Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 days ago

Only thing I have a problem with is the way the Telugu people glorify Karna and put him on a pedestal. smiley26smiley12

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

And @ 82, show me one actor of his age who was not just one of the main leads but for all practical purposes ,in terms of screen presence and the audience attention,  shouldered a movie of this scale and grandeur ? He was literally the bestest thing about the movie. ❤️

[/QUOTE

Yeh it’s not just that but people of multiple generations genuinely like his presence in films (of course everyone in the older generation adores him)….hes won 3 national awards since the year 2000 which was his post retirement second innings and the generation that grew up in 2000s and born after 2000s also has so much respect for him as a result ..

he’s not just existing doing character roles he’s the friggin lynchpin in most of his movies. 

I mean even rajnikanth is all the craze in his 70s and so is mamotty …with both doing lead roles even now ….but I feel amitabh overall across india is incomparable …

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: e1t53e

Only thing I have a problem with is the way the Telugu people glorify Karna and put him on a pedestal. smiley26smiley12

yeah that Arjun ka arrogance (which he was though ) was a bit jarring to watch. 

Karna was always put on pedestal by all culture, just look at Hindi star plus mb. There were serials made on him. Dude was a grey character like others, just cause he didn't know he's kuntis son he was a tragic hero and modern culture white washed his grey character. Cause orphan/adopted - he can't do no wrong awww poor kid so what he participated in bastraharan he didn't know who his mommy was. 

Ambajee thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Phir_Mohabbat

yeah that Arjun ka arrogance (which he was though ) was a bit jarring to watch. 

Karna was always put on pedestal by all culture, just look at Hindi star plus mb. There were serials made on him. Dude was a grey character like others, just cause he didn't know he's kuntis son he was a tragic hero and modern culture white washed his grey character. Cause orphan/adopted - he can't do no wrong awww poor kid so what he participated in bastraharan he didn't know who his mommy was. 

Sorry to Hijack! Just returning from the theatre and this is biggest pet peeve in the movie! To hype Amitji’s ashwathama was reasonable to an extent since he is immortal and possibly the fictional cure being introduced into Krishna’s curse to reedem him by saving the pregnant woman and her kid! But Karna hype was unnecessary simply for the hero playing it. Karna was a grey character aside from being the outcast son and Duryodana’s frnd..! Movie was real good with amazing visuals..! This would have made a good web series rather than a 3hr movie! 
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ambajee

Sorry to Hijack! Just returning from the theatre and this is biggest pet peeve in the movie! To hype Amitji’s ashwathama was reasonable to an extent since he is immortal and possibly the fictional cure being introduced into Krishna’s curse to reedem him by saving the pregnant woman and her kid! But Karna hype was unnecessary simply for the hero playing it. Karna was a grey character aside from being the outcast son and Duryodana’s frnd..! Movie was real good with amazing visuals..! This would have made a good web series rather than a 3hr movie! 

chalo finally watched it

Not sure where to discuss spoilers, can you make a thread? 

SPOILERS

I didn't get bhairava karna connection. If he's karna then why will he come to this yug, to help his Mitra? Ofcrs he will rescue Deepika in next movie, but what's the connection between the two

They had to make prabhas a mytho character for redemption i.guess. if ab is all powerful there is no need for a third character to team up with. I thought maybe the small kid will be grown up Deepika and prabhas is her kid (kinda jawan movie) I am still unclear on prabhas. He will be a saviour, but he's like an anti hero till now wanting to go into complex/compound. Will he get another vision and save everyone? 

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: snatch

he is undoubtedly the greatest. srk is a very good talent. if he is serious about good roles could follow bachchans footsteps..

No way SRK or salman or hrithik or akshay  can act like amitabh bachchan at 75 or 80 roles 

AB has always been an action hero mostly with bit family emotions

Hes hardly played out and out romantic like salman, srk or hrithik hes been action hero like a dharmendra mostly 

and action heroes with bit acting skills and baritone voices and big physique have long shelf life 

look at hollywood sylvester stallone, arnold etc they play hero at 70 plus too and audience watches those movies  

Also his physique tall 6 plus foot and baritone voice helps him survive at 70 or 80 as principal, father of heroheroine/police/army etc 

But salman, amir, srk, hrithik or akshay neither have that physique or baritone voice to help them do such roles at 75 or 80 

Only person who can do that may be older actors like sunny deol with his physique and baritone act among 90s super stars (like he did in gadar2 as a father of 25 plus convincingly) 

another person i see doing father/leader/army/police/principal role at 70 is bobby deol(like ashram bab role or police officer class of 83 or abrar in animal) 

Again amitabh, sunny, bobby deol are all action stars only not romantic heros when they debuted although they added family/love emotions in their roles 

Whoever has strong physique and baritine voice and can do action convincingly will surviive long term

Ex sanjay dutt, jackie shroff, sunil shetty, ajya devgan are other contenders to act till 75 or 80 all action stars by the way in prime time 

Ambajee thumbnail

chalo finally watched it

Not sure where to discuss spoilers, can you make a thread? 

SPOILERS

I didn't get bhairava karna connection. If he's karna then why will he come to this yug, to help his Mitra? Ofcrs he will rescue Deepika in next movie, but what's the connection between the two

They had to make prabhas a mytho character for redemption i.guess. if ab is all powerful there is no need for a third character to team up with. I thought maybe the small kid will be grown up Deepika and prabhas is her kid (kinda jawan movie) I am still unclear on prabhas. He will be a saviour, but he's like an anti hero till now wanting to go into complex/compound. Will he get another vision and save everyone? 

I have never made a thread. Maybe the mods can help here…Tagging Shreya! 

and ya, Bhairava Karna connection doesn’t really get elaborated and looked more like a twist for the sake of it. He isn’t even one of the 7 immortals. If AB character wasn’t enough, why not bring another immortal being from the 7, Hanuman or even Parashurama for example. They were the good guys, warrior and legend! The original Kalki myth also includes Parashurama as someone who would help Kalki avatar with warrior teachings etc.. Somehow I couldn’t connect with Karna connection..! 

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ambajee

I have never made a thread. Maybe the mods can help here…Tagging Shreya! 

and ya, Bhairava Karna connection doesn’t really get elaborated and looked more like a twist for the sake of it. He isn’t even one of the 7 immortals. If AB character wasn’t enough, why not bring another immortal being from the 7, Hanuman or even Parashurama for example. They were the good guys, warrior and legend! The original Kalki myth also includes Parashurama as someone who would help Kalki avatar with warrior teachings etc.. Somehow I couldn’t connect with Karna connection..! 

I felt prabhas was Krishna. But when karna came I was confused 

Karna ki lathi wala part is it true?

What about gandhirv how that will be used, obviously prabhas will use but how 

They better bring a sequel lol can't wait. 

Also I didn't mention, music wasn't that memorable like when I watched dune that soundtrack was on repeat. Ofcrs that's Hans Zimmer but we desis have great musician too..thoda usme effort krte to acha hota 

Ambajee thumbnail

I felt prabhas was Krishna. But when karna came I was confused 

Karna ki lathi wala part is it true?

What about gandhirv how that will be used, obviously prabhas will use but how 

They better bring a sequel lol can't wait. 

Also I didn't mention, music wasn't that memorable like when I watched dune that soundtrack was on repeat. Ofcrs that's Hans Zimmer but we desis have great musician too..thoda usme effort krte to acha hota 

I really wanna talk in a spoiler thread to answer your questions. But no Prabhas is not gonna be the user of Gandhirv bow! It’s probably gonna be for the Lord Krishna himself once he is born..’ ! I feel SaNa could have done much more with the music but he is not suited for this mytho-dystopian universe! I would say go with Keeravani or ARR…. We could have had the wholesome feel..! Bg score was a big letdown for me! Edited by Ambajee - 4 days ago
elaichichai thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

So any major bad reviews from big reviewers? I see even Hindu giving a positive review seeing how someone here was claiming reviews are mixed.

Edited by elaichichai - 4 days ago