the show

I will try to keep it interesting 😜

Yes, honeymoon in itv land is never good smiley39they hear honeymoon and go crazy over it..smiley36

Armaan is poddar's ka forever prisoner. Kala Pani ki saza mili hai isko 😂

Pinecone thumbnail

Originally posted by: wallflowergirl

I agree 15 is not ideal for many people.

And as I said I have no idea what is armaan's exact age..so ro's age is the one I am using. But we know abhira is not older than 23-24 years.

And Rohit in the show seems to have even less experience than abhira to me...smiley36

And to me them having a big age gap was always very transparent. Everyone kept telling armaan she brings out his child, he is living his childhood with her. Also his behaviour towards abhira from the beginning makes sense with a bigger age gap. He puts his guard down around her, like most adults around kids. And every time he looked at her when she did something good.. it was like..wow!!!!!!. Wonderment. Like how you do with a child. Ironing her cloths, making sure she is eating. That was very paternal action from his side not romantic initially.

So to me, I guess I don't mind it that much. 😂

I didnt ever see him as "paternal" even on the show , only as protective. she had no one except him. to me it just seemed like he knew she was an only child of a single parent who was lost without her mom. She was chaotic but not like a child perse. so he was making her fit into the organized, disciplined, conservative setup of his house. He never got to enjoy his childhood and Abhira has always lived in the moment, carefree, zinda dil, confident, happy type person. And Armaan in her company gets to enjoy it too. maybe he'd have been a little more like her if he wasnt burdened by being a golden boy because his current goofiness is pretty effortless. its like he always had a little bit of this persona inside him but it is only released in front of an Abhira. Its not for everyone, only a select few. seems like even Rohit could bring him out of his shell before Abhira but then he left.

to me Armaan looks younger than his real age. RoPu is fit and can pull off a 32-33 year old with makeup and Sam can pull off a 23-24 year old even though she is older in real life.

olsen_124 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Loved it so so much...... Aww baby AbhiMaan..... Yes I would love a Armaan who knows what he wants and it's Abhira and his and his unborn child's happiness.....

Poddar house is going to be shocked...... pregnant Abhira & judge Armaan

I didnt ever see him as "paternal" even on the show , only as protective. she had no one except him. to me it just seemed like he knew she was an only child of a single parent who was lost without her mom. She was chaotic but not like a child perse. so he was making her fit into the organized, disciplined, conservative setup of his house. He never got to enjoy his childhood and Abhira has always lived in the moment, carefree, zinda dil, confident, happy type person. And Armaan in her company gets to enjoy it too. maybe he'd have been a little more like her if he wasnt burdened by being a golden boy because his current goofiness is pretty effortless. its like he always had a little bit of this persona inside him but it is only released in front of an Abhira. Its not for everyone, only a select few. seems like even Rohit could bring him out of his shell before Abhira but then he left.

to me Armaan looks younger than his real age. RoPu is fit and can pull off a 32-33 year old with makeup and Sam can pull off a 23-24 year old even though she is older in real life.

He wasn’t exactly paternal to her, but that role used to come very naturally to him,I believe. He was used to taking care of his cousins and brother. I am not saying he saw Abhira in that capacity or as a father figure, but as someone who could find comfort in that care taking part of him.

It was later he realised that it can be an equal give and take relationship or friendship, where he is not the only one taking care of others emotionally. Abhira was also thinking about him, taking stands for him, being an equal partner in her own way. when he realised that it can actually be proper relationship for a time being not just him taking care of her he started seeing her in different light. He started opening up to her.

And protectiveness is in his nature, he always had 5 younger sibling/cousins to look after.

I never meant Abhira was a child, I meant she was like a child to him initially. Their age gap even if it’s not 15 years it’s still at least 10 years easily. And a person who is 10 years younger to us, we consider as a child, we even sometimes treat them as a child. And Abhira was a college student. No matter however mature she acts, she is a child compared to him in age. Her being this young was one of the reasons he mostly took her side.

He used to keep reminding himself that she is young, she is his responsibility, there is no one else in the world except him to take care of her, he needs to make sure she becomes a lawyer and becomes independent.

These are the things parents think for their kids, they just do their job not expecting anything in return and Armaan used to think and say these things. He thoughts were a little paternal towards her initially, but they faded away with time, when he started feeling for her.

And I believe a lot of poignancy got scrapped from the show and slow transitions when the lead got changed. They fast tracked the entire story line, amidst which a lot of character development got lost.

And we don’t have agree on what is it and what’s it not. We all have our own perspective, we see same show but understand each character differently. I have my own understanding and you can have your own. It’s okay if our views on the character do not match, that is why it’s more interesting to interact with each other here. Different perspectives coming together. I might learn something from you, you might learn something from me.

Pinecone thumbnail

One thing I feel is he didn't always take her side. He was always protective but he often didn't take her side, picking Ruhi and family over her. He has taken her for granted a lot. Asking her to adjust. He actually forgot very quickly about the circumstances of why she ended up with him. He took to being in her life so easily that he forgot why she was even there. He supported her education and career but even there he let her take the lead and supported from the side, hesitant to confront his dadi. He could ask Ab to apologize to Ruhi but never vice versa unless it was extreme situation. Rather than take her side he often took the haq to project his frustration on her because no one else ever gave him that haq. He knew she'd forgive him or not judge him if he vented at her. He is always walking on eggshells around Ruhi and his family, even younger siblings but with Abhira he was often very direct and confrontational completely against his character. He would often vent first and then go apologize later when he realized he over reacted or he was wrong. But with others he never did that. He always weighs his words. Its only now when he's head over heels in love that he's found the courage to step up and speak his mind to everyone when Abhira and his relationship is on the line.

Also imo theres a distinct difference between protecive and parental even though theres overlapping gestures and the thing I appreciate most is that he never got "parental" because if he did this love story would look really weird now. He used to always be a friend but an older friend who feels like he has the right to give advice or make decisions on her behalf or expect her to comply with his expectations of her. He never saw her as a "wife" in an intimate way until much later and even with that he used to often respond like a spouse in terms of caring or referring to themselves as a single unit without even realizing it and then get awkward or defensive if people pointed it out to him.

His siblings,and Vidya, chachi , even Ruhi all saw him behave as a regular husband to Abhira even before he acknowledged it. But He lived in denial because he was fixated on zimmedari.

Edited by Pinecone - 1 months ago

One thing I feel is he didn't always take her side. He was always protective but he often didn't take her side, picking Ruhi and family over her. He has taken her for granted a lot. Asking her to adjust. He actually forgot very quickly about the circumstances of why she ended up with him. He took to being in her life so easily that he forgot why she was even there. He supported her education and career but even there he let her take the lead and supported from the side, hesitant to confront his dadi. He could ask Ab to apologize to Ruhi but never vice versa unless it was extreme situation. Rather than take her side he often took the haq to project his frustration on her because no one else ever gave him that haq. He knew she'd forgive him or not judge him if he vented at her. He is always walking on eggshells around Ruhi and his family, even younger siblings but with Abhira he was often very direct and confrontational completely against his character. He would often vent first and then go apologize later when he realized he over reacted or he was wrong. But with others he never did that. He always weighs his words. Its only now when he's head over heels in love that he's found the courage to step up and speak his mind to everyone when Abhira and his relationship is on the line.

Also imo theres a distinct difference between protecive and parental even though theres overlapping gestures and the thing I appreciate most is that he never got "parental" because if he did this love story would look really weird now. He used to always be a friend but an older friend who feels like he has the right to give advice or make decisions on her behalf or expect her to comply with his expectations of her. He never saw her as a "wife" in an intimate way until much later and even with that he used to often respond like a spouse in terms of caring or referring to themselves as a single unit without even realizing it and then get awkward or defensive if people pointed it out to him.

His siblings,and Vidya, chachi , even Ruhi all saw him behave as a regular husband to Abhira even before he acknowledged it. But He lived in denial because he was fixated on zimmedari.

Yes, afterall she was initially his zimmedari na. As you said the circumstances due to which she ended up with him were not ideal. And he forgot about that quite often too but he remembered it too most times, for him the only reason abhira was with him because her mother died because of him and gave him her responsibility. To care care of her daughter.

In his head he was only her guardian for a long time, what people perceived initially as a husband fighting for his wife was a man fulfilling his promise to a dying women.

This is the fault of the direction and editing. Perspectives are not clear on this show from the beginning. They wanted people to swoon over the hero taking care of heroine for trp, they butchered the entire character development and transition. And romantic BGM doesn't help.

But, the fact of the matter is in armaan's eyes she was nothing more than a person who was under his care and protection placed by her dying mother. That why he had refused to marry abhira at first, she was too young for him to be his wife.. because they had not yet decided on the deal part yet. To have a girl's life tied to him who is basically not even a fully grown adult. It must have felt weird to him and abhira both.

But because of akshara he took upon akshara's duty and responsibility playing her role in abhira's life.

And he was not wrong when he said it's not what his family is thinking.

It was after he observed her closely he started getting sucked into this abhira vortex.

That's why he was fixated on zimmedari for too long because in his head anything else would have been a betrayal to Akshara and ruhi. He would be breaking 2 promises at one time.

And you are right he did claimed his right on abhira a lot, infact took liberties with it too much even for my liking.

But anything that happened during first leaf's time seems to have been scraped from the show except for the broader story line. I have still not gotten over the fact how everyone had behaved with abhira on Rohit leaving the house, dadi-sa broke all of akshara's souvenirs.

And armaan sometimes not taking abhira's side, well I don't expect armaan to always support abhira or to abhira to reciprocate the favour. It's just not humanly possible to always agree with the same person on everything.

Armaan and abhira's basic distinction is that they are naturally different people with different opinions and beliefs. They cannot have same opinions but the point is they both have same care values.

RoPu is fit and can pull off a 32-33 year old with makeup and Sam can pull off a 23-24 year old even though she is older in real life.

When I said Rohit doesn't look young, I meant with his demeanor and personality. He has a very calm and composed kind of personality. Sheh had very energetic personality, young vibe to him.

Ro gives very mature vibes, someone who has experience and has seen life. And personally I feel like as armaan they both gave very two different personas.

Ro is playing armaan exceptionally well no doubt. But he has that mature persona. And I want makers to lean into it a little as the story progresses.

But I understand why it's important to show this giddy, happy, elated, excited and a little childish armaan for now. He is leaning into his inner child, healing it, enjoying his life for the first time fully.

Edited by wallflowergirl - 1 months ago