Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I liked the movie. Although I do feel that it could’ve been much better.

Am I the only one who found Sunny’s acting to be the weakest link ? It didnt work for me, I liked him a lot in Shiddat and CNKB, but here. He was off and not hitting the mark.

Taapsee did well and Vikrant as well but they seemed to just breeze through the movie, and I felt it didn’t really challenge them as actors.

Decent watch I would say.

Count me too, I think best performance was by Jimmy Shergill and Sunny was the weakest one, I do agree that Vikrant deserved a better writing, he is too good to be wasted, which he was. Tapsee was okay. I definitely rate the first movie better.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail

The addition of Ek hasina thi song, at the beginning and end was the best thing, gave me so much satisfaction to see criminal, twisted minded yet crazy lovers reunite after all the mess.

Had Rani not cheated on Rishu, things would be different, still baffles me how can someone cut off his hand for the girl who cheated on him with his own cousin.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

While this sequel was not as good as the first movie, for me it was a much better attempt at a sequel than most sequels are. They tried to keep the same suspense, introduced new characters, and had good actors and a good plot. Where the film failed for me is (1) Sunny Kaushal and (2) the character of Abhimanyu.

Sunny has done this psychopathic betrayed lover role so many times, that any time I see a new movie of his I know he's going to a psycho who will be destroyed. He doesn't even seem to try anymore. This was probably his weakest acting ever.

Also the character of Abhimanyu was kind of confusing to me. I mean they never really gave him a proper story of how he met Rani, how he planned things, and what his final motive was (after all he attacks Rani at one point as well).

Other than that the film kind of followed the same twists and turns as the first one, so it was more predictable, but still a good sequel.

I did not even understand what was the cobra revenge reference?

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: MiVida_Messi

Yeah I didn't get that. Maybe there was something in the first movie that they referenced.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail

Yeah I didn't get that. Maybe there was something in the first movie that they referenced.

No, the first movie had no cobra reference. The first movie was better. For most of the parts in here, Abhimanyu's character looked creepy, his love was not visible to me even as a psychopath. I wish there was a twist like Neel having a twin and popping up to scare Rani-Rishu, I would love to see the previous trio again.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Chor Nikal Ke Bhaga he was basically the same character. Shiddat and Bhagra Paa Le as well he had some very psychotic tendencies.

He's done a couple of music videos as well. The last one I remember is Ishq Mein, where he played the idiot lover who suspected his love.

Maybe not the same role, but basically the same acting in each.

Thank you. I saw Chor Nikal Ke Bhaga and Bhagra Paa Le were both streaming on Netflix but I had never made the effort to watch either of them. I've seen Shiddat and that was the main role I was thinking of when you referenced psychotic roles. I might check out those first two movies now plus the music video you listed.

I don't think it was a reference to the first movie. It was one of the novels by Dinesh Pandit that Sunny used to mastermind the killings. Either it was one of his father's novels or it was one of the novels he ghostwrote.

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

No, the first movie had no cobra reference. The first movie was better. For most of the parts in here, Abhimanyu's character looked creepy, his love was not visible to me even as a psychopath. I wish there was a twist like Neel having a twin and popping up to scare Rani-Rishu, I would love to see the previous trio again.

Meh twin shwin. What would have been awesome to see is Monty (Jimmy Shergill) working with Abhimanyu to capture Rishu-Rani and Abhimanyu being a cop as well. Now that would have been a worthwhile twist.

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Not exactly related to this movie but I'm glad knowing I'm not the only one who found Sunny's character in Shiddat to be a bit psychotic.

I like that movie in parts. The songs were awesome, the dreamy dance sequence was beautifully done, and it had two of my absolute favorites. smiley42

Still, it makes no sense to me why Sunny's character did all those things. By that logic, every girl should fall for their creepy stalkers. smiley44 smiley44 smiley44

SlowlyDrifting thumbnail

No, it wasn't hinting at the first part. Sunny's character used the novel (Cobra's revenge)'s plot to avenge his father's cousin (his chacha who cheated his father in family business) by poisoning his Chacha's entire family. Abhimanyu is Dinesh Pandit's son or not is still a mystery though 😅 which we may see getting unfold in the third part.

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Comedy Crew

I think that was just to show Abhimanyu is not a doodh ka dhula hua as he pretends to be. He killed his uncle's entire family brutally including the young kids just because his uncle killed his parents for property. He may be nice to people but if somebody betrays his trust Abhimanyu becomes a ruthless animal.

My only doubt is why did Abhimanyu kill that handicapped creepy stalker Poonam.