Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roopshas1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 days ago

Originally posted by: Schrute

Tahir by her seems sensible to me. Mehreen's earlier behaviour of hiding Salar's mistakes from him and him running away has created a gap in father and son. He is a level headed man who crabes love and acceptance from his son, but years of distrust between them has led to ghe current situation. I think he even tries to communicate with salar but salar is also disengaged from him due to mehreen.

Same. it was very clear that although his ire is directed towards both his parents, the primary screw-up was done by his mom. Mehreen, as Nani correctly said, the wall between father and son. I believe that once SiLaar move out, their conenction to each other under Sitara's encouragement will definitely improve.

Priyankaakdha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: roopshas1

Zarin is Saba's mom right? I can't remember her name so just confirming right now.

Yes, I do remember that. I think Tahir and Saba's mom had a happier and more compatible marriage. It is unfortunate and at least one of Mehreen's redeeming qualities is that she is such a good step-mom to Saba.

actually tahir liked mehreen coz she was his secretary and a career orientation woman .. but after marriage she stopped working and became a full time housewife ... so Tahir started losing his interest in her

Edited by Priyankaakdha - 12 days ago
roopshas1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priyankaakdha

Sahiba's mom who is a businesswoman

Oh I see. I see. smiley36I can't for the life of me remember Sahiba's parents names. Like to me that Sahiba's mom and dad. Max, her dad is Mirza. That is it. smiley36 Thanks for reminding me Yes, I remember now.

roopshas1 thumbnail

actually tahir liked mehreen coz she was his secretary and a career orientation woman .. but after marriage she stopped working and became a full time housewife ... so Tahir started losing his interest in her

Lmao. I forgot about this. Yes, I think Tahir thought he was bringing in a Sitara but he basically got a Nimi and Sahiba rolled into one stupid package.

roopshas1 thumbnail

Frankly, the audacity of Mehreen to look down upon Sitara when she was just a secretary before marrying Tahir. At least, your DIL was just a friend originally.

Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Lmao. I forgot about this. Yes, I think Tahir thought he was bringing in a Sitara but he basically got a Nimi and Sahiba rolled into one stupid package.

smiley37smiley37 perfect combo ..

but she is definitely stupid

AAKMH2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

I am not sure but I kind of think that Sitara's makeup has not been alright since around Salman engagement track (possibly the so-called break up date onwards). Like even prior to that, I think Laiba had acne but it was well covered up. I think the makeup they are using right now is supposed to be low coverage to give a more "natural" and dewy-shimmery effect than the previously matte one but I think the lack of foundation coverage in the new makeup means that they are trying to cover up Laiba's acne using blush. Add to that, they changed her eye makeup as well. She had a kohl heavy double almond eye shaped makeup earlier while after her wedding they shifted to a single upper eyelid winged black eyeliner heavy makeup after the wedding. Maybe the second eye makeup is supposed to reflect upper class sophistication but honestly I think they should have opted for a more brown or grey eyeliner or just stuck to her older makeup. There is also a question of the way her hair is also arranged. The Hyderabad era had a very nice hair dressing with small braids and this open blow dried , side parted and straight set hair and ponytails but this had been lost in the second half especially after the second wedding. They tried bringing some oomph back especially on the day after their wedding or the day Mehreen was taunting her for going to University or food where she had this nice side parted hair with soft curls but I just think beyond that they have taken almost no effort with her hair. Just a middle parting and they think it is done.

I also think Laiba uses contacts in some scenes and not in others. But that hinders her performance in my opinion. She is a good actress but eyes can be very emotive and contacts don't work well for acting for everyone. Like at her wedding, she was wearing her contacts and you could see that she had to rely on other facial cues to express herself while in the suhaag raat sequence, she had no contacts on and you could see how she conveyed her emotions like melting at Salar's gestures so effortlessly.

I also have some criticism regarding her wardrobe as well. Prior to her marriage to Salar, she was primarily wearing two types of clothing (beyond her gorgeous Ehtisham's wedding clothes) : one was the simple home type of salwar suits and the other which were her more sophisticated outdoor salwar suits. A good example of the former would that plain dark purplish pink set or the leafy green green set that she wore at Hyderabad. A good example of the latter would that burnt orange one with checkered blue dupatta from tum mujhe ignore kyun kar kar rahi ho scene or white set with gold embellishments from her date with Salar. If you look a little further, a really nice color was also that orange wedding dress with Qasim and the simple red wedding set with Majid. If you contrast this with her post-marriage, she is now wearing a lot of white and a lot of black. Yes, there are colours thrown in here and there, primarily on the blue and green spectrum with the exception of the really nice red and white set. What I am trying to say is that even though her wardrobe was "upgraded", it has been downgraded in terms of colour palette. I dunno if this is a story telling device or not to show that Sitara's life has been deprived of colours but honestly that was going on even prior to her wedding so I dunno, but I would prefer Sitara's clothing to incorporate more colours. The former wardrobe had a lot of warm as well as cool colours while the current wardrobe has too little difference in colours. Until and unless Salar really really loves blue, black and white, I feel like Sitara's current wardrobe is very limiting.

I think this criticism should be well leveled at the costume department because they are the ones responsible for this. I wish they would just branch out a bit more. Like take a look at her pics from baylagaam and her makeup and hair there was perfect.

Yes you are right. Her looks realy went downhill after marriage. In initial episodes, her eyes shine..she realy look like " sitara jahan" also whatever the clothes, she was looking pretty. The makeup and dresses can be much better, but it seems Sitara ko sad dikhane mein they are not putting effort in her looks

roopshas1 thumbnail

Can you think how bad it sounds? She is giving taunts to Sitara about Salar giving Salman money and madam khud secretary thi. That is like the one shady job position you can have if you are getting married to your employer.

Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Frankly, the audacity of Mehreen to look down upon Sitara when she was just a secretary before marrying Tahir. At least, your DIL was just a friend originally.

she thinks everyone is like her who can do anything to enter upper society smiley39
Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Can you think how bad it sounds? She is giving taunts to Sitara about Salar giving Salman money and madam khud secretary thi. That is like the one shady job position you can have if you are getting married to your employer.

because of this very reason Nani was against their marriage and never communicated well with her ...