Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

In my opinion, Sanam Saeed was the best part about ZGH. She was the best performer by far and I've always said this. That show made Sanam Saeed who she is today. Fawad could have probably done another show for Humtv after Humsafar and it would've still done well..but this was make or break for Sanam and I feel she really proved herself. Even Sanam Saeed knew that she had to really prove herself here. I may have certain issues with her as an actor in some of her other shows but not in ZGH...not at all. The supporting cast was awesome but everything revolved around Kashaf, not them.

And, I never found Kashaf annoying. I found her very real. That's how most of us are - pessimistic, insecure, complex, vulnerable etc. Kashaf was as real as anyone can get...and I never ever found her annoying..but that's just me.

Oh thats the reason coz u r like kashaf

I didnt like her coz i m not like kashaf

I m like mansha pasha and sameenas character in zindagi gulzar who is optimistic n dont waste time n others time by bickering all the time n always see the brighter side of everything

I hate characters like kashaf who jus know how to complain n think negative n spoil the moods ofnothers too the way she did with sameena n mansha

But thankfully she improved after getting married to zaroon

So after that i liked kashaf zaroon

But every gal is not like kashaf

God knows what wud hv happened to her if there was not sameena mansha and zaroon to mk her feel good n cheer her up n all she cud give bk was negativity

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Sunrise.

we are talking about the actor not the character
Kashaf was annoying because Sanam made her annoying
She was supposed to be annoying. Kashaf in my opinion is one of the most difficult characters played on screen

Even as an actor i felt mansha pasha and sameena peerzaada used to overshadow her in their scenes and in the scene with zaroon...it was fawad who made zaroon kashaf work...i didnt see ny romantic side from kashaf that ll add to the chemistry...but that was her character...kashaf was not expressive in a romantic way...so i know why sanam underplayed in the romantic scenes but my good ness fawad was sooo good in the romantic scenes of zgh

In the fighting scenes initially she was damn good but so was fawad

Its very hard to overshadow fawad

Only sanam baloch cud do it in dastaan

But i still think fawad never got his due for dastaan as no one gave him the credit for playing hassan so unbelievably well
Thankfully the zindagi viwers r appreciating his work as hassan
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Oh thats the reason coz u r like kashaf

I didnt like her coz i m not like kashaf

I m like mansha pasha and sameenas character in zindagi gulzar who is optimistic n dont waste time n others time by bickering all the time n always see the brighter side of everything

I hate characters like kashaf who jus know how to complain n think negative n spoil the moods ofnothers too the way she did with sameena n mansha

But thankfully she improved after getting married to zaroon

So after that i liked kashaf zaroon

But every gal is not like kashaf

God knows what wud hv happened to her if there was not sameena mansha and zaroon to mk her feel good n cheer her up n all she cud give bk was negativity

@ bold: LOL, what I'm trying to say is I never found Kashaf annoying..I found her real. I think a lot of girls related to her, not just me. We already have many fantastical female characters out there while Kashaf was different...and I liked her journey.
starstruckk thumbnail
@Abby: and yeah, I loved Mansha as Sidra. She was really good.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

@ bold: LOL, what I'm trying to say is I never found Kashaf annoying..I found her real. I think a lot of girls related to her, not just me. We already have many fantastical female characters out there while Kashaf was different...and I liked her journey.

OH YES KASHAFS JOURNEY WAS SHOWN BEAUTIFULLY

And credit for that goes to the writer

From the first epi where she was so negative to the last epi where she is content n happy n finally admits zindagi is indeed gulzar hai was jus unbelievable

What a screenplay n characters

What written content my goodness

who is the writer of zgh

I still dont know

I know who wrote humsafar n dastaan

But i dont know the writer

I know sultana apa directed it

starstruckk thumbnail
@ Abby: whaaa? you don't know who wrote ZGH? It's Umera Ahmed.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

@ Abby: whaaa? you don't know who wrote ZGH? It's Umera Ahmed.

Oh ok

That's a surprise

Coz the script of zgh was something else

It was so good that I thought someone better than umera wrote it

Till now I used to think doraha MALAAL digest qaid e tanhai as her bestest works

But looks like now I hv to keep them all in no 2 n zgh as the numero uno
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Oh ok

That's a surprise

Coz the script of zgh was something else

It was so good that I thought someone better than umera wrote it

Till now I used to think doraha MALAAL digest qaid e tanhai as her bestest works

But looks like now I hv to keep them all in no 2 n zgh as the numero uno

Have you seen Daam?
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Daam was umeras script too

Omggg

I jus knew it was directed by mehreen jabbar

Mata e jaan was Farhat ishtiaque right
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ok dis is gonna be one long post.😉
My observations.

1stly Sanam has always said that she opts for the strong woman kind of roles and that dear r Khoobsurat girls to do those kind of roles and dat her criteria is different and also the different actors r suited for different roles. Here I feel Sanam is being modest, coz I feel she can do any roles, even the mazloom aurat/ abla nari kinds, but her temperament does not allow her to do such roles.

2ndly yes her roles r mostly of the strong female types, but herein lies her versatility, where she brings in a distinctive characterisation for each of the characters she plays nd never does her one character resemble the other, coz her. Characters may be be strong headed, but she portrays them differently.

Also forget abt portraying d same characters, the one character she portrays in one show itself, shows so much of evolution. Case in point, Kashaf. From d extremely bitter nd negative eldest daughter struggling for the basics in life to the quietly confident professional, to the love sceptic nd cynic rapidly falling in love with zaroon nd still maintaining indifference to the practical wife nd DIL to d suspecting nd insecure wife, she portrayed with brilliance. Yes Kashaf gave her d opportunity, but she did full justice to Kashaf.Her other characters may not he offered her so much of range, but her characters evolve with d story. Also she makes it a point to to portray her roles differently. The same with Bibi or Shazia or their other portrayals.

3rdly for whatever reasons, I don't see Sanam getting d credit here on dis forum where I assume most ppl r form Pak or have Pak connect nd also she does not uv dat kind of fan grip tht exists for other celebs, though mostly ppl like her. But after Zindagi amongst the females, Sanam is d most popular with zindagi viewers nd ppl she was superlative as Kashaf, but has be appreciated for her portrayals of Minah, Shazia nd Yamina nd ppl r marvelling at her versitality as all d characters were different nd Snam portrayed all of dem convincingly. But now dis has also led to insecure fans of other celebs bash her unnecessarily, but that is expected.

Dears more but will continue later.