Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nep3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
apart from this forced marriage ..now i am starting to like this drama ..and loved hospital scene ..
-shabz- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Carpe_diem

Okay what is happening..i just finished watching the first 4 episodes..why do they get married??

The show was making sense and it was gripping but what is this twist? They were arguing about their respective professions and suddenly he asks her to marry him??

It is not only shocking but completely illogical and absurd!! I hope the rest of the drama makes sense..didn't like this twist at all...completely meaningless

Yup the whole scene was forced.
We had that discussion here when it aired...it's like the writer didn't have any other scenarios in which those two could have gotten married, like kuch bhi... Bas shaadi Kara do
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -shabz-

Yup the whole scene was forced.
We had that discussion here when it aired...it's like the writer didn't have any other scenarios in which those two could have gotten married, like kuch bhi... Bas shaadi Kara do

Basically, Haider did not want to apologize to Mishal when she told him to do so on the show. To stump her he proposed marriage. He thought that obviously she would decline and he would not have to say sorry to her but Mishal was being just as stubborn as him at that point hence in the heat of the moment she made a rash decision. Haider had no plans to marry her but since he proposed on national television along with not wanting to lose to Mishal he continued playing along rather than saying whoops nvm.

Mishal was out of character in that scene because she had just lost her father; he had committed suicide and everyone was blaming her. She wasn't even allowed to enter the house for his funeral. On top of that her last interaction with him was sour. She was in shock and grief so she completely lost it on the show as here was a man, a politician right beside her which reminded her of her recently deceased father. Everything came rushing back and so she let lose on Haider. She was not thinking straight at all here. Mishal provoked Haider and took all her anger out on him.

People are prone to making rash decisions when they are upset and not thinking rationally. Both characters were acting and reacting towards a certain situation. Haider was at the wrong place at the wrong time (or was it the right place at the right time)? Something major had just occurred in Mishal's life and then Haider, a politician comes in front of her so she becomes blinded by rage which in turn pisses Haider off. It's normal to go out of character in such scenarios. Once both had calmed down they realized the gravity of the situation they had put themselves in. That's when Haider is like I am dropping her back home and we are getting a divorce.

Yes, the show can be filmy, and dramatic at times but you have to pay attention to everything that is happening to really understand the actions and reactions of these characters. I had found that whole sequence pretty funny because it seemed random but then it all made sense when I thought back to everything that had occurred previously.
Edited by canuck-umz - 8 years ago
-shabz- thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Basically, Haider did not want to apologize to Mishal when she told him to do so on the show. To stump her he proposed marriage. He thought that obviously she would decline and he would not have to say sorry to her but Mishal was being just as stubborn as him at that point hence in the heat of the moment she made a rash decision. Haider had no plans to marry her but since he proposed on national television along with not wanting to lose to Mishal he continued playing along rather than saying whoops nvm.

Mishal was out of character in that scene because she had just lost her father; he had committed suicide and everyone was blaming her. She wasn't even allowed to enter the house for his funeral. On top of that her last interaction with him was sour. She was in shock and grief so she completely lost it on the show as here was a man, a politician right beside her which reminded her of her recently deceased father. Everything came rushing back and so she let lose on Haider. She was not thinking straight at all here. Mishal provoked Haider and took all her anger out on him.

People are prone to making rash decisions when they are upset and not thinking rationally. Both characters were acting and reacting towards a certain situation. Haider was at the wrong place at the wrong time (or was it the right place at the right time)? Something major had just occurred in Mishal's life and then Haider, a politician comes in front of her so she becomes blinded by rage which in turn pisses Haider off. It's normal to go out of character in such scenarios. Once both had calmed down they realized the gravity of the situation they had put themselves in. That's when Haider is like I am dropping her back home and we are getting a divorce.

Yes, the show can be filmy, and dramatic at times but you have to pay attention to everything that is happening to really understand the actions and reactions of these characters. I had found that whole sequence pretty funny because it seemed random but then it all made sense when I thought back to everything that had occurred previously.

Tum nay bohat socha is baarey main πŸ˜†
But you are right I guess, it makes sense the way you have said it.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Episode 7-8
Such beautiful episodes !! I love these two. Saying it for the nth time I guess, that I have never imagined these two looking so stunning together on screen ! You actually wait for their scenes to come. Even though sometimes it's a bit repititive but ohir bhi you want to see their nok jhok πŸ˜†. The thing I like in this show at the moment that no one is completely negative. They are all acting as per circumstances be it Haider, Mishal or their families. Even Taya's family is not purely negative.. Aise log or more precisely, aise rishtedaar asal mein exist karte hain πŸ˜› .

Ateeqa Odho is suddenly acting like a Mom.. In the sense that her daughter married someone aise hi without her asking n consent. Whatever she is saying is true.. Like every mother would have said the same.. OR everone's reaction on their marriage is obvious.. Cuz aise shadi hona itself if ajeeb πŸ˜†I mean just look at how different their lifestyles are.. Woh toh Mishal is well-natured and polished that she is not munh basoring and living there without bigger complaints accepting that house as hers.. I feel like they are going to open her Mom's character a bit more.. To show why does she behave like whatever she did since the begining of the show.. Cuz she actually cares for her daughters too.

Mishal's siter Sofi, I like her too.. Bechari got married to that Dubai wala paindu who's appearance on screen is a joke it self and the way he speaks 🀣 Like how he calls her 'Sofi Jaannn' LMAAO ! But I like that at least he wants to spend some time with her.. Like relation ka idea hai usko apne.. But still us bande k sath rehna mushkil hai .. But he is really funny sometimes. I loved how Ateeqa says to Sofi k isey thora polish karo πŸ˜†.

I love how both Mishal n Sofi respect the act of marriage.. Like they actually want to nibhaofy their shadi once they are married unlike their Mom. It is actually a positive thing in their upbringing or whatever you call it.

Humna has started accepting Mishal as her Bhabhi.. Thora thora I feel it.. She is good..when she gave her new dress to her on the very first night I loved their scene n the little nice thingy between them. I am eager to see their bond in the upcoming episodes.

There are some parts that I absolutely loved between the couple..

- firstly when he wants to drop her home the next morning but media comes over n ask her inappropriate questions .. That part was dramatically awesome ans was shot nicely. I loved it. I wanted someone to bring Daniyal and here it was.. I loooved that part.. It looked dramatic but I loved how he defended her in front of them n took her back home 😳

- the main thing when she is performing on stage and he comes there in anger and grabs her hand and take her away sab k samne se.. Ufff... Kia zabarsdast scene tha woh I love how possessive he is for her ! N then heis like aise hi ghar chalo kapron k sath πŸ˜†

- LOVED LOVED their scene at Mishi's house.. Mishal's answer was amaaazing in the end.. Iss shaadi ko main akhri damm tak nibhaungi and Haider's look after thaattt ☺️❀️

LOVED it !
Carpe_diem thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I finished 12 episodes and i like all the characters but mishal's character stood out for me..i like the way she interacts with her mother-in-law and sister-in-law..she knows that they dislike her but she continues to work on her relationship with them..she's not sugary and sweet and an alla miya ki gaai when they disapprove of her actions..she's calm and composed and she justifies her actions and this maturity is a treat to watch.

I like the drama so i'll watch it till the end but there's one thing that i did not like. How ironic is it that mishal is asked to give up her career because it is not 'respectable' when pakistani actresses continue to work in dramas even after marriage?
I do not want to pick on small things but there is world of difference between giving up her career because she wants to and giving up her career because she's been asked to..

-shabz- thumbnail
The only problem I have with this show is why on earth is Haadi wearing leather jackets lol
I still am wondering why they got married πŸ˜†
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Carpe_diem

I finished 12 episodes and i like all the characters but mishal's character stood out for me..i like the way she interacts with her mother-in-law and sister-in-law..she knows that they dislike her but she continues to work on her relationship with them..she's not sugary and sweet and an alla miya ki gaai when they disapprove of her actions..she's calm and composed and she justifies her actions and this maturity is a treat to watch.

I like the drama so i'll watch it till the end but there's one thing that i did not like. How ironic is it that mishal is asked to give up her career because it is not 'respectable' when pakistani actresses continue to work in dramas even after marriage?
I do not want to pick on small things but there is world of difference between giving up her career because she wants to and giving up her career because she's been asked to..

Agree with each n every word about the characterization of mishaal

Cudnt have said it better and the writer sarwat Nazir has done an amazing job in penning mishi n saba is killing it

Not just her attitude towards in laws

I love how she interacts with her subordinates like jaani at work and also the maid at home

Also how the sisters bond inspite of being step sister

And the best part how mishi is so caring and protective of the mom ...whereas media people r always portrayed to b spoilt

NOW COMING TO THE 2ND PARA...firstly mishaal has NOT LEFT her career ...its just that there r bigger issues in her life now which she wants to settle first...the last time they talked about career was when she said she just agreed so that his words don't falter in front of his mom but that doesn't mean she is quitting

And coming to drama actresses working after marriage ...the main difference being the drama actresses don't get married to such lower middle class families like haiders...here mishis career is such a big issue coz in such class models r looked down upon like that...if haider belonged to some higher class then the problem wudnt hv been so much highlighted

Hence haider has been shown belonging to the traditional lower middle class fsmily to make sense

Plus the show is not even half over

I really wish they show how mishi n her career gets accepted slowly slowly

And it's started already...last epi both saba and hamna admitted mishi isn't besharam
episode 9 was boring but I forgot to mention earlier that I love all wahab scenes!!! Hes so funny 🀣