Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Posted: 11 days ago

Originally posted by: DevilHere

Bugs :

I see the teams pill even on non IPL related forum and clicking it takes me to the user already logged in click here to be redirected page

The settings/option wheel at the top right of the forum page that was earlier showing show signature option has no option anymore 

On clicking any button or hyperlinks there's a blue flash box around it

The webpage loads real slow. After logging in you're on the click here to redirected page for 5-6 secs before redirecting you and mostly end of using the click here button. Not the most pleasant UX

Clicking on message notification user icon in the top header all three menus open up together those should only be visible one at a time

Suggestion:

The forum hyperlink on top of each page is not bold at all has no hover property and therefore seems like a ordinary text and not a clickable hyperlink 

For the nth time the expand UX :

The expand button comes over the text take this for eg 

Screenshot_2024-04-26-22-14-44-59_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

And when I press the expand button there's no more extra text .We should not have expand button in that case .Screenshot_2024-04-26-22-14-53-13_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Can we not have similar implementation like with the page info modal a small button to the side with expand collapse both functionality 

Screenshot_2024-04-26-22-14-15-51_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Or twitter show more hyperlink implementation 

Reddit and Instagram click on the box to expand or collapse these would be much cleaner UX 

Answering them individually.

I see the teams pill even on non IPL related forum and clicking it takes me to the user already logged in click here to be redirected page

Yes we would get this fixed.

The settings/option wheel at the top right of the forum page that was earlier showing show signature option has no option anymore 

We do have this option forum post page. The page which is showing just the topics list do not. We can add the option there also.

On clicking any button or hyperlinks there's a blue flash box around it

Can you share some screenshot so that we can understand the issue better.

The webpage loads real slow. After logging in you're on the click here to redirected page for 5-6 secs before redirecting you and mostly end of using the click here button. Not the most pleasant UX

It is set that way by design as it is to ensure that login javascript runs on the page (different devices). We would see if we can have a countdown kind of thing so that it's easier.

And when I press the expand button there's no more extra text .We should not have expand button in that case .

That is based on the quote box height  and in some cases that might happen even if it's little more.

Or twitter show more hyperlink implementation 

Reddit and Instagram click on the box to expand or collapse these would be much cleaner UX

We would look into this.

Edited by vijay - 11 days ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Detail Spotters

Thanks Vijay bhai for sorting the forum page fonts and sizing. It looks better now!

I would like the post text to be increased by two or three points. Current font size is really small. Even the reply edit size looks good. 

Another thing about the Private forums, all the members are linked under the tag of Creator. IMG_20240427_181420.jpg

Edited by Satrangi_Curls - 11 days ago
vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

Thanks Vijay bhai for sorting the forum page fonts and sizing. It looks better now!

I would like the post text to be increased by two or three points. Current font size is really small. Even the reply edit size looks good. 

Another thing about the Private forums, all the members are linked under the tag of Creator. IMG_20240427_181420.jpg

We will be fixing the Private forums thing where all the members are linked under the tag of Creator. 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

We do have this option forum post page. The page which is showing just the topics list do not. We can add the option there also.

Shouldn't it be a button/toggle though? For a FFE, the drop-down is showing migrate and show signature, both are non related things. Also, won't it be a little cumbersome rendering wise to show as a drop-down and gear icon instead of a toggle (or button, but mobile view a button would look clunky)

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

Shouldn't it be a button/toggle though? For a FFE, the drop-down is showing migrate and show signature, both are non related things. Also, won't it be a little cumbersome rendering wise to show as a drop-down and gear icon instead of a toggle (or button, but mobile view a button would look clunky)

We moved the show/hide signature option inside thr gear icon for 2 reasons :

1. Lack of space in Mobile view

2. Some options are user specific and this is why many things we have moved inside gear icons as when the user clicks it we are aware which user it is and we can show them relevant options. And we are gradually changing all the pages to cached pages at server level, which allows us to cache the base page which is common for all users and rest of the changes are done post rendering on user screen. This reduces the load on the server as it does not have to generate the same page multiple times for different users and speeds up the site considerably.

Still we would look into all alternatives.

shalu_libra thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I’m unable to edit my posts smiley13

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: shalu_libra

Is it due to the post OPTIONS menu not opening?

And also can you tell us if other drop down menus opening like the one just beside the forum topic headline at the top?

please let us know the device you are using.

RiddlerPump thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi Vijay,

thanks for the support so far. I am unable to edit my posts. lost the dropdown on options since the past 3-4 days. Can you help with this?

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Hi, why can't I see social media posts in quotes or at least expand a quoted post with social media content in it?

Posting an example/screenshot of the issue:

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 12.34.09 AM.png

Edited by Chemcart_MJ - 11 days ago
RiddlerPump thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shalu_libra

same problem Vijay. I am unable to edit my posts as well. lost the dropdown on options since the past 3-4 days. Can you help with this?