Artist Hung Choi calls out makers of Kalki for copying

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 17 days ago

Hung choi did this concept art 10 years ago, and the makers of kalki copied it without even asking him. 

1000014782.jpg

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

indians have this immense talent of plagiarizing. India figures among the most 'prolific countries of origin for plagiarism',

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Unfortunately, Indian Cinema again and again does copying without asking before or even giving credit...I read/experienced it during my journey through the decades of Hindi Cinema ... and this here also seems quite obvious being a copy.

zara321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Unfortunately, Indian Cinema again and again does copying without asking before or even giving credit...I read/experienced it during my journey through the decades of Hindi Cinema ... and this here also seems quite obvious being a copy.

And Indian cinema keeps getting away with it, it's not good, taking something which you didn't create.

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Choi? Korean?smiley36

Yehi dimag chalta hai mera, out of everything, this is what caught my eye.

@On topic: Kitna chori karoge yaar. Art, songs, tunes, lyrics, storyline. Akal kahi mil rahi ho to h wo chura lo.

Edited by Daebak - 17 days ago
zara321 thumbnail

It also shows how there is just not alot of creativity in Indian cinema anymore, the same things are done again and again in nearly every film, or films and songs are remade/copied, ideas are copied or stolen

Whereas if you look at other countries and their cinema, the kind of movies and ideas they are coming up with are so innovative 

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 days ago

They should sue 

Bollywood keeps getting away with plagiarizing 

Not cool 

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Clochette

For ex, Chak de India is heavily ‘inspired’ from Miracle but they didn’t even get mentioned, let alone being credited.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I agree that there are some plot parts that could have inspired the writer to use them but there are still enough ones in Chak De independent from Miracle who cater in a fine way to the particularity of India. In addition, it was a women team which gave another dynamic to the movie.

If one knows a lot of movies from different filmindustries, one will always find plotpoints another movie before also had...it's the same in books, too. That is still a far cry away from copying or plagiarizing.