Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FleetingWishes. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 months ago

Honestly, even if they'd shown something like Abhimanyu letting go of Akshara not because he himself wanted but because of his mom and believing he had to make a 'sacrifice' and choose his mom and akshara deserved better, and letting her go without all those harsh words and what not -- it would've been far better and they could've built an entire story and narrative around that. But nothing about this show or story makes sense.🀣 Inko bas jaise taise sirf or sirf episode count se matlab hai.

Originally posted by: yellomellow

There was never a point to his character other than separating the leads. There was nothing special about his character either. Characters and ships don't bring TRPs the story does. He brought no conflict or drama to the shown with the exception to his constant crying. He was a placeholder at best because the makers didn't know what to do with the show.

The narrative he was better for her never made any to me sense because their entire relationship was built on lies and her running from the truth. He wanted to fill his empty photo frames and she needed an excuse NOT to raise her own son. He knew nothing about her for six years and nor did she care about him or his feelings for six years. Their relationship was manipulative and completely devoid of any honesty. She constantly lied to him and he never questioned her for it because he would be alone again. Honestly, there were times I thought Abhinav deserved better, but then he would emotionally gaslight her to get what he wanted so my pity vanished.

ITV separations and leaps are the simplest tracks to write, but the fact the makers destroyed the entire show and every single character to force Abhinav into the story never made any sense to me. ITV leaps centers around the female lead and her bond with her child. Separations are for the female leads to become independent, but makers used Akshara  to uplift his character. Better clothes, better environment, and better mothers. TRPs always increase with leaps because the female leads get to shine. She was given none of that instead they showed an educated woman that comes from wealth in 2023 needing to marry a stranger she met on the bus to raise her son and to function in society. It was extremely regressive where the leap failed. The same character was a running a business in a foreign country and taking care of her older brother going through a mental breakdown. His addition to the show didn't gain the TRPs they wanted or expected so he was removed. The problem is the maker built the entire show around his one-dimensional character for eight months for no reason other than separating the leads. 

Personally, I think there was some internal issues going on with the team.  His character didn't provide anything to the story or the show. In fact, makers waited until a month before his death to develop his so-called love story was telling. Her love for him was to add more impact to his death, but TRP was still 2.1 even with his death track. I was expecting at least 2.4 for his death track. Death tracks especially on this show always garner TRPs. His introduction was a miscalculated and emotional move that cost them the show. 

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘He was a prop to separate leads and now at the end was prop to unite them.

Edited by sweet_tania - 10 months ago

The first divorce was as bad as the second one. Like he should've been furious as hell and what not but he did call the media, poora tamasha hua, phir direct divorce papers without even talking to her. And both times inki shaadi 4 mahine se zyaada nahi tiki. Ab is data set pe kaunsa viewer ya audience kahegi nahi teesri baar tikegi. Or either of them would convincingly feel like nahi teesri baar tikegi.Ek ke baad ek kharaaab decisions liye hain is show ki writing team ne aur itna kachra kiya hai. Na idhar ki na udhar ki. Sab ko barbaad kiya hai line seπŸ˜†

Originally posted by: FleetingWishes.

This! They really did turn Abhimanyu into a full-fledged villain in Akshara's life and cast Abhinav in the most sympathetic light possible. The aggregate choices they've made over the past 7-8 months make no sense to me. Didn't they know who they wanted at the end of this? Were they willing to let HC go if a new pair would make sense? But wouldn't conventional wisdom suggest cast an equally handsome/xyz guy to play the character and establish him like you do a second lead? Instead all the immaturity in abhira's relationship was pinned on abhimanyu and they kind of relayed that abhinav brought in maturity/stability in akshara's life and he is the one who taught her what a healthy relationship is and he's the best and hey after all that now she'll go back to abhimanyu. From akshara's pov, from an audience pov, why would you do that to abhimanyu, akshara, abhir? This was their story and they were supposed to come on top or it was abhinav's story and he was supposed to come on top. It's just a khichri of epic proportions instead. And honestly I get why HC fans are so riled and so angry because they definitely disrespected him quite a lot in this entire period. And the disrespect felt very subtle very backhanded so there's nothing you can do or say on the professional front. 

It's not that I would've minded akshara abhimanyu coming together again if they can make it work and make it make sense. But if it was abhira's story all along abhinav makes zero sense in retrospect and they really messed it all up in the stupidest of ways. It feels like what they did with kairat and ranveer but this looks worse somehow. 

Well I can understand how it must be for abhira fans but since I'm nobody's fan I don't mind πŸ˜† Yrkkh is daily entertainment for me and I really don't see it as a "story" ..itv nowdays is like this. They work on tracks and change the ones which r rejected..ones which get good trps r overrun....

audience accepted abhinav bec they were too pissed with abhim on white day...when they will redeem abhim and show him as a changed man, I don't think audience will remember abhinav ..its all about how they present their chars ..if they killed abhinav in 2 months It would be the same as now..its ok if they trash the soul mate concept in the show itself .

Sonali1968 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

The writers do not have so much brain to think why they just do what strikes their own for the day 

No head and tail of what they want to show 

One sentence answer 

--- To makecthe child Abhir mentally tortured , to push him in depression, ... That is what I feel...

Originally posted by: Krinya

Well I can understand how it must be for abhira fans but since I'm nobody's fan I don't mind πŸ˜† Yrkkh is daily entertainment for me and I really don't see it as a "story" ..itv nowdays is like this. They work on tracks and change the ones which r rejected..ones which get good trps r overrun....

audience accepted abhinav bec they were too pissed with abhim on white day...when they will redeem abhim and show him as a changed man, I don't think audience will remember abhinav ..its all about how they present their chars ..if they killed abhinav in 2 months It would be the same as now..its ok if they trash the soul mate concept in the show itself .

Honestly I love that redemption/grovelling premise but they didn't do it any justice. And I agree audience reacted to akshnav more out of schadenfreude, at least I did. They should've established Abhimanyu as the ML, that is in a more heroic light, while Abhinav was alive -- when you make your audience feel that, and want them back together even before there is any possibility -- that's when you've succeeded because there's this narrative tension and irony the audience gets and you don't. IDK why I keep going back to that instance of Armaan bringing sid and riddhima together despite how much it hurt him but doing it because he loved Riddhima so much he wanted to see her happy at any cost. Like he was definitely the hero in that track because you felt his pain so much more. The n number of ways they could've established abhira/abhimanyu over abhinav before killing abhinav to lead smoothly into this or not have dismantled abhira/abhimanyu like that in the first place. Some times I feel like DKP's worse than ekta but DKP gets its trps and is on top with both of its shows so I guess you can't say their methods don't work for them in the short term. As a fan you'd better off with an ekta ship or maybe not.  Basically, ITV shipping is not worth it.🀣

If this works to bring him closer to Abhimanyu I guess that's one step in the right direction then.

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: FleetingWishes.

πŸ€—hello I missed you too!! I actually quit watching the show for the longest time cos I found akshnav boring and was waiting for abhira to come back around to see how it'll play out (idk if you'd like garima's version of them but yeah no) but the way they've done it pisses me off so much! Since I also watch the show in passing I can be much more objective about it than I usually am about characters I love. I don't understand the storytelling choices they've made and it's endlessly frustrating to me. I have no confidence in their ability to salvage this. 

I'd definitely agree that Abhimanyu the dad was completely, utterly wronged. This show doesn't have a good track record of showing dads being right tho so idk. Even Kartik bore the guilt of losing 5 years of KV's life and Naira was shown to be quite insensitive to it a few times. 

LOL I never watched this show in the last two years....my introduction to Abhira has been retroactively after getting interested in the Abhimanyu-Abhir angle in this leapπŸ˜†.

I went back to watch the story to get the full context....still feel WD hoopla was overblown when we have seen wayyyy harsher things done by MLs on ITV and people get over them as realizations/remorse happens. Here, people over-react to everything that Abhimanyu does and makers use that to their advantage to drive wedges and get audience engagement on and offline. 

I don't feel Abhimanyu was painted as a villain for 8 months....it was Nav who was over glorified but that didn't make Abhimanyu a villain if you look at the narrative objectively. Heck, if you want to take everything shown at face value, they also showed Nav himself saying many times that Abhimanyu is a great person, wonderful person blah blah....so who can we then say that makers definitively wanted to show Abhi as a villain? 

Yes, most of the writing is a khichdi since makers wanted to have it all ways to keep the drama going....but I still don't feel they definitively picked any side.....Abhimanyu's pain still came through clearly at every point even with reduced SS....I feel HC has done a stupendous job in this leap of navigating very complicated emotions for Abhimanyu. The kind of things he's been put through as a character are just unimaginable....the level of gaslighting done to him has made me totally sympathize with him this leap. 

What you are calling the makers painting Nav a hero has only made me sympathize more with Abhimanyu cuz no one gave him empathy as a father.....his fatherhood was constantly degraded even when he made so many efforts to make up for his mistakes, to not hold grudges against those who wronged him on this....Akshara literally treated him like trash throughout this leap in a very forced manner - so to me that didn't make her a heroine....it only made Abhimanyu the more sympathetic figure who bore it all from her. 

The execution ofcourse is still quite a drag and a mixed bag....but the intent of the narrative as far as I can see it is that life goes on even after you go through unimaginable things. I dunno about others but for me it is not unfathomable that you can try to move on in life but still not succeed and life somehow brings you back to the very person you tried to foresake so much.....yes it might be a first for ITV given the level to which makers dragged out Nav pointlessly πŸ˜†....but he was always a dragging tactic, never that final second chance for Ak.....or they would have made their relationship wholesome on that level. For me, the actual reactionary narrative has been that of Ak jumping to Nav while always being so fired up to keep fighting with Abhimanyu for all kinds of forced reasons. You don't behave that way when you have moved on definitively in life. 

And the very fact that Ak's new life was built on blocking Abhimanyu from his son and acting so righteous about it always made it plain to me that it was never going to last. 

You're talking about how makers made Nav appear so "right"....lol jo saccha hota hai, usko itne testimonials ki zaroorat nahin padti. End of the day, his "rightness" doesn't make Abhimanyu wrong...this either or approach is a presumption from some of the audience cuz Ak has been venting out her anger blindly and irrationally at Abhimanyu. She has become blind to the fact that Abhimanyu has always been a good person who had a moment of failing, that's it. 

Right now, makers are just treating them as individual characters rather than trying to do a "love story"....and whatever "love story" emerges will likely be different from whatever their OG versions were anyways. 

Just that I don't get the point of outraging so much over their divorces or seperations....lol this is common in ITV and I don't get the point of mocking it when shows have to continue....if you are the leads, you have to go through all this.....that's just how ITV is πŸ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail

Sorry forgot to mention one point in my previous post. I feel the Kaira and Kairav situation was very different. 

Kartik bore the guilt of losing 5 years in Kairav's life but he was never made to feel IRRELEVANT in KAIRAV'S life....he was never told by Naira ki tumhare hone, na hone se kuch khaas farak nahin padega in Kairav's life....Naira empathized with his pain as a father even as she clashed with him on his failures as a husband....she never even for a moment erased Kartik from his son's life...in fact she always kept an image of him alive in his son's life. 

What Akshara has done is inhumane on a level that absolutely confounds me....she not only erased Abhimanyu from his son's life, she then GLOATED about it every chance she got - that he is irrelevant cuz he didn't raise Abhir (umm cuz he didn't know Abhir existed, you daft woman), that a birth father means nothing, that Abhimanyu is trying to BUY his son's affection....she has said so many disgusting, inhumane things to Abhimanyu to far supersede any harsh thing he may ever have said to her.....she used his son as a weapon to hurt and trash him. And then she happily went about boasting of her "happy Kasauli family"....a family she built by conditioning Abhimanyu's son to never know his existence and consider someone else his father....lol smiley32

They have absolutely decimated any previous record of complicated father-son relationships they had with this leap. What Akshara has done is beyond the pale in too many ways to describe....lol