Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 months ago

Yes, he would - at least at that moment with Anjali's father still living. He was adopted and felt indebted to his father and wouldn't have gone against that will.

It would have been another filmstory, then.

The Rani tracks in KKHH vs K3G and ChalteChalte vs VeerZaara and then Paheli vs KANK ...I find them interesting ...as I do with the Anushka tracks in RNBDJ vs JTHJ and JHMS vs Zero.

I also find the Madhuri track with SRK interesting with Anjaam - Koyla - DTPH - (GG) - HTHS - Devdas

The only 'constants' in his movies had been Juhi and Kajol - apart from one Kajol movie (Baazigar) they ended up together ...and with Juhi (apart from the two movies where the love was one-sided - Darr/Ram Jaane), both also get together.

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Didn’t Naina let him go when she realized Rahul and his Mom weren’t happy with the marriage arrangement?  This should be the main question.  After Rahul breaks up with Anjali would Naina succumb to family pressure like Rahul did and marry him or would she stand her ground and refuse to marry a man who didn’t love her, prompting Yash Raichand to find another rich single socialite for Rahul played by Preity Zinta?  

I might have mentioned this before but years ago I was at this old Bollywood forum where a group of Kajol fans were saying K3G was payback for KKHH because Kajol got SRK over Rani this time smiley36

Yes, Naina did let him go. She made her peace knowing he would never love her back but that he would be happy with the girl he really loved. If Rahul had come to her again, I think Naina would have helped him stand up to Yash and chide Rahul for not following his heart and being brave enough to accept his love. Even if Rahul agreed to marry Naina then (and while I do think he would have broken off things with Anjali, I don't think he would agree to marry anyone else either), I don't think Naina would ever agree. Which would cue Yash to bring in Preity Zinta lol. 

I don't know why Kajol fans were saying K3G was payback for KKHH considering he ends up with Kajol in both films and both films have Rani giving the couple their blessing. Rani fans are the winners in the long run considering their favorite has a lot more prestige with audiences and at the box office.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Maybe it's because Rani is the more mature one (in the characters) and her love is that of the unconditional (even if unreciprocated) one???

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

I felt after 3/4 conversations Rahul and Yash could’ve worked it out 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Yes, Naina did let him go. She made her peace knowing he would never love her back but that he would be happy with the girl he really loved. If Rahul had come to her again, I think Naina would have helped him stand up to Yash and chide Rahul for not following his heart and being brave enough to accept his love. Even if Rahul agreed to marry Naina then (and while I do think he would have broken off things with Anjali, I don't think he would agree to marry anyone else either), I don't think Naina would ever agree. Which would cue Yash to bring in Preity Zinta lol. 

I don't know why Kajol fans were saying K3G was payback for KKHH considering he ends up with Kajol in both films and both films have Rani giving the couple their blessing. Rani fans are the winners in the long run considering their favorite has a lot more prestige with audiences and at the box office.

@Bold.  I’m not sure about the parenthesis part. Rahul at that point would have done anything to please his father including sacrificing his love and heart.  I do also agree that Naina could have later become instrumental in helping Rahul find his way and stand up to Yash Raichand.  

I think this group of Kajol fans I’m talking about were basically mad that initially in the story SRK picked Rani over Kajol and the only reason Kajol came back into the picture was because Rani died.  Fandoms have their own set of rules and emotions. What are we gonna do? 🤷🏽‍♀️😆

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

@Bold.  I’m not sure about the parenthesis part. Rahul at that point would have done anything to please his father including sacrificing his love and heart.  I do also agree that Naina could have later become instrumental in helping Rahul find his way and stand up to Yash Raichand.  

I think this group of Kajol fans I’m talking about were basically mad that initially in the story SRK picked Rani over Kajol and the only reason Kajol came back into the picture was because Rani died.  Fandoms have their own set of rules and emotions. What are we gonna do? 🤷🏽‍♀️😆

I don't know, he loved Anjali so much that while he would agree to not marry her, I also don't think he would agree to marry anyone else. Especially since his only other option was Naina who had flat out made peace with not marrying him and it wouldn't be something she would do afterwards, knowing the truth. Would even Rahul marry any random girl that Yash found if not Naina?

Rani predicted when she was cast in KKHH that there would be a lot of negativity towards her for breaking up the SRK/Kajol jodi. Actually she was accepted by audiences except for the Kajol fans lol so that's good to hear.

sulini76 thumbnail

Yes.  He went there to break up with her.  Rahul was all about pleasing his father who was very good at controlling and manipulating his family.  Marrying Anjali was an impulsive decision because her father had died and he essentially wanted to become her and her minor sister’s caretaker.  It was motivated by his love for her but it was still an impulsive decision. 

Didn’t Naina let him go when she realized Rahul and his Mom weren’t happy with the marriage arrangement?  This should be the main question.  After Rahul breaks up with Anjali would Naina succumb to family pressure like Rahul did and marry him or would she stand her ground and refuse to marry a man who didn’t love her, prompting Yash Raichand to find another rich single socialite for Rahul played by Preity Zinta?  

I don't think it was shown in the movie that Rahul made choices to please his father. He definitely wasn't a people pleaser. It took quite a bit of convincing from Rohan to see his mum and dad. But I do agree with you he did intend to break up with Anjali. Now that I think about it perhaps their break-up would've been permanent if Yash never agreed and Rahul didn't want to marry anyone else.  Anjali would've supported Rahul to end it because she was reluctant to marry him due to their different class status. She struggled to live in a different country without Yash's blessing. 

It's not very clear what Naina would have done. The deleted scene shows Yash and Naina's father preparing for the engagement while Rahul is marrying Anjali. It doesn't make sense that Naina didn't tell her father to call off the engagement. That might have been just a flaw in the writing. 

Rahul also had no interest in rich socialites. He was getting bored at society parties. 

Edited by sulini76 - 5 months ago
sulini76 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Yes, he would - at least at that moment with Anjali's father still living. He was adopted and felt indebted to his father and wouldn't have gone against that will.

It would have been another filmstory, then.

The Rani tracks in KKHH vs K3G and ChalteChalte vs VeerZaara and then Paheli vs KANK ...I find them interesting ...as I do with the Anushka tracks in RNBDJ vs JTHJ and JHMS vs Zero.

I also find the Madhuri track with SRK interesting with Anjaam - Koyla - DTPH - (GG) - HTHS - Devdas

The only 'constants' in his movies had been Juhi and Kajol - apart from one Kajol movie (Baazigar) they ended up together ...and with Juhi (apart from the two movies where the love was one-sided - Darr/Ram Jaane), both also get together.

Yes agree it would've been another story about the tension between father and son.

sulini76 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I don't know, he loved Anjali so much that while he would agree to not marry her, I also don't think he would agree to marry anyone else. Especially since his only other option was Naina who had flat out made peace with not marrying him and it wouldn't be something she would do afterwards, knowing the truth. Would even Rahul marry any random girl that Yash found if not Naina?

Rani predicted when she was cast in KKHH that there would be a lot of negativity towards her for breaking up the SRK/Kajol jodi. Actually she was accepted by audiences except for the Kajol fans lol so that's good to hear.

Nope, don't think so because Rahul had no interest in rich socialites.