Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Sultan could've been a groundbreaking character. It was Danish and his exceptional acting that made the show. Otherwise there are numerous similar shows which go unnoticed. He genuinely stole the show. Heck even the audience is still rooting for Sultan.

Sultan wasn't always the villain, I bingewatched every episode today and it was only post the leap, after Rida-Fawad's engagement did they make him a full on villain. I think the makers did so seeing the kind of unaminous support he is getting on social media. Maybe because the makers want to give a msg that a guy like Sultan cannot be forgiven or something. They need to be cautious as well...this isn't America where people know that Christian Grey and Massimo are problematic and falling in love with such characters is fictional and escapism.

Still Sultan's such a character that can't be hated only...believe me I tried.

But it looks like the ending is gonna be like Anjaam's. Nageen's also wearing black like Shivani before she killed SRK's character.

Takers and rejectors for characters like Christian, Massimo, Hardin or Sultan will always be 50-50. Some root for them only because of their charismatic presence on screen and their traumatic past. While others reject them for the toxicity they bring in the lives of those they claim to love.

I remember the debates over Christian's character. One section couldn't see beyond his fetish for BDSM and stalking while the other who empathized with him wouldn't look for any negative. But a lot of people agreed that Ana healed him from the wounds of his childhood. Christian wasn't manipulative to Ana. After failing once he genuinely tried and Ana gave him enough chances to heal.

Massimo's character is different altogether. While a lot of people take him solely for the way he looks & the steamy scenes. No one debates on his character much because not much is shown except how he is all alone and is in dire need for a stable and unconditional company of a woman. If we go by the books, Massimo doesn't have a great future with Laura because he remains manipulative throughout the end.

Hardin, again a character who has traumatic childhood, is pathetic character for having agreed to a bet like that & going ahead with it even though he reached a moment of genuine feelings for Tessa. That's where he ruins everything for himself.

Sultan was a character on similar lines. People sympathized with his circumstances and his passion for Nageen despite him doing some questionable things. But he has become highly manipulative by now. He wasn't manipulative in the beginning. It was all straight on the face until that slap where he decides to fake it and destroy everything himself. Even after that he was genuinely apologetic for what he had done. People rooted for him even after leap because they understood that he was desperate. But going for Nageen's child was a really bad move. He could have been shown to genuinely care about her instead of stooping to such evil.

Even audience is 50-50 on Sultan's character but its true that they don't want to romanticize Sultan's last few acts keeping in the mind the kind of message it throws. Asian societies are more concerned about messages they give through their shows and even Pakistani audience has gotten more mature. They can never show a man of such kind have a happy end no matter how complicated his character is psychologically. At the end ita all about final actions he took to deal with the issues and not the reasons. And no reason in the world would ever justify what Sultan did to Nageen's child even though everyone thinks of it as miscarriage.

azaanabbas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sammi266

Nice to see Nageen's saas back to her usual self. I was a little worried for her there when she didn't immediately blame Nageen for what happened to Haroon.

🀣

Word Count: 0

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Danish Taimoor

Originally posted by: arshi_asya

Takers and rejectors for characters like Christian, Massimo, Hardin or Sultan will always be 50-50. Some root for them only because of their charismatic presence on screen and their traumatic past. While others reject them for the toxicity they bring in the lives of those they claim to love.

I remember the debates over Christian's character. One section couldn't see beyond his fetish for BDSM and stalking while the other who empathized with him wouldn't look for any negative. But a lot of people agreed that Ana healed him from the wounds of his childhood. Christian wasn't manipulative to Ana. After failing once he genuinely tried and Ana gave him enough chances to heal.

Massimo's character is different altogether. While a lot of people take him solely for the way he looks & the steamy scenes. No one debates on his character much because not much is shown except how he is all alone and is in dire need for a stable and unconditional company of a woman. If we go by the books, Massimo doesn't have a great future with Laura because he remains manipulative throughout the end.

Hardin, again a character who has traumatic childhood, is pathetic character for having agreed to a bet like that & going ahead with it even though he reached a moment of genuine feelings for Tessa. That's where he ruins everything for himself.

Sultan was a character on similar lines. People sympathized with his circumstances and his passion for Nageen despite him doing some questionable things. But he has become highly manipulative by now. He wasn't manipulative in the beginning. It was all straight on the face until that slap where he decides to fake it and destroy everything himself. Even after that he was genuinely apologetic for what he had done. People rooted for him even after leap because they understood that he was desperate. But going for Nageen's child was a really bad move. He could have been shown to genuinely care about her instead of stooping to such evil.

Even audience is 50-50 on Sultan's character but its true that they don't want to romanticize Sultan's last few acts keeping in the mind the kind of message it throws. Asian societies are more concerned about messages they give through their shows and even Pakistani audience has gotten more mature. They can never show a man of such kind have a happy end no matter how complicated his character is psychologically. At the end ita all about final actions he took to deal with the issues and not the reasons. And no reason in the world would ever justify what Sultan did to Nageen's child even though everyone thinks of it as miscarriage.

Christian Grey messed up badly in the first book, but he put in efforts to redeem himself later. I never supported his toxic traits but felt he deserved a second chance when he was trying to change himself. Atleast we had some context as to why he behaved that way. Although I hated how he went to drink with his ex dom when Ana needed him the most in Book 3.

365 dni is basically Wattpad come to life. Massimo makes Christian look like a Disney Prince πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Yeah I read the storylines of the next 2 books, looks like Laura is a terrible case of Stockholm Syndrome. Its damn problematic.

Sultan as a character had his negative shades, but he also had his rules and boundaries which he never broke for anyone. Had they explored his past, showed him going to a shrink and working on himself, the show would've been much better. Because he was a lonely soul who was surrounded by opportunists and lived his life without parents.

Like I said, he's become full on evil in the last few episodes and @bold: absolutely agree with you.

The miscarriage/abortion really pissed me off. I never expected the writers to go down that path. I don't think I've ever seen something like that in I.TV.

arshi_asya thumbnail

Christian Grey messed up badly in the first book, but he put in efforts to redeem himself later. I never supported his toxic traits but felt he deserved a second chance when he was trying to change himself. Atleast we had some context as to why he behaved that way. Although I hated how he went to drink with his ex dom when Ana needed him the most in Book 3.

365 dni is basically Wattpad come to life. Massimo makes Christian look like a Disney Prince πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Yeah I read the storylines of the next 2 books, looks like Laura is a terrible case of Stockholm Syndrome. Its damn problematic.

Sultan as a character had his negative shades, but he also had his rules and boundaries which he never broke for anyone. Had they explored his past, showed him going to a shrink and working on himself, the show would've been much better. Because he was a lonely soul who was surrounded by opportunists and lived his life without parents.

Like I said, he's become full on evil in the last few episodes and @bold: absolutely agree with you.

The miscarriage/abortion really pissed me off. I never expected the writers to go down that path. I don't think I've ever seen something like that in I.TV.

Actually Fifty shades Darker is much better as it deals with how Christian is trying to heal himself through counselling & how Ana is an important trigger in it. I think everyone hated Christian going to his ex-dom in book 3 to lent out his frustration & Ana was right to give him hard time for that.

Massimo actually makes Christian look like an angel. I mean, this guy literally kidnaps & cuts her off just for his sake. Laura is one hell of a case of Stockholm Syndrome who falls for her captors rather quick. I believe she doesn't even put up a fight against her captor when she is kidnapped for the second time & Massimo is a horrible character. He actually kills her dog & parcels it to her, blaming it on her new kidnapper, even when it was all him throughout.

Sultan can be called a principled villain in this show. Even though some qualities of a charismatic gentleman but his obsession is toxic as hell & moreover, he doesn't seek any sort of help for his behavior. He has serious anger-management issues & a giant ego. Only if he had tacked Nareeman's situation calmly, things could have been very different.

Even I was horrified when Sultan threatened Doctor on gunpoint, especially when Sultan claims to love this woman. All it took them was 3 episodes to turn Sultan into complete evil. In one episode, he actually plants his friend to ruin Haroon's sister emotionally. In next one, he is going after her child & in third, he actually plans to kill Haroon & pass it off as an accident. Now, he ends up killing Ramsha as well. Atleast before that, Sultan was using psychological manipulation to create rift between Haroon-Nageen. But now, he has resorted to actual criminal activity. That's some psychopath or sociopath with immense power out loose.

And it looks like Sultan will be contesting elections but Nageen pretending to be supporting him would plant evidence against him & prove how he is a criminal who only deserves to be in jail for his crimes, leading to Sultan losing elections which he desperately wants to win. That's how Nageen's revenge will be half done. What happens afterwards is ambiguous. Sultan may commit suicide, Nageen may kill him or Sultan may become mentally unstable over a time period.

Edited by arshi_asya - 4 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Sultan was over for me when he betrayed nageen and married narmeen🀒 Initially I tried to reason out where he is coming from ..but after this point ,it became unbearable.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Danish Taimoor

Actually Fifty shades Darker is much better as it deals with how Christian is trying to heal himself through counselling & how Ana is an important trigger in it. I think everyone hated Christian going to his ex-dom in book 3 to lent out his frustration & Ana was right to give him hard time for that.

Massimo actually makes Christian look like an angel. I mean, this guy literally kidnaps & cuts her off just for his sake. Laura is one hell of a case of Stockholm Syndrome who falls for her captors rather quick. I believe she doesn't even put up a fight against her captor when she is kidnapped for the second time & Massimo is a horrible character. He actually kills her dog & parcels it to her, blaming it on her new kidnapper, even when it was all him throughout.

Sultan can be called a principled villain in this show. Even though some qualities of a charismatic gentleman but his obsession is toxic as hell & moreover, he doesn't seek any sort of help for his behavior. He has serious anger-management issues & a giant ego. Only if he had tacked Nareeman's situation calmly, things could have been very different.

Even I was horrified when Sultan threatened Doctor on gunpoint, especially when Sultan claims to love this woman. All it took them was 3 episodes to turn Sultan into complete evil. In one episode, he actually plants his friend to ruin Haroon's sister emotionally. In next one, he is going after her child & in third, he actually plans to kill Haroon & pass it off as an accident. Now, he ends up killing Ramsha as well. Atleast before that, Sultan was using psychological manipulation to create rift between Haroon-Nageen. But now, he has resorted to actual criminal activity. That's some psychopath or sociopath with immense power out loose.

And it looks like Sultan will be contesting elections but Nageen pretending to be supporting him would plant evidence against him & prove how he is a criminal who only deserves to be in jail for his crimes, leading to Sultan losing elections which he desperately wants to win. That's how Nageen's revenge will be half done. What happens afterwards is ambiguous. Sultan may commit suicide, Nageen may kill him or Sultan may become mentally unstable over a time period.

Fifty Shades Darker is the best amongst the trilogy. I've even enjoyed the movie because its an actual redemption track despite all the Leila crap.

U need to watch this review this guy does and he's hilarious 🀣 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSiiicTK-C4

Are the second and third parts available in English? I had to read articles with the summaries because I couldn't find an English translated version...I prefer to always go over the book to see how bad things are. Movies definitely cut out scenes from books.

I like to call Sultan as the perfect case of bipolarness with severe anger management. If he's have had his own parents around this wouldn't have happened. He always had a lack of guidance and felt money could get him everything, but thats not true. As I've seen guys who actually had such traits, I've seen them change too. It take mainly a doctor's help and some family support. So you get it why I am so frustrated.

Why did he get obsessed in the first place? Because he never really had anyone to call his. Bijaan was there but she would have to maintain the family balance too. There was no one who was truly his. That lead to him try keep Nageen in his life by hook or crook. Calmness wasn't his trait, remember he has severe anger management issues.

I could understand his anger at the Narmeen situation but the writers went overboard when they had him push her. Instead if she'd have fallen by herself would still be okay.

@bold: thats the point na thats why I am angry. Sultan aisa tha nahi, toh usko kyu banaya aisa.

Look at these screen caps: the makers messed up by showing desire instead of love, it looks like he's gonna possess/own her πŸ˜•...although I gotta admit I got a little whoozy lol. 🀣

Screenshot-2020-08-18-at-6-23-31-PM.png

Screenshot-2020-08-18-at-6-23-44-PM.png

Screenshot-2020-08-18-at-6-24-14-PM.png

Screenshot-2020-08-18-at-6-24-33-PM.png

Screenshot-2020-08-18-at-6-25-18-PM.png

Screenshot-2020-08-18-at-6-25-39-PM.png

If they end it with him losing his mind it would be like Jhooti. I doubt they'll do that since Jhooti was a huge deal this year right? Sultan might die or he might still have his wealth et. al but be empty within.

Edited by Ashley.Tisdale - 4 years ago
arshi_asya thumbnail

Fifty Shades Darker is the best amongst the trilogy. I've even enjoyed the movie because its an actual redemption track despite all the Leila crap.

U need to watch this review this guy does and he's hilarious 🀣 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSiiicTK-C4

Are the second and third parts available in English? I had to read articles with the summaries because I couldn't find an English translated version...I prefer to always go over the book to see how bad things are. Movies definitely cut out scenes from books.

I like to call Sultan as the perfect case of bipolarness with severe anger management. If he's have had his own parents around this wouldn't have happened. He always had a lack of guidance and felt money could get him everything, but thats not true. As I've seen guys who actually had such traits, I've seen them change too. It take mainly a doctor's help and some family support. So you get it why I am so frustrated.

Why did he get obsessed in the first place? Because he never really had anyone to call his. Bijaan was there but she would have to maintain the family balance too. There was no one who was truly his. That lead to him try keep Nageen in his life by hook or crook. Calmness wasn't his trait, remember he has severe anger management issues.

I could understand his anger at the Narmeen situation but the writers went overboard when they had him push her. Instead if she'd have fallen by herself would still be okay.

@bold: thats the point na thats why I am angry. Sultan aisa tha nahi, toh usko kyu banaya aisa.

Look at these screen caps: the makers messed up by showing desire instead of love, it looks like he's gonna possess/own her πŸ˜•...although I gotta admit I got a little whoozy lol. 🀣

Screenshot-2020-08-18-at-6-23-31-PM.png

Screenshot-2020-08-18-at-6-23-44-PM.png

Screenshot-2020-08-18-at-6-24-14-PM.png

Screenshot-2020-08-18-at-6-24-33-PM.png

Screenshot-2020-08-18-at-6-25-18-PM.png

Screenshot-2020-08-18-at-6-25-39-PM.png

If they end it with him losing his mind it would be like Jhooti. I doubt they'll do that since Jhooti was a huge deal this year right? Sultan might die or he might still have his wealth et. al but be empty within.

In the last 2 pics, he looks complete psycho, who intentionally wants to create his fear in her mind just for the sake of occupying her mind. Infact, in this episode, he actually acted like a maniac who only wanted to make her fear him. His laugh was that of a maniac who enjoyed Nageen afraid of him. Smoking on her face, teasing how Haroon won't pick her call & everything showed a dangerous side of him.

In reality, anyone would have been afraid of this side of Sultan in reality. Sultan may be shown to have lost his mind in Nageen's deewangi in the end but can't say for sure.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Danish Taimoor

In the last 2 pics, he looks complete psycho, who intentionally wants to create his fear in her mind just for the sake of occupying her mind. Infact, in this episode, he actually acted like a maniac who only wanted to make her fear him. His laugh was that of a maniac who enjoyed Nageen afraid of him. Smoking on her face, teasing how Haroon won't pick her call & everything showed a dangerous side of him.

In reality, anyone would have been afraid of this side of Sultan in reality. Sultan may be shown to have lost his mind in Nageen's deewangi in the end but can't say for sure.

See his expression when he is eating and staring at Nageen, its the expression of possession, obsession, desire. I am telling u the writers are Wattpad readers. It just looks good in fanfics, not in real life. They made Sultan as problematic as Massimo. Had this show been on HBO or Netflix, you can only imagine what they would've shown. Even on I.TV, scenes get pretty heavy these days.

Thats what threw me off guard na yesterday, that how did a guy who wasn't crazy end up like this? Why were they intentionally ruining his character? Thats why I wrote my own version, but I saw Sultan has a problematic guy who could have redeemed himself and had a happy life.

I understood him from a psychological aspect and had hoped he would get closure on the past and be able to move on with his life. But no, the writers were too obsessed creating a lovechild of Wattpad and Anjaam

arshi_asya thumbnail

See his expression when he is eating and staring at Nageen, its the expression of possession, obsession, desire. I am telling u the writers are Wattpad readers. It just looks good in fanfics, not in real life. They made Sultan as problematic as Massimo. Had this show been on HBO or Netflix, you can only imagine what they would've shown. Even on I.TV, scenes get pretty heavy these days.

Thats what threw me off guard na yesterday, that how did a guy who wasn't crazy end up like this? Why were they intentionally ruining his character? Thats why I wrote my own version, but I saw Sultan has a problematic guy who could have redeemed himself and had a happy life.

I understood him from a psychological aspect and had hoped he would get closure on the past and be able to move on with his life. But no, the writers were too obsessed creating a lovechild of Wattpad and Anjaam

Had it been an HBO or a Netflix show, Sultan would have ended up doing a lot worse with her by now for real physically. It's not daily one comes across characters like Sultan in TV shows. He fits the bill for a quintessential sociopath. Sociopaths are due to the circumstances they have faced in their lives, are all about ego & themselves. Even their love is meant to benefit them by hook or by crook. Lying on the face, going to extremes of certain criminal activity just to ensure they get what they want are all the traits. Getting someone killed isn't for the faint hearted. It needs certain kind of madness & utter disregard for the concerned person's life to do that.

I think this TV show was always meant to go this way, show the audience that it doesn't matter if person is charismatic, rich, handsome or powerful, certain behaviors are wrong & need not be taken lightly just because XYZ person is rich & doesn't have the need to do all this stuff and show that people can be crazy regardless of their background & justify by calling themselves Deewana & their madness as deewangi, passion & love, even when it is not. It's a different matter that show's montage-OST & story took people completely off-guard. They had anticipated a romance with bits of revenge & tashan but it ended up being romance thriller.

Let's see how it ends. I am all prepared for Sultan getting the worst ending.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Danish Taimoor

Had it been an HBO or a Netflix show, Sultan would have ended up doing a lot worse with her by now for real physically. It's not daily one comes across characters like Sultan in TV shows. He fits the bill for a quintessential sociopath. Sociopaths are due to the circumstances they have faced in their lives, are all about ego & themselves. Even their love is meant to benefit them by hook or by crook. Lying on the face, going to extremes of certain criminal activity just to ensure they get what they want are all the traits. Getting someone killed isn't for the faint hearted. It needs certain kind of madness & utter disregard for the concerned person's life to do that.

I think this TV show was always meant to go this way, show the audience that it doesn't matter if person is charismatic, rich, handsome or powerful, certain behaviors are wrong & need not be taken lightly just because XYZ person is rich & doesn't have the need to do all this stuff and show that people can be crazy regardless of their background & justify by calling themselves Deewana & their madness as deewangi, passion & love, even when it is not. It's a different matter that show's montage-OST & story took people completely off-guard. They had anticipated a romance with bits of revenge & tashan but it ended up being romance thriller.

Let's see how it ends. I am all prepared for Sultan getting the worst ending.

Yeah exactly if it were HBO things would've been a lot more explicit. I feel he is a person who has been on the wrong path his entire life. Mainly because he never had anyone to guide him properly. Coz one side of his was he wouldn't wrong other females who were trying to woo him, he was very clear he didn't want to get married to Narmeen (the only reason he did was out of pressure), he was quite moofat when it came to his uncle and family. He didn't know social norms only. Sultan's family was in politics since generations, I think he is used to seeing deaths and murders around him all the time. And somewhere I feel Nageen pushed him over the edge.

I went through the show's first look promos today. And Sultan was trying to talk to her, she was the one who became rude, spilled water over his suit, had a pissed off expression. She could've dealt with the situation much differently. Even her friend had said that you should hear him out once. Nageen could've been Sultan's Ana, if ukwim. She would've brought him on track, suggested a counsellor, meds, etc. That would've been better. And if not Nageen then some other girl post the leap.

I dont think the writers had planned it post the leap tbh. Or rather they'd only planned uptil Sultan's marriage with Narmeen. Coz when you watch it in one go na, it looks like a hot mess post Episode 12.

The promos and montages actually hinted initially that there is revenge but Nageen ki mohabbat would be Sultan. She would fall for him. But the OST's lyrics gave away the story. Coz it was Sultan's story since day 1, even the song suggests so.