Celebration Threads

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheMsSupernova thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Enigma Experts

Posted: 3 months ago

https://x.com/pseudonymYZ/status/1796241515892850759

Edited by TheMsSupernova - 3 months ago

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

There seems to be some confusion. It's not the same Cannes Festival where Joyland had its world premiere and won the jury prize (and which ended last week).

This is the Cannes World Festival Film Festival. These are online awards based on a monthly film competition. Nayab won for April 2024. Other films won in the same category in other months.

You can see the winners list here:

https://www.world-film-festival.com/en/winners-2024/

If you want to see other nominees that Nayab beat, here they are:

Yes, we are all aware. I posted the link on the first page by the way and even the post clearly mentions the name of the awards

It is still quite a feat for the movie. And for the theme and message it deserves the recognition and acclaim smiley20 It beat a lot of contenders from all over the globe and any international recognition for the Pakistani film industry is a novel thing in itself. I’ve seen Joyland and I’ve seen this. Both are well deserving of this recognition 👏

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 3 months ago
Sunshine75 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Yumna Zaidi

Congratulations to the whole team ! 👏 smiley40

WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tgota92

Yes, we are all aware. I posted the link on the first page by the way and even the post clearly mentions the name of the awards

It is still quite a feat for the movie. And for the theme and message it deserves the recognition and acclaim smiley20 It beat a lot of contenders from all over the globe and any international recognition for the Pakistani film industry is a novel thing in itself. I’ve seen Joyland and I’ve seen this. Both are well deserving of this recognition 👏

I have added your link in the first intro post as well. Made it bold, italic, underlined it with extra large font. Tried changing the color also.

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 3 months ago
blahblah131 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Fans

Congrats to the entire team, I am surprised. I heard bad reviews for it

WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blahblah131

Congrats to the entire team, I am surprised. I heard bad reviews for it

Seeing is believing. smiley1

WabalMunni thumbnail

If Allah is standing by your side ....

https://x.com/AradhitaAr1375/status/1796254808627884166

blahblah131 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Fans

It didn't play in theaters in my area