Views

Users

Frequent Posters

barbieflora thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 months ago

Oh dear! Oh that poor li'l bean!

She must be heartbroken.

This is a wonderful story. I can't believe I almost missed it.

Armaan the pendulum, as usual is mum. He wouldn't even say that Ruhi makes him uncomfortable. So much of this could have been avoided simply by speaking up but nooooooooooo.

I like the borderline crazy Ruhi here. Makes it so much easier to dislike her.

Do continue soon smiley31

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Aaj ka update nahi aaya :(

Please write soon!

Nivedita_SS thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

A forewarning, the chapter is unedited and might contain spelling and grammatical errors. I'm hoping to correct them soon once I am done with my classes for the day. Kindly bear with me till then ❤️

Chapter - 3

It was well over an hour when Abhira slowly rose from her spot, her legs feeling wobbly and numb from sitting for so long. She leaned on the door for support before staring at her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes were swollen and red from continuous crying. The tears had long dried, leaving stains on her cheeks. She splashed some cold water on her face, scrubbing in an attempt to remove the traces of heartbreak from her face.

With shaky hands, she reached for the metal door handle and unlocked the door. Stepping out into the corridor, she cast a cautious glance on both the sides for any sign of Armaan before swiftly making her way out of the office.

As she sat in her cab, a bitter irony washed over her, and a rueful chuckle escaped her lips. The entire universe had really conspired to delay her meeting with Armaan to save her from a heartbreak. And yet, she had foolishly defied all those warnings and paid a huge price for it.

She dragged herself inside their ho…no, Poddar House. It was not her home, never will be, she reminded herself firmly. She was merely an unwelcome guest burdening everyone with her presence, tolerated out of obligation rather than genuine affection. The realisation brought fresh hot tears in her eyes. She was determined to not overstay her welcome and find a new home before their marriage came to an end.

She walked inside, dazed and lost in thought, not realising when she collided into Manisha who yelped in pain, startling her to reality. Her eyes widened in apology, “sorry…sorry chachi sa, mera…mera dhyan nahi tha. Are you okay?”

“It’s okay Abhira,” she grumbled, rubbing her forehead when she noticed Abhira’s gloomy countenance, “are you alright, beta? Your eyes look puffy. Were you crying?”

“Nahi,” She shook her head, a weak attempt to conceal her emotions, “nahi toh chachi sa, I…I’m tired. I’m tired and not well. I’ll go rest.” and hurried off to Armaan’s room before Manisha could probe her further.

She locked the door behind her, shutting herself off from the outside world.

“Love is the best feeling in this world, baccha. You feel different in love, you glow differently in love. It’s like…finding a piece of yourself in someone else and knowing you both are better together than apart. It gives you strength to face any obstacle in life. I got lucky with your father’s love. Main toh yahi chahungi ki humari beti ko bhi aesa pyaar mile.”

“Mujhe aur pyaar? Kabhi nahi hoga, mumma. I can write and give it to you on any stamp paper.”

“We’ll see about that, Ms.Abhira Sharma. Jis din tumhe pyaar ho jayega na, tum khud mujhe khushi khushi bataogi.”

“Look maa,” she sniffled, staring at the ceiling remembering her mother, “look at your daughter. She…she fell in love, but she’s not happy. Khush nahi hoon, mumma. It’s not the best feeling, it’s the worst feeling ever. Why did you get me married to this man, mumma? I hate him so much. Why can’t you call me to yourself? Phir…phir hum dono ek happy family hote humesha ke liye.”

She hugged her mother’s picture tightly to herself when her gaze fell on the rest of the photographs. Hers and Armaan’s. Her fingers trembled tracing the edges of photographs she wanted to be put on the wall. Their smiles frozen in time, captured in moments of joy and laughter. All these felt worthless, useless now. They only served as a cruel reminder of his betrayal now.

“I love you, Armaan. We love each other.”

“I left your hand once out of foolishness, Armaan. I don’t want to let you slip away again. But it seems like you don’t even care. Do you even think about our future? Or will you spend all your time solving others’ problems. Think about us for once too, Armaan. Think about yourself. Abhira toh kuch mahino mein chali jayegi, phir? Are you planning that we stay under the same roof with a nameless relation?”

As Ruhi’s words echoed in her mind, Abhira felt a fresh wave of anguish torment her. She crushed the pictures in her hand, wanting to erase every moment she spent with him. How could she be so stupid? How could she not see the obvious signs in front of her? How had she been this blind to believe in the pretence of their marriage? Most importantly, how did she let herself fall for her one year contract husband? The realisation of her own naivety struck her like a lightning, leaving her feeling vulnerable and enraged at herself.

“Get a grip on yourself, Abhira. You’re strong, very strong. You can’t cry over an idiotic man.” She wiped her face, determined to not let her petty little feelings for him create obstacles in her path. She was here to become a lawyer, a successful lawyer, not to play anybody’s wife. Especially not Armaan Poddar’s. Her education and internship only deserved her concentration and effort, not this silly marriage that will end in three months.

Abhira stood up and brought a lighter from the drawer. She gathered the photos in her hand, gave them a final look before setting them on fire. “From today onwards, you won’t dream about him, you won’t think about him at all. He’s only your namesake husband, this marriage is not real. Don’t lose your focus, Abhira Sharma. Your mother sacrificed her life just so you could live yours, don’t disappoint her.”

She hid the divorce papers with the rest of her files in the cupboard, deciding to sign these papers as earliest as possible and free him from this suffocating relationship. With a heavy sigh, she turned away from the cupboard, and returned to her desk. She opened her textbooks, burying herself in the world of law and justice. This was where her true focus lay, where her passion burned the brightest. She would not allow herself to be sidetracked and lose sight.

Ruhi returned home, feeling more miserable than ever. Armaan had told her off that she was not welcome to his workplace anymore because her interference disturbed his work. And to top it off, Abhira was absent from her office too. Feeling a mix of anger and helplessness, she clenched her fists, her mind racing with the thoughts of how to salvage the situation.

“Maa, Abhira ka carrier reh gaya bas. She was not in her office.” She informed Vidya tiredly, slumping on the couch.

“Abhira came home. She said she was feeling unwell. Do ghante ho gaye woh kamre ke bahar bhi nahi aayi.” Vidya let her know, looking worried.

Ruhi nodded, unable to help but think of the reasons for her poor health. Is it those papers? She didn’t want to think far too ahead of herself but the mere thought made her elated. If Abhira saw those papers, she would definitely sign on them. She stood up from her seat, “I’ll go check on her.”

She knocked at the familiar door multiple times availing no response. Feeling a pang of disappointment, she turned around and just then Abhira opened the door, looking grumpy.

“What do you need? Won’t you let me sleep as well now?”

“I came to your office with lunch, tum kahan thi?”

“I had important work.” She shrugged dismissively,

“Kya kaam tha?” Ruhi questioned, trying to decipher her emotions.

“It’s none of your business, really. But since you have no other business than poking your long nose in my business and playing PBP, I’ll tell you. It’s related to my job.”

“What’s PBP now?” She rolled her eyes in annoyance, Abhira and her abbreviations.

“Perfect bahu of Poddars.” Abhira replied, her voice dripping with sarcasm, closing the door back on her face.

“This girl!” Ruhi huffed petulantly, “she definitely hasn’t seen the papers. God, why are you doing this to me?”

===

Armaan made a stop at the departmental store and bought Abhira’s icecreams and noodles before returning home. Abhira’s absence on the dinner table made him sigh, as he ascended the staircase leading to their room, after keeping her snacks in the kitchen.

“Armaan, dinner?”

“Not hungry, maa.”

He entered their room, noticing the unusual stillness that hung in the air like a heavy shroud. The room was cloaked in darkness except for the faint light of a bed lamp glowing beside Abhira’s sleeping figure.

“Itni jaldi so bhi gayi?” He wondered.

Approaching the bed, he saw her curled up under the duvet, her breathing steady and soft in sleep. He brushed a strand of hair away from her face and stepped back. Quietly, he changed into a more comfortable attire before settling into the bed beside her. He reached out to gently tuck the duvet around her, h

is touch feather-light so as to not disturb her rest.

“Good night Abhira.”

-x-o-x-o-x-o-x-

Abhira making major decisions in her life. And Armaan...well he's clueless about them. Do leave a reply below and let me know what you liked, disliked about the chapter. Meet you again with the next chapter smiley31

olsen_124 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I do hope Abhira drops her ball of anger on Armaan about the divorce papers....

Ohh she hates him 😔 😭..... Armaan Poddar come on figure out what's wrong with your wife ...

CaptDeadpool007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Nice one

Prepare yourself armaan your stationery ki dukaan is going to band bajao your band sahi maihine se.

Edited by CaptDeadpool007 - 6 months ago
8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Beautifully written

Love the strong willed abhira who made Ruhi believe that she hasn’t seen the papers

Hmmmm is armaan getting attached to abhira since he skipped dinner as she was not on dinner table

Excited to read more

Supervampire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Awesome update

Abhira is doing right.... hope she don't involve in poddar's matter and concentrate on her dream....

So much excited for next

Gurveen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Fantastic update

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Heartbreaking. Crying for Abhira. But rooting for her to do what it takes fo give herself peace and happiness

Nivedita_SS thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Hello everyone, hope y'all are doing fine. I just wanted to let you know that the next chapter might not be posted before either Thursday or Friday, because I'm lil preoccupied with my college works. Meanwhile keep supporting the story and let me know any other ideas you would want me to write about.