Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 28 days ago

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

To all those turning this into a Bollywood vs South Industry BS, maybe you need to watch what he says 2 mins later that South industry is brave and they try new things whereas Bollywood is too scared and afraid

Also he was upset with how Prabhas was presented in the movie (like a joker) amidst a mad-max type post apocalyptic setup. He was blaming the filmmakers and not Prabhas

If anyone is actually interested in watching that part, here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWGX5-1YsWA&t=9261s

It's not a North Vs South thing ( he'd have said that about Amrinder Gill or Abir Chatterjee as well ) It's a Bollywood Vs Regional Actors thing. What he said about them being 'brave' in the South and that they would do anything doesnt mean much ;it's vague and somewhat patronising. It's like foreigners saying India is colourful. The point still stands. That he wouldn't have said that about SRK in RaOne or Abhishek In Drona, Hrithik in Krissh whatever number. He'd never say Salman looks like a buffoon in such and such movie. And chose the wrong moment for that kind of candid commentary. As an actor he should have known better than to put one of the lead characters down when the movie is still in theatres.

He's a nice guy . Pretty sure he didn't mean to do it but yeah.

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: e1t53e

He clearly said (he was made to )look like a joker. There is a way to put your point across. I ask again, can he dare to say the same using the same words about Aamir Khan in LSC and SRK in Dunki?

Well I think you and I are saying the same thing. Basically Arshad didn't call Prabhas a joker but his look in the movie a joker. I don't think the way he said it was wrong. If you read the entire quote, it seems quite straightforward. The problem is that news sites took it and edited it for their convenience and now fans are reacting to those clickbait titles.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/features/arshad-warsi-slams-prabhas-look-kalki-2898-ad-like-joker-want-see-mad-max-mel-gibson/

Arshad Warsi SLAMS Prabhas’ look in Kalki 2898 AD: “Why was he was like a joker? I want to see a Mad Max, Mel Gibson”

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

The image used in the thumbnail of the article just proves Arshad right. The look is comical.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 27 days ago

Thanks for the link (for those wanting to hear the context)...I watched a bit around this butthere was too much of Hindi for me...and the Prabhas part was a lot in English...so, I still go with my "out of context" but better still not using this word.

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

He himself acts like a clown in the movies then why he is giving his tag to prabhas

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

That’s me. Whatever I know of him I learned against my will. Also every time I see him I want to punch him 😭 he has one of those faces
Srj9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 26 days ago

The whole point of showing Prabhas as comical in the first half was the setting up of tone for the climax. Climax would not have that much impact had Bhairava been a serious character from the first. Coming to Arshad, as much as he is entitled to his own opinion, being a public figure he should choose his words well when talking about another public personality. His point got dissolved because of one word and his tone while using the same.

elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 26 days ago

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

It's not a North Vs South thing ( he'd have said that about Amrinder Gill or Abir Chatterjee as well ) It's a Bollywood Vs Regional Actors thing. What he said about them being 'brave' in the South and that they would do anything doesnt mean much ;it's vague and somewhat patronising. It's like foreigners saying India is colourful. The point still stands. That he wouldn't have said that about SRK in RaOne or Abhishek In Drona, Hrithik in Krissh whatever number. He'd never say Salman looks like a buffoon in such and such movie. And chose the wrong moment for that kind of candid commentary. As an actor he should have known better than to put one of the lead characters down when the movie is still in theatres.

He's a nice guy . Pretty sure he didn't mean to do it but yeah.

That's not true! Shirish Kunder, Salman Khan's sis openly criticized Ra.One. KWK exists where everyone calls out each other. Ranveer was called an monkey for his performance in Befikre