So...what was the point of bringing in Abhinav?

FleetingWishes. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 months ago

Zama said, and I'm rephrasing here, that Abhinav's character sketch was written from the start with an end in mind. In fact, they had an entire path mapped out for what was going to happen and why, all in accordance with theme that's about insta love marriages and whatever the take Shahi had adopted after a mid response to the post wedding tracks. 

The problem is, Abhinav is gone, and now when you look back I cannot see the purpose of his existence and track in the show? Sure, were he here to stay, and were he ACTUALLY paired as endgame with Akshara it would've made a lot of sense. He was clearly the better choice for Akshara. They had this sense of equanimity between them. This tranquility and quietude that's so hard to find in relationships portrayed on ITV. Objectively, his love and support for Akshara was portrayed in an unparalleled light. Which brings me to my point. 

You established Abhinav as the ultimate partner to Akshara, in fact, as the ULTIMATE partner period only to bring the story back to abhira as a second chance lovestory? Am I right? Moving on in life. It may sound okay, but when you think about it, you have two people as the leads of a story, you dismantle whatever they have, insert another character who is better paired with the lead, then dismantle that, then go like maybe the lead can move on with the first guy again, what can we do this is life?? 

Who writes a story like that? The point is, I'm still trying to understand what contribution Abhinav had in Abhira's story instead of dismantling it? Now the story's back to focusing on Akshara and Abhimanyu and their relationship but it was out of the spotlight for so long you kind of feel really disjointed as an audience. And the dissonance is coming from how out of picture Abhimanyu has been for the past 6-8 months? He only had a reactionary track at best and most of his time in these 7-8 months was spent in self-pity and wallowing (even if realistic pretty monotonous and boring after a point). He was never really the highlight of most tracks. And his and Akshara's relationship was a second thought if anything. The story clearly wasn't about them at all. THEM and THEIR RELATIONSHIP. 

I'd a few hypotheses. One of them was that they'd pull an Armaan with Abhimanyu probably and make his redemption all about him bringing Akshara/Abhinav closer or Abhir/Akshara/Abhinav closer had Abhir started disliking them. Anything that kind of highlighted how the story was still him, akshara, and them. But when you look back there's nothing like that. In fact there's HARDLY a continuity of arcs for abhimanyu/akshara/abhir.

Instead the one guy you built with the FL for MONTHS is dead. The other guy's back in limelight, and the khulasa of those 7-8 months is a simple apology. See, there's nothing wrong with his apology. There's nothing wrong with him giving abhir back. He's trying and you see that. But abhira didn't even exist for 8-9 months. and existing isn't even about a couple existing. It's that thread of emotional development that is keeping two people joined in a story if it's their story. Like a kashish sujal or Armaan Riddhima (for the 'most' part. Not like DMG didn't muck it up a few times). Or a Kartik Naira. Their separations were all about them despite a Vedika hanging in the background. 

So now you have Akshara and Abhimanyu in the frame again. And they'll probably bring them together. But as a viewer when you look at a story as a whole, and you feel this weird, overwhelming sense of disconnect, you really start asking where did it began and what was the point of Abhinav in THEIR story? Akshara would've been strong with or without him. All of this would've happened without him. Or at least without their love story.

What Abhinav added to the main story's a pretty different debate. But in terms of unity, what did he add to Abhira's story? What was this grand plan that Zama had that I cannot understand? Someone explain?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Susi26 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I just a made a topic about the similar thing.. After all this happened, can everything become normal between Abhira.. it definitely look weird if they come together. They are showing Arohi being still widow, but Ak the FL is going here and there. Why is that so? Writing sucks. They are ruining every track that they have started. 

I don't see how it's the fans that would make them do a 180. The fans have been demanding the same since a long time, in fact since Abhira's meetup in Kasauli, and despite that they did a 180, made the story akshnav/abhinav centric to the point Abhimanyu was used as a bg prop in so many places. Also had they been unsure, or wanted to test what couple would get them more mileage, they would've killed him like they killed Naira or Akshara to leave room for a comeback. They probably always knew they were going to kill Abhinav all along which is fine but what was the point of it all 😆

And Abhimanyu's now going to coparent with both Arohi and Akshara?😆 Zama might've made Abhira less cringey but he also put the final nail in their coffin. They will have to resurrect the story and do a complete overhaul or something at this point. It's all soo disjointed. 

shwetha85 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Susi26

I just a made a topic about the similar thing.. After all this happened, can everything become normal between Abhira.. it definitely look weird if they come together. They are showing Arohi being still widow, but Ak the FL is going here and there. Why is that so? Writing sucks. They are ruining every track that they have started. 

It will be like this, so either we quit watching or embrace this toxicity. Thats all we can do. 

They will use the kid's depression and bring them together that we will live together for our son etc and again Akshara will fall in love with Abhimanyu and their toxic saga will continue. 🤣🤣🤣

DT edited: fandom comment

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 10 months ago
yellomellow thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

There was never a point to his character other than separating the leads. There was nothing special about his character either. Characters and ships don't bring TRPs the story does. He brought no conflict or drama to the shown with the exception to his constant crying. He was a placeholder at best because the makers didn't know what to do with the show.

The narrative he was better for her never made any to me sense because their entire relationship was built on lies and her running from the truth. He wanted to fill his empty photo frames and she needed an excuse NOT to raise her own son. He knew nothing about her for six years and nor did she care about him or his feelings for six years. Their relationship was manipulative and completely devoid of any honesty. She constantly lied to him and he never questioned her for it because he would be alone again. Honestly, there were times I thought Abhinav deserved better, but then he would emotionally gaslight her to get what he wanted so my pity vanished.

ITV separations and leaps are the simplest tracks to write, but the fact the makers destroyed the entire show and every single character to force Abhinav into the story never made any sense to me. ITV leaps centers around the female lead and her bond with her child. Separations are for the female leads to become independent, but makers used Akshara  to uplift his character. Better clothes, better environment, and better mothers. TRPs always increase with leaps because the female leads get to shine. She was given none of that instead they showed an educated woman that comes from wealth in 2023 needing to marry a stranger she met on the bus to raise her son and to function in society. It was extremely regressive where the leap failed. The same character was a running a business in a foreign country and taking care of her older brother going through a mental breakdown. His addition to the show didn't gain the TRPs they wanted or expected so he was removed. The problem is the maker built the entire show around his one-dimensional character for eight months for no reason other than separating the leads. 

Personally, I think there was some internal issues going on with the team.  His character didn't provide anything to the story or the show. In fact, makers waited until a month before his death to develop his so-called love story was telling. Her love for him was to add more impact to his death, but TRP was still 2.1 even with his death track. I was expecting at least 2.4 for his death track. Death tracks especially on this show always garner TRPs. His introduction was a miscalculated and emotional move that cost them the show. 

Edited by yellomellow - 10 months ago
Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

Makers were trying to sell cross couples themes, Abrohi and Navra.

When the former did not work, they latched on to Navra.

I do believe certain members of the writing team wanted Abhinav to be the endgame.

From my perspective Abhinav did not dismantle Abhira, the manner in which Abhimanyu divorced Akshara destroyed their ship.

After custody drama, the happy Sharma family had a perfect ending.

Akshara could have gone back with a co-parenting agreement. Purpose served.

As of now everything is quite messed up.

Why Abhinav got an exit? 

probably DKP wants to increase episode count or continue till a certain date.

Edited by Salutethearmy - 10 months ago

I doubt forum fans can sway makers as such. Or twitter fans for that matter. Aisa hota toh Kaira bhi na alag hote. TRP is all that matters. 

Blackwater thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

With you on this…“Main kuch bhi karogi “ and “Haan Haan kuch bhi karo main tokunga nai” couple only increased number of episodes and had nothing to offer..to justify how “compatible “ both of these were the entire narrative was rewritten and it added nothing to the story except for misery for the viewers..now the episodes have been hell boring and there is no inclination for abhira either (atleast for some). It would have been better had the makers gone for the couple or not shown them in love at all.

shwetha85 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: FleetingWishes.

I doubt forum fans can sway makers as such. Or twitter fans for that matter. Aisa hota toh Kaira bhi na alag hote. TRP is all that matters. 

Correct but TRPs were good when Abhinav was around. RS said that Zama wrote the character Abhinav and saved the show otherwise the show was getting axed 9 months ago after the Akshara Mauritius track. Anyway. it is what it is. We either leave or embrace this nonsense