Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

Creative Minds

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

Can there be a way to delete forum and for creators to leave their forum (and the creator's responsibility falls on the manager or something)

I want to delete a forum too which I just made for a specific game

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: carisma2

Also when you open notifs box from mobile, sometimes it stays open and you can't move onto anything else until after going into the notifs randomly to make the box dissappear. That's been happening since the update. 

If you click on the notification 'bell' again, it disappears.

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Please implement a feature when members block other members they can no longer see their posts. It will save members and mods time.

Please implement WL if anyone is spreading misinformation and lies about other members via PMs.

Please implement WL if anyone is making instigating posts and creates an entire topic to take digs at other members  

Please implement WL if anyone changes their username to mock/target another member

Thanks

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

If you click on the notification 'bell' again, it disappears.

Thank you. I will try that when it happens again. 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Helping Hands

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Anikate0025 thumbnail

Thanks for this thread smiley14

D3viL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Please vijay implement a block button.

2016 a bunch of us left because of one person. Right now in bwf it's one person again.. it starts with people posting less and taking their interactions off of the forum again. And that's already starting to happen. All to avoid one person.

10 - 15 people leaving BWF would slow that section down immeasurably in my opinion. It's not a threat, I like the forum but it's difficult to post there when you are constantly been followed and harassed by one person.

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: D3viL

Please vijay implement a block button.

2016 a bunch of us left because of one person. Right now in bwf it's one person again.. it starts with people posting less and taking their interactions off of the forum again. And that's already starting to happen. All to avoid one person.

10 - 15 people leaving BWF would slow that section down immeasurably in my opinion. It's not a threat, I like the forum but it's difficult to post there when you are constantly been followed and harassed by one person.

We already have a block feature where the blocked person cannot quote your post or send you PM. 

Technically it's a challenge for us to prevent a user from reading your post as that would mean multiple checks per post before we show the post and that would slow down the whole site.

I will discuss the matter with the moderators with a few solutions that I have in mind but the challenge is that it can be overused and making the forum topic look weird.

Anyways, for private conversations we have Private Forums where members can have their own discussions with select members.

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: MochaQueen

I want to delete a forum too which I just made for a specific game

We will have the lock forum feature added soon.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I came here to suggest the same thing as D3vil.  I think a lot of what has been happening in the past few weeks would not have occur if India Forums had a block button that worked similarly to other social media sites. 

Certain people’s behavior is becoming problematic. As soon as we think they have assured they will leave us alone. They come right back for more drama. 

It would not give them the same amount of high to trigger others if they knew no matter what they did it could not possibly get them our attention. We can not SEE their topic (just like the block button works on other social media sites). We can not see their comments. (Just like the block button works on sites). It would demotivate them from much of their attention-seeking behavior. As there would be no way for them to get attention. 

At worst there they could still start drama by spreading misinformation about one person to the other through private messages, if they get word they are still active here. The one solution for that is we can report private messages for harassment among other issues if we feel the need. We should be able to bring it to moderators' attention if someone is spreading toxicity behind members' backs intentionally. It should also give them warnings or perhaps other consequences that can hinder their motives for drama. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 3 months ago