Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

I am watching this tomorrow because I forgot it came out today. How disappointing though that nobody is discussing this.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

What a disaster

Haseen Dilruba was a pretty enjoyable movie but this one's a hot mess

Nothing and no one really works out.

Taapsee not in form. Vikrant and sunny, strictly okay.

Writers need to stop taking sequels for granted. It was all too convenient that it does not give you any thrills or chills. A massive disappointment to a genuinely decent thriller the 1st part was

1/5

Wasted opportunity

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Just finished watching the movie.

Spoilers ahead

The story is about 3 people, Rishu, Rani and Abhimanyu who live in Agra. Rishu and Rani want to live a happy life but can't because police is still behind them. She meets Abhimanyu, a simple innocent man and decides to use him to get rid of the police. She marries him thinking that police will finally be convinced that Rishu is indeed no more and she moved on with someone else but then later she realizes Abhimanyu is not as simple and innocent as she thought him to be. Just like in the first movie, her EMA with Neel turned out to be her biggest mistake that led to all problems. In this movie too her decision to marry Abhimanyu turned out to be another bigger mistake.

Performance wise, the whole cast were perfect in their roles. Taapsee, Vikrant, Sunny and Jimmy were brilliant in their respective roles. This time the characterizations were well written compared to the first movie. Abhimanyu's role was as important as Rishu's unlike Neel who had no major role and was just Rani's love interest.

The movie is truly worth watching for all suspense thriller fans.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Quite different opinions from the two members smiley1

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

I watched it and loved it as much as the first one. In fact, the new players of Sunny Kaushal and Jimmy Shergill improve the story and raise the stakes. Jimmy was excellent as the villainous cop, who really wouldn't be the villain at all in any other movie, but in this one he truly riles the viewer up because he's so steadfastly on the opposite side of our couple.

I would frankly have picked Sunny over Vikrant. I'm very glad that the movie's last scene indicates we may get another sequel. This story is not over and I doubt Jimmy's character will rest until he avenges Neel.

The last line about Sunny being Dinesh Pandit's son (and presumably ghostwriter since earlier the movie said that the author died but his books were still being written) explains a great deal. Including why Sunny seems even more invested in the books than Taapsee who is a fanatic enough, why he has the whole collection and bases his life decisions (and murders) on the books, and also why he fell in love with her when he saw she had his book.

I'm confused though on who sent Jimmy the crocodile book explaining the ending though. Taapsee said she called for Jimmy to come to the rock, and Sunny was surprised to see Jimmy. The note to Jimmy in the book said only 3 copies of this book exist. That would indicate that whoever sent Jimmy the book was the author of it or knew who the author was. If it's not Sunny then this would mean that Taapsee or Vikrant knew Sunny was really Dinesh Pandit's son and was writing his books so it wasn't a secret to them.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Also it's safe to say that Taapsee's Rani is a far more iconic Rani than Alia's ever will be. Just had to mention that smiley2

NutellaWaffle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8

I enjoyed watching this as much as the first part. Sunny’s acting outshined everyone. There are many twists and turns keeping the thrill intact till the last scene. Rani and Rishi will always love each other no matter what situation they are in. They didn’t have happy moments ever since they got married and got tangled in crime and staying away from each other and still they yearn for each other. All the third angles in these two parts have only made their love more intense. Sunny as Abhimanyu acted very good and its twisted character who is crazily in love with Rani. They also hinted for third part.