Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rosyme thumbnail
Posted: 5 days ago

They should have released it directly on OTT.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: desigal90

I'm not surprised; it's an english movie dubbed in hindi, promoted 2 weeks before release. This is straight up OTT. I think they already recovered all the costs so I dont understand why they wanted this limited release to begin with.

Guess they didn't choose this..may be it was netflix's condition before buying it? like other duds like Double XL etc which eventually streamed there and did decent.

OR and i hope not

Ekta and Bebo became over confident after Veera and Crew and thought this will work too but they cannot be so stupid to think this..why you want to put a flop stain on your movie when it could well be avoided by going straight to where it belongs..i hope they weren't so stupid

Edited by cougarTown - 5 days ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Netflix demanded a theatrical release before...

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I think it actually was destined from amazon prime; not netflix. And unless a movie is directly their production, I think they require some kind of a theatrical release. The idea was limited release, because clearly this was a festival movie.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

What I've read was Netflix...and yes, the film was screened already last year (London Filmfestifal and Mumbai Filmfestival) and I also read that Netflix had already bought the movie but wanted (or agreed to???) a theatre release.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

But audience used to at least give these movies some sort of initial to even let wom come to play

i remember kahani..(exactly similar appeal) opened at 2cr in 2012..now with all the inflation etc..you would at least expect these numbers..but seems with OTT..they just don't want to even give these movies a shot

Edited by cougarTown - 5 days ago
Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

its good its releasing on big screen, i enjoy movies on big screen . unfortunately they playing at only selected theaters here. can't wait. seems like begum has delivered!! bravo!!

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: cougarTown

But audience used to at least give these movies some sort of initial to even let wom come to play

i remember kahani..(exactly similar appeal) opened at 2cr in 2012..now with all the inflation etc..you would at least expect these numbers..but seems with OTT..they just don't want to even give these movies a shot

OTT has now given many such movies that are available for audiences to watch and also, Kahaani was in Hindi. This movie is 70% shot in English and the hindi dub looks atrocious. I dont know what Ekta was thinking releasing it in theaters.

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

I'm not surprised; it's an english movie dubbed in hindi, promoted 2 weeks before release. This is straight up OTT. I think they already recovered all the costs so I dont understand why they wanted this limited release to begin with.

Man this really should’ve gone directly to OTT smiley44

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Ekta and Bebo became over confident after Veera and Crew and thought this will work too but they cannot be so stupid to think this..why you want to put a flop stain on your movie when it could well be avoided by going straight to where it belongs..i hope they weren't so stupid

If that’s true then Ekta really made a silly fool out of herself smiley29 Kareena will suffer because of Ekta’s egoistic nature!