Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priyankaakdha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 days ago

Originally posted by: chai_chatter

I might be late, but do you recommend me watching this show? How is it?

if you had asked me this question yesterday , i would have definitely recommend it to you ...

bas aaj ka din ruk jaao , promo dekh ke confirm kr denge ki dekhna chahiye yaa nahi ... smiley36

roopshas1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priyankaakdha

in addition to that , mehreen will definitely accuse sitara which will make them to move over to nani house ...

Honestly, the way she was talking about and to Sitara in the hospital was so painful. Like I understand you are disturbed right now but yeesh woman. Frankly, I thought she is jealous that her own mother prefers Sitara (which is ironic considering how she herself does not want to acknowledge her middle class roots) as well as very insecure (she can see that everyone in the family is accepting Sitara, who is also more capable, as their own; she is like the only exception). She is going to be the villain after Sahiba is gone. I think she will end up paying her own kaffara.

It won't surprise me if Salar literally goes low contact with her afterwards. He didn't stop her in this episode but I think he is no longer in any mood to tolerate her bullshit anymore. Tahir, I can still say that his relationship will Salar will eventually improve thanks to Sitara, although he might end up paying for his own highhandedness towards Junaid when Salar moves out. Mehreen though is hopeless. I think after the baby comes, even Saba will slowly get busy with her own life in her own house. She won't be visiting her mayka that often. Ultimately, Mehreen would be left alone in that big house (her house that she insisted, not Sitara's) with her husband primarily avoiding her and her son going low contact and moving out with only kitty parties to distract herself. Considering the way she is behaving, I think eventually even Sitara will get distant or stop trying and if they have children, I can really see Salar going completely overprotective of his children and not allowing Mehreen anywhere near them (despite probably Sitara's objections).

Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Originally posted by: roopshas1

Honestly, the way she was talking about and to Sitara in the hospital was so painful. Like I understand you are disturbed right now but yeesh woman. Frankly, I thought she is jealous that her own mother prefers Sitara (which is ironic considering how she herself does not want to acknowledge her middle class roots) as well as very insecure (she can see that everyone in the family is accepting Sitara, who is also more capable, as their own; she is like the only exception). She is going to be the villain after Sahiba is gone. I think she will end up paying her own kaffara.

It won't surprise me if Salar literally goes low contact with her afterwards. He didn't stop her in this episode but I think he is no longer in any mood to tolerate her bullshit anymore. Tahir, I can still say that his relationship will Salar will eventually improve thanks to Sitara, although he might end up paying for his own highhandedness towards Junaid when Salar moves out. Mehreen though is hopeless. I think after the baby comes, even Saba will slowly get busy with her own life in her own house. She won't be visiting her mayka that often. Ultimately, Mehreen would be left alone in that big house (her house that she insisted, not Sitara's) with her husband primarily avoiding her and her son going low contact and moving out with only kitty parties to distract herself. Considering the way she is behaving, I think eventually even Sitara will get distant or stop trying and if they have children, I can really see Salar going completely overprotective of his children and not allowing Mehreen anywhere near them (despite probably Sitara's objections).

i don't know what the hell is Mehreen's problem ... maybe she is jealous about the fact that salar loves his wife more who is from Middle class family wherein Tahir doesn't loves anything about her ... for Tahir neither she is a good wife nor a mother ... and she is not a good daughter either
Edited by Priyankaakdha - 12 days ago
Schrute thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Mehreen's behaviour so far has been projection of her own insecurities, and now she is trying to find petty faults in her because now since she has exposed Salar's truth, even tahir has accepted sitara,as he already told her not to leave salar and stay forever (i think there's makers are still to address her cryptic leaving dialogues) So i think this can be the case with her now blaming sitara for her mother's demise

Edited by Schrute - 12 days ago
roopshas1 thumbnail

i don't know what the hell is Mehreen's problem ... maybe she is jealous about the fact that salar loves his wife more who is from Middle class family wherein Tahir doesn't loves her ... for Tahir neither she is a good wife nor a mother ... and tbh she is not a good daughter either

One thing that Nani mentioned was love eventually runs out and it is peace that reigns. If you look at it, I think Tahir did fall in love with Mehreen and that is why he had an interclass marriage but eventually he got tired of her immaturity and insensibility. Unlike Sitara who despite her initial misbehaviour is proving to be Salar's iron pillar, Mehreen had failed to be that to Tahir. Like there are moments of affection between them but those are rare primarily because Tahir and Mehreen do not match intellectually (again unlike Salar and Sitara who even in their miscommunication can sit and have deeper conversations). If you look at it, except for Mehreen constantly verbally harassing Sitara, the Sikandar household has otherwise been at peace. Not 100 percent but as much as their circumstances can allow them to be.

Priyankaakdha thumbnail

One thing that Nani mentioned was love eventually runs out and it is peace that reigns. If you look at it, I think Tahir did fall in love with Mehreen and that is why he had an interclass marriage but eventually he got tired of her immaturity and insensibility. Unlike Sitara who despite her initial misbehaviour is proving to be Salar's iron pillar, Mehreen had failed to be that to Tahir. Like there are moments of affection between them but those are rare primarily because Tahir and Mehreen do not match intellectually (again unlike Salar and Sitara who even in their miscommunication can sit and have deeper conversations). If you look at it, except for Mehreen constantly verbally harassing Sitara, the Sikandar household has otherwise been at peace. Not 100 percent but as much as their circumstances can allow them to be.

makes sense ... but you know in initial episodes , i kind of pitied her and thought Tahir is the one who has problem as he used to compare her with zarin all the time ...

but after salar marriage , i realised mehreen is the problem and her thinking process smiley39

Schrute thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Tahir by far seems sensible to me. Mehreen's earlier behaviour of hiding Salar's mistakes from him and him running away has created distrust between father and son. He is a level headed man who craves love and acceptance from his son, but years of distrust between them has led to ghe current situation. I think he even tries to communicate with salar but salar is also disengaged from him due to mehreen.

Edited by Schrute - 12 days ago
Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Originally posted by: Schrute

Tahir by her seems sensible to me. Mehreen's earlier behaviour of hiding Salar's mistakes from him and him running away has created a gap in father and son. He is a level headed man who crabes love and acceptance from his son, but years of distrust between them has led to ghe current situation. I think he even tries to communicate with salar but salar is also disengaged from him due to mehreen.

i think Tahir has some problem in communicating with his children ... even Saba used to get angry with him ...

roopshas1 thumbnail

makes sense ... but you know in initial episodes , i kind of pitied her and thought Tahir is the one who has problem as he used to compare her with zarin all the time ...

but after salar marriage , i realised mehreen is the problem and her thinking process smiley39

Zarin is Saba's mom right? I can't remember her name so just confirming right now.

Yes, I do remember that. I think Tahir and Saba's mom had a happier and more compatible marriage. It is unfortunate and at least one of Mehreen's redeeming qualities is that she is such a good step-mom to Saba.

Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Zarin is Saba's mom right? I can't remember her name so just confirming right now.

Yes, I do remember that. I think Tahir and Saba's mom had a happier and more compatible marriage. It is unfortunate and at least one of Mehreen's redeeming qualities is that she is such a good step-mom to Saba.

Sahiba's mom who is a businesswoman