Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

Creative Minds

Posted: 9 months ago

I read your reply already, what was the need to edit it?😆

Anyway, I understand your frustration, just be patient. I am sure they are going through all the reports and trying to be fair to all fandoms. Fighting or bashing will not help. You need to understand they also have a life outside of the YRKKH forum.

ExpectoPatronu thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MochaQueen

I read your reply already, what was the need to edit it?😆

Anyway, I understand your frustration, just be patient. I am sure they are going through all the reports and trying to be fair to all fandoms. Fighting or bashing will not help. You need to understand they also have a life outside of the YRKKH forum.

Edited because I didn't want to involve you in it. 

2 weeks ho gaye hain, aap bhi yahi hai apko dikh raha hai ki moderators koi reply kar rahe hain hame? Sare concerns ko simply ignore kiya gaya hai aur forum me bhi koi change nahi hai, na rules me na moderation me

2 weeks bahut time hota hai 

Banner competition ke issue wala page aap check karo, waha moderators dusre group ko har issue pe reply to kar rahe the aur unka issue 2 din me hi solve kar diya

You are praising them for not doing anything, you can see it yourself

Na koi hamari sun raha hai na help kar raha hai

Hamare forum ke Nav fans ke complaint par 2 din me moderators ke 15 replies aye the, shayad Nav fan hona mandatory hai moderators apke concern ko seriously le iske liye.

14 days ho gaye hamare complaint ko lekin koi action nahi 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5333396

Edited by ExpectoPatronu - 9 months ago
ExpectoPatronu thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You don't know me, hamne kabhi interact bhi nahi kiya hoga, I am tagging you to bring attention to this problem. Ham log ki baat to suni nahi ja rahi, shayad bade accounts agar kuch bole to hame help kare 

Moderation concern raise kiye hame 14 days ho gaye hai assurance ke baad bhi koi issue resolve nahi hua hai, forum moderators to reply tak nahi kar rahe hai repeatedly concerns raise karne ke baad bhi, they are not listening to us 

Please help 🙏🙏 

Minionite thumbnail

Hi all,

I've avoided responding here as this thread and the requests were all made of Vijay, which means it was now above my head. However, given that the topic is still active and a resolution has not been reached, let me try to address each point separately.

On Moderation - We aren't sure what you want us to do here. When the forum only had 2 mods and things started heating up between both fangroups there were demands to take stricter action. As a response, I added 4 more mods to the forum who were strict and only allowed legitimate discussions to stay. Yes, sometimes they removed a post that was just fun banter between friends or they closed a topic in advance of it becoming a problem. But this was all in response to the requests. Then forum members complained that the moderation was too strict, so the moderators relaxed the moderation a bit. Yet, it seems that people are still not happy. So here's my response - Why don't you tell us how you want us moderating the forum - strict or relaxed? After this, the moderators will do as decided and we will simply point people to this thread who complain. After all, if forum members decide the solution, then you can't blame us for the moderation style.

On Biasedness - There never was any biasedness. Both sides simply think we are biased against them. But have you taken a step back and considered that if both sides are thinking we are against them, then maybe moderation is fair? The moderators have no preferences as to whether it is Abhinav with Akshara or Abhimanyu. Yes, one of the mods has started watching the show to ensure that they understand what is going on in the discussions, but they still have no sides.

On Exclusiveness in Threads - No. Every thread, except ATs, are open to all. We cannot stop people from posting in a thread just because they are from the opposite fangroup or because they have an opposing view. Particularly we cannot stop people from posting in the Abhinav exit thread. Abhinav is a character in a show. Some people like him, some people don't. Both groups of people are allowed to express their views. We are not going to stop them from doing that. If Abhinav was a real person, we would expect that people would maintain a certain level of decorum over that person's death, but as he is a fictional character, we cannot stop people from being happy over his death. We have continued to take action against posts that are mocking fangroups or fans in particular.

On Private Forums - We have been well aware of the private forums and what is going on in them for quite some time, but this is not something that I have access to or can deal with. This is wholly something that Vijay can handle and respond to and I believe his note on page 7 does that well.

Please let me know if I missed anything, but based on everything I've read, I'm sure that I've touched on all the major points. I hope that this resolves any concerns that people may have and that, in the future, issues will be brought to the moderator team in PM. There is a chain of command so if you feel that you want to skip some steps, then that's fine, but PM is non-negotiable. The chain of command: viewbies > moderators > channel moderators > global moderators > Vijay.

MochaQueen thumbnail

Creative Minds

Originally posted by: ExpectoPatronu

Edited because I didn't want to involve you in it. 

2 weeks ho gaye hain, aap bhi yahi hai apko dikh raha hai ki moderators koi reply kar rahe hain hame? Sare concerns ko simply ignore kiya gaya hai aur forum me bhi koi change nahi hai, na rules me na moderation me

2 weeks bahut time hota hai 

Banner competition ke issue wala page aap check karo, waha moderators dusre group ko har issue pe reply to kar rahe the aur unka issue 2 din me hi solve kar diya

You are praising them for not doing anything, you can see it yourself

Na koi hamari sun raha hai na help kar raha hai

Hamare forum ke Nav fans ke complaint par 2 din me moderators ke 15 replies aye the, shayad Nav fan hona mandatory hai moderators apke concern ko seriously le iske liye.

14 days ho gaye hamare complaint ko lekin koi action nahi 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5333396

Why cant I praise them?? I was just trying to be positive  🥺🥺 There's really no point stressing over a show and a bunch of online members.

Koeli thumbnail

Hi Guys,

First of all YRKKH is not a forum that I moderate and I am not aware of the daily issues and I am not here to talk about who is write and who is wrong. There are few things that I want to share as a member of IF and as a mod and i hope I dont come across as a person who is interfering in this matter.

First of all as a member, yes I want to have freedom of speech. This is an open forum where I can share my views, evaluate each the show and the characters and I should have the right to express my opinions. But, I also need to restrict myself from hurting someone by something that I write. We need to understand that there are some people who are sensitive and let us just say we can be a little kind towards them. Sometimes while defending our favourites we forget that we are interacting with poeple whom we dont even know or probably will never converse face to face. We dont know what is going on in their life and what will trigger their emotions. Can we not be a little polite and put across our views in more subtle manner?

Please understand that like you all even moderators are human being. We are same people like you are. But with certain added responsibilities. We have been chosen to moderate forums after years of being a member of this forum. Every moderator has gone through the phase that you are going through right now and trust me at one point of time even they reacted the same why you are guys are reacting. I will not say that you are right and they are wrong or they are right and you are wrong because you guys are not aware of the issues moderators goes through to handle a busy forum like YRKKH. Trust me why I say it is the most difficult task because they have to go through 100s of posts each and everyday and then come to a conclusion. It is very hard for them to send out warning pms or increase WLs because trust me that is the last option they do. They give out endless pms to the offenders to make them understand.

But sometimes when things blow out of proportion, they really have to take such extreme steps. As moderators we never want users to leave this forum but at the same time we need to protect the interest of other users as well. To maintain a basic decorum of the forum moderators do their best. Please remember that we are humans and like every human we also make mistakes and trust me we are also accountable for that to our seniors. The site owner will definitely not like if users leave the site so we do have added pressure apart from the forum chaos.

As a member we sometimes we one side of the coin because we are not aware of the other side of the coin. And the other side thinks just the opposite since things are taken more privately to protect the interest of all the users. You may want to know whether we have increased a certain someone's warning level but just think about it, will you like it if someday your WL is increase and the moderator announce that openly in the forum. I guess you will not want that. But having said that, that doesn't mean moderators arent taking any action. Moderators might have their favorites but that doesn't come when it comes to moderating a forum. That is the reason they have been chosen to moderate with an unbiased mentality. Just because you dont agree with the decision doesn't mean that the decision is wrong. Please understand that when a decision is taken, moderators evaluate both the sides and then take any decision.

I have been a part of IPK forum as a member and currrently a moderator of a channel. It has been a heck of journey that i have enjoyed thoroughly. My respect for this position has increase immensely only when I started moderating. Because i came to know how tough it is to be in this position and keep a cool and calm mind before putting across any major decision.

PhoenixRising thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hi, 
I agree that as a forum user, the major issues are the ones you mentioned. I want to share my views in this regard:
On Moderation - I would like the moderation to be a bit relaxed. However, I cannot speak for everyone and you could probably understand what most people want by maybe conducting a poll or something on the forum?
On Biasedness - Maybe all sides feel there is bias. Personally I have sometimes seen posts edited not because they mocked anyone but just because they criticised a particular character. For example recently I mentioned that certain characters of the show seem "pretentious" to me- this adjective was edited out from my post. I wasn't attacking anyone or mocking any other user, only giving my view on the characters. 

I understand that YRKKH is a busy forum and moderators too are having a hard time handling such large amounts of posts daily but we too are finding it difficult to voice our opinions freely as no matter how polite we are - criticism is criticism and its almost certain that what we say will hurt/bother some other forum user/fan. And if all sides stop being critical - what would anyone talk about? Why even come to the forum then?
I feel more than being sensitive to others, it is important to be tolerant and accept that there will be differences of opinion and disagreements when so many people share their thoughts! When disagreements occur, its wise to stop after a point rather than to continue arguing to try to get the last word in.

Edited by PhoenixRising - 9 months ago
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhoenixRising

Hi, 
I agree that as a forum user, the major issues are the ones you mentioned. I want to share my views in this regard:
On Moderation - I would like the moderation to be a bit relaxed. However, I cannot speak for everyone and you could probably understand what most people want by maybe conducting a poll or something on the forum?
On Biasedness - Maybe all sides feel there is bias. Personally I have sometimes seen posts edited not because they mocked anyone but just because they criticised a particular character. For example recently I mentioned that certain characters of the show seem "pretentious" to me- this adjective was edited out from my post. I wasn't attacking anyone or mocking any other user, only giving my view on the characters. 

I understand that YRKKH is a busy forum and moderators too are having a hard time handling such large amounts of posts daily but we too are finding it difficult to voice our opinions freely as no matter how polite we are - criticism is criticism and its almost certain that what we say will hurt/bother some other forum user/fan. And if all sides stop being critical - what would anyone talk about? Why even come to the forum then?
I feel more than being sensitive to others, it is important to be tolerant and accept that there will be differences of opinion and disagreements when so many people share their thoughts! When disagreements occur, its wise to stop after a point rather than to continue arguing to try to get the last word in.

@ Red: See sometimes what happens is that you may not see anything wrong because you are responding to a post or chatting with a friend, but we may not know the story behind your post. Moderators, especially for such active forums, are often from outside the forum and outside the friendships. They are coming in with an outsider lense. So yes, sometimes posts get edited or trashed that were fine, but to the outsider lense they appeared wrong. If you can link me to the exact post you are talking about, I can read into and try to explain that example properly.

@ Green: I agree. And, as moderators, we do not want to limit discussion. When the moderation team went from 2 mods to 6 mods, it was in response to both fangroups repeatedly either demanding stronger moderation in reports or in PMs. Hence, the 6 mods became stricter. But if it feels too strict, then I agree, we will back off. But I don't think it is right to then complain that mods are becoming lax or siding with one fangroup. We aren't. You asked for strict, we became strict. You're asking for relaxed, we're relaxed.

As moderators, we try to ensure that the basic rules are followed - no personal attacks on fans, no mocking or bashing of moderators/fangroups/celebs, no namecalling, and certain criticisms of characters that are a bit of a stretch and are morally wrong are removed. After that, we are either stricter or relaxed depending on the forum and what the forum members want. For example, WildestDreams and I are also mods in Bollywood Forum. There we are very relaxed, but we have certain no-no topics. Members realize that as well and while they question us when we move something, they aren't protesting too harshly because they know if we are doing something like that, there's a reason behind it. Or Koeli and WildestDreams were mods in KZK2 where they had to become extra tough at the peak of the show because of all the fights between fangroups. The same applied here. From his entrance to about 2-3 months ago, Abhinav and Abhimanyu fans existed in the forum together. There were issues, but we were managing without being too tough. Then things blew up and more action was demanded, so we became tough and added more mods. Now that things have quieted down, we are going back to being relaxed as well.

PhoenixRising thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Minionite

@ Red: See sometimes what happens is that you may not see anything wrong because you are responding to a post or chatting with a friend, but we may not know the story behind your post. Moderators, especially for such active forums, are often from outside the forum and outside the friendships. They are coming in with an outsider lense. So yes, sometimes posts get edited or trashed that were fine, but to the outsider lense they appeared wrong. If you can link me to the exact post you are talking about, I can read into and try to explain that example properly.

@ Green: I agree. And, as moderators, we do not want to limit discussion. When the moderation team went from 2 mods to 6 mods, it was in response to both fangroups repeatedly either demanding stronger moderation in reports or in PMs. Hence, the 6 mods became stricter. But if it feels too strict, then I agree, we will back off. But I don't think it is right to then complain that mods are becoming lax or siding with one fangroup. We aren't. You asked for strict, we became strict. You're asking for relaxed, we're relaxed.

As moderators, we try to ensure that the basic rules are followed - no personal attacks on fans, no mocking or bashing of moderators/fangroups/celebs, no namecalling, and certain criticisms of characters that are a bit of a stretch and are morally wrong are removed. After that, we are either stricter or relaxed depending on the forum and what the forum members want. For example, WildestDreams and I are also mods in Bollywood Forum. There we are very relaxed, but we have certain no-no topics. Members realize that as well and while they question us when we move something, they aren't protesting too harshly because they know if we are doing something like that, there's a reason behind it. Or Koeli and WildestDreams were mods in KZK2 where they had to become extra tough at the peak of the show because of all the fights between fangroups. The same applied here. From his entrance to about 2-3 months ago, Abhinav and Abhimanyu fans existed in the forum together. There were issues, but we were managing without being too tough. Then things blew up and more action was demanded, so we became tough and added more mods. Now that things have quieted down, we are going back to being relaxed as well.

I tried to locate the post I had mentioned but it appears that the post or probably that thread too is deleted! But thanks for taking your time to help me - if something similar does happen again I shall reach out to you.

I didn't mean to imply that mods are siding with a particular group. I just felt that in few instances moderation was a bit excessive. However, I understand your perspective on why moderation had to be strict for a while. And it has been so like you mentioned for some 2-3 months - it didn’t happen earlier. Glad to know that moderation is going to be relaxed again soon. 

@bold - This part seems a bit subjective and hence difficult to abide by. If possible, could you provide an example so we can be mindful of what not to write in our posts rather than have them deleted?

Edited by PhoenixRising - 9 months ago
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhoenixRising

I tried to locate the post I had mentioned but it appears that the post or probably that thread too is deleted! But thanks for taking your time to help me - if something similar does happen again I shall reach out to you.

I didn't mean to imply that mods are siding with a particular group. I just felt that in few instances moderation was a bit excessive. However, I understand your perspective on why moderation had to be strict for a while. And it has been so like you mentioned for some 2-3 months - it didn’t happen earlier. Glad to know that moderation is going to be relaxed again soon. 

@bold - This part seems a bit subjective and hence difficult to abide by. If possible, could you provide an example so we can be mindful of what not to write in our posts rather than have them deleted?

@ Bold: Yes. For example, there were some posts that sl*t shamed Akshara - you know that she had a child with Abhimanyu and now with Abhinav. Or if there are posts that are claiming an unhealthy, sexual relationship between two relatives.

When we were stricter, we were RCVing a lot of criticism that mocked Abhinav for being a doormat or were comparing Abhimanyu and Abhinav or that said that Abhimanyu was in a relationship with his own mother. That last one we would still remove.

When we were stricter, we also removed some mocking posts about Abhinav and Abhimanyu. Like that post on Abhinav's eulogy. Or ones where Abhimanyu was mocked for being a wife beater and then pretending to be a saint. I want to be clear though - if people expressed an opinon like "Abhimanyu is abusive" or "Abhinav is a crybaby", then we left that. I mean more detailed posts like ones that suggested that there were legal or religious implications to the characters.