Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

azaanabbas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Ruby2020

I cant believe some people still rooted for Sultan after he killed her child. That's highly gross.

Exactly. Both me and my sister were completely team Sultan.. then after he killed her child we lost any sympathy for Sultan. There is simply a limit to "Deewangi" and there was no justification for what he did.

Ruby2020 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: azaanabbas

Exactly. Both me and my sister were completely team Sultan.. then after he killed her child we lost any sympathy for Sultan. There is simply a limit to "Deewangi" and there was no justification for what he did.

I stopped watching the show a long time and have no attachment but when I read people saying sultan deserves a happy end with Nageen, I feel so sick.

Yes Danish is a great actor did really well but Sultan completely was a maniac.

The story was ruined for me when Sultan turned evil..I cant relate to evil characters. Wish they had kept him grey with some redeemable qualities. The show would have been something else altogether then..

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Danish Taimoor

I cant believe some people still rooted for Sultan after he killed her child. That's highly gross.

I've actually mentioned this in a post previously. When u watch a show from the beginning you notice sudden inconsistencies in characters. Because once you become familiar with them, u know what they would or wouldn't do. Its like watching a child grow up.

Sultan's 180 degree turn in characterization was the writer's doing to push the story ahead. As a viewer who saw the entire show I knew he wouldn't have done it. It was completely out of character for him. He was highly grey but they wrote him to make him evil, he wasn't evil. Which didn't make sense.

So ofc I knew Sultan wasn't that guy. No matter what the writers did to convince me he wouldn't have murdered...otherwise Haroon and his entire family would've been dead much before.

Sammi266 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I was over Sultan after the kidnapping, to be honest. I've personally not been into the powerful, junooni, aashiq type heros who are forgiven in the drama because they acted out of love (in the story). So what, Nageen was rude to him when he was effectively pestering her, but there's a reasonable level to which you can justify retaliation- ruining a woman's life was entirely out of proportion to what happened to him. I dunno, I guess I'm incapable of understanding romance, but Sultan's behaviour was downright manic in the last episode.

I expected more from Haroon who was supposed to be the anti-Sultan, but he/his family ended up being disappointing too, which is when I stopped watching, basically.

I never really thought Sultan and Nageen were going to be endgame though-even though the OST and title picture seemed to suggest. Imran Abbas was on the title picture for that drama with Sana Javed- and he was never really a romantic prospect, but he was barely even in the drama lol.

Edited by Sammi266 - 4 years ago
Ruby2020 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

I've actually mentioned this in a post previously. When u watch a show from the beginning you notice sudden inconsistencies in characters. Because once you become familiar with them, u know what they would or wouldn't do. Its like watching a child grow up.

Sultan's 180 degree turn in characterization was the writer's doing to push the story ahead. As a viewer who saw the entire show I knew he wouldn't have done it. It was completely out of character for him. He was highly grey but they wrote him to make him evil, he wasn't evil. Which didn't make sense.

So ofc I knew Sultan wasn't that guy. No matter what the writers did to convince me he wouldn't have murdered...otherwise Haroon and his entire family would've been dead much before.

I know what you mean. Inconsistencies in characterizations is the writer fault. They failed to write well.the show dragged and lost its charm IMO

If you go by what they showed then definitely sultan deserved no happiness. Sultan refused to redeem and he kept adding to the negativity.

Haroon and his family were wrong too, so was nageen herself but what sultan did was unforgivable. I dont think anyone would have complained if Nageen Haroon didnt end up together but rooting for nageen sultan despite his evil acts is completely wrong.

Edited by Ruby2020 - 4 years ago
Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Danish Taimoor

I know what you mean. Inconsistencies in characterizations is the writer fault. They failed to write well.the show dragged and lost its charm IMO

If you go by what they showed then definitely sultan deserved no happiness. Sultan refused to redeem and he kept adding to the negativity.

Haroon and his family were wrong too, so was nageen herself but what sultan did was unforgivable. I dont think anyone would have complained if Nageen Haroon didnt emd up together but rooting for nageen sultan despite his evil acts is completely wrong.

If I take episodes individually then Sultan is wrong. But as a complete show then its obvious they wrote him wrong.

I personally feel the writers ruined Sultan because fans were rooting for him till the end. Not him and Nageen, but only him. And they weren't expecting that.

They just made him evil in last few episodes. His ending was appropriate.

Ruby2020 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _NINA_

They just made him evil in last few episodes. His ending was appropriate.

Exactly what else were they suppose to show with him?

Ruby2020 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

If I take episodes individually then Sultan is wrong. But as a complete show then its obvious they wrote him wrong.

I personally feel the writers ruined Sultan because fans were rooting for him till the end. Not him and Nageen, but only him. And they weren't expecting that.

Yes I know nageen wasnt important for the viewers and sultan was. They probably played with his character due to the audience interest in him. They should have given both nageen and sultan better writing and that would have improved the quality of the show.

I remember watching munafiq and I as a viewer only cared for Hamza.. but thankfully they didnt ruin his character. Here in deewangi everything looked forced. Wouldn't sultan have gone to any extent to get his own child back? But they choose to show him kill someone elses child instead..its the writer failure. They should think of all the characters

Edited by Ruby2020 - 4 years ago
Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Danish Taimoor

Yes I know nageen wasnt important for the viewers and sultan was. They probably played with his character due to the audience interest in him. They should have given both nagee and sultan better writing and that would have improved the quality of the show.

I remember watching munafiq and I as a viewer only cared for Hamza.. but thankfully they didnt ruin his character. Here in deewangi everything looked forced. Wouldn't sultan have gone to any extent to get his own child havk? But they choose to show him kill someone elses child instead..its the writer failure. They should think of all the characters

@bold: agreed. At least Nageen still possessed a lot of her old qualities. Sultan seemed like a different man post leap.

I was thinking the same when it came to Rameen. Sultan being so very tenacious would've found a way to reconnect with her. He wouldn't have let his daughter out of his life so easily.

The writers really messed up Narmeen's storyline too. She did most of the goof ups. But instead of her facing the music, they literally showed Sultan "murdering" her...so were we supposed to feel sympathy?